5Toyo Open Country A/T II

4.3

84% · 549 · 14%

jackedoff
jackedoffPerth, WA40 posts

So quiet on the road and excellent off road

Very impressed with the already smooth ride of my Landrover Discovery 3, now because of these Toyo Opat A/T's my ride is even smoother. It was a bonus that after doing research on this site, it was the reason i bought them and they, in comparison to the more expensive tyres on the market are extremely well priced!

Robbo
RobboPerth3 posts

Unbalanceable

Paid big dollars for 5 new tyres and 3 different tyre dealers including Ironcat in Kewdale couldn't balance them after 3 attempts.

The boss at Ironcat assertively reassured me they were balanced yet every time i used the highway the shaking would and still does occur.

At dead on 100km/h they cause vibration and lack of traction. Dangerous.

Ripped off !

Lewy
LewyCanberra7 posts

Agressive All Terrains - Awesome!

I was after some tyres that were one size bigger than standard on my Colorado 7. I also wanted deep chunky tread without going for a Mud Tyre. These ticked all of the boxes. They provide very good grip when off road and i can't fault the on road performance. There is a very small amount of road noise at high speed on hotmix tar, but thats about it.

gooddroprob
gooddroprob4 posts

Excellent long distance tyre

I love these tyres. I put them on my 78-series Troopy (skinny spilt-rims) just before heading off from Melbourne on a six month trip. My family and I have been up through the Territory, across the top of WA, down the coast, and are just about home after crossing the Nullabor. We're yet to have a problem with these tyres and haven't been stuck once. We've been on hard, rocky, dirt tracks, crossed creeks and rivers up in Kakadu, and been in pretty heavy beach sand in WA (20 psi), and as mentioned, the tyres have been excellent. They don't look like they've worn much over 20,000 kms. I'm thinking of buying the MT version for muddy Vic. tracks next year.

lan
lanDelungra6 posts

the perfect tire

I am 53 years of age I have used a lot of tires I do a lot of traveling I have been running porelli's on the car I have today I have gotten 85000 ks out of one set of tyres rotation at every ten thousand ks wheel alignment and rotation at every 10.000 km perfect in the wet perfect in the dry and I am a hard driver and fast driver excellent I recommend it highly

Clint
ClintAdelaide3 posts

Best Tyre So Far

Very quiet and good wearing great for beach driving bag out well also great for rocky situations don't clear to bad in light mud and have balanced up well at every service so far done 40000ks and nearly half way through the tread not bad for a 3.5 ton vehicle....

allan1776
allan1776South East Queensland, QLD13 posts

These are a great mid range priced tyre

I fitted a set of these types recently and I was a little sceptical when i saw them on the 4WD as I thought that they may have been noisy due to their block design. I was absolute wrong in my fears. They are a great tyre, they are quieter at speed on the highway than my previous Goodyears, I feel that they are better in the wet, and are better stopping on a wet or dry road. cant comment on their off- road performance, as I use my 4WD for towing My 3.1 tonne Caravan

Naidon
NaidonSouth East Queensland, QLD17 posts

garyandgail
garyandgail4 posts

Cypress
CypressAU2 posts

OK Tyre

Bought my first set 265/65/17 AT2 in February 2016 for a 08 Prado as replacement for worn BFG KO.Felt OK on road and offroad, seemed lighter on turns. Did over 20000 kms doing a lap of OZ towing a 2.1 tonne van,bitumen and dirt and some tracks.handled it OK. Tyres made a funny whine at about 100kph little like a diff whine.

Sold Prado in Nov 16 and didnt have them on long enough to notice abnormal wear.

Bought a new Ranger 4x4 D/Cab fitted them again same size, same noise.I can hear it thru the cab but only in the background .BUT where can you buy a 120 load load rating made in Japan for $240 fitted in OZ.

Good tyre for the price

Deedub
DeedubMetropolitan Adelaide, SA17 posts

Great replacement for stock tyres

Needed to replace my worn-out Bridgestone HT tyres (original fit) to my Isuzu D-Max. (They weren't too bad.) I looked for Light Truck tyres as I am now towing a 20ft caravan and wanted tyres with thicker side walls to take increased weight as well as being able to go 4WD'ing when off hitched. I can't be more pleased. A great tyre for towing and 4WD'ing. They have an aggressive tyre pattern but aren't noisy. They're also brilliant for road grip in the wet. Would definitely buy again next time.

M Moffat
M MoffatMid North Coast, NSW4 posts

Great all rounder

I purchased toyo open country just on 12 months ago, they are wearing so well that my mrs changed her coopers (which she was very happy with) to the toyo open country

Great value for money good on the road, on the gravel

Great all rounder

I will definitely purchase again

Goldilocks
GoldilocksQld

Dangerous

No traction in wet. Compound has gone hard and they are useless. Message toyo and all they could say is all A/T tyres are like that, I have driven on so many different tyres on 4x4 and these are the worst. Coopers out perform easy. Customer care was a joke. Bought 2 years ago and they are so crazed and cracked people ask why I put old tyres on a new car. Don't waste your money.

David Garland
David GarlandAU15 posts

Overall
Noise Level
Functionality
richardp
richardpWide Bay-Burnett, QLD4 posts

Happy Jan

Purchased a set of Toyo Open Country A/T II in Adelaide and drove back to Bundaberg towing a 3 ton caravan via the coast road. Very happy with the performance, especially when it was raining all the way from Melbourne to Sydney. Also very happy with the purchase price and service from Tyrepower in Gawler.

asulikeitSYDNEY22 posts
asulikeit

25,000km later and the tyres are still doing well....

4WD Tyres

Find out how Toyo Open Country A/T II compares to other 4WD Tyres

Kevin
Kevin

Fantastic tyres

Have had these tyres on my GX Prado for around 40, 000kms now.

Running them in a LT245/75 R17. Have been a great tyre in various conditions.

Still have around half tread left and grip well on wet roads and most off road terrain.

Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a well priced tyre that is perfect as an all-rounder for daily driving and fun on the weekend.

Josh

StuartPerth, WA2 posts

Steve t
Steve tWhitsunday2 posts

Toyo at2 the best

Put these new toyo at2's on my prado about 5000 klms ago. The look aggressive but ride as quiet as a mouse. They are 1500 kg load rated so basically take any punishment. Best of all they grip really well in all conditions unlike many of the USA branded tyres. Dropped to 18 psi in the sand and no dramas on Fraser. I have driven on most AT tyres and these are hands down the best by a sizeable margin. Cant speak highly enough of these tyres.

Dunk
DunkGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC10 posts

great value for money

have recently swapped to toyo best move I have made great in the wet. Quite better on and off road you dont have to buy the most expensive AT tyre as most of them are not that good in the wet on road. However Toyo tyres open country 2 are fantastic.

Show details ·  2

Dr Myers
Dr Myers3 posts

cranky11
cranky11Sydney, NSW12 posts

Great on & off road

Excellent grip on wet roads and minimal tread noise considering these are chunky tyres. Have done about 5,000km so far and they still look new. Off road use has been limited but they had plenty of grip.