Toyo Open Country H/T

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyo Tires

Matt73
Matt73Roma

Good Tyre with Excellent Wear

CarHolden Captiva
Mike
MikeMalanda

Value for money

The tyres performed very well,produced very good mileage approx 60k kilometres. Tyres gave a very comfortable ride and felt safe in all weather conditions. Vehicle travelled on winding roads daily and showed limited corner tyre wear and gripped very well on braking. Tyres were so impressive they were replaced with the same tyre on the same vehicle

CarNissan Navarro 2016 model

CharlesMelbourne

Excellent braking and handling

CarLandrover Discovery TD5
Taffy
TaffySoutheast, SA

Cannot believe this

Away on holidays, we needed new tyres. We had the original tyres on our Mitsubishi Challenger and never had a problem. Had a great run out of them, but the road noise was unbearable. When we went to purchase new tyres, the salesman asked us if we were happy with the tyres, but sorry, he never had any( this was over at Charters Towers) and we would have to wait for 4 tyres to come in. We said yes, we were sort of happy with them, but could he show us some that we could purchase. We needed to be on the road again.
He showed us the Toyo H/T Open Country tyres, told us how great they were and we bought them. NO ROAD noise. Awesome. Very very pleased with the purchase of these beauties, and they look great on the car.

CarMitsubishi Challenger 2014

CarOutlander ZJ ASPIRE
Radar
RadarPerth

roonAU

Soft ride and soo quiet.This review has been edited-bad in the wet- i feek unsafe

marty260
marty260
roon

Thanks, now I feel it aint just me too!!

MadMattCentral Queensland, QLD

Toyo Open Country H/T

I have drove every back road I could find around Longreach just recently, drove about 8000km last year on gravel, have drove on lumps of ripped granite in state forests, pulled the porcupine spines from my tyres, never lowered the pressures when I should, abused them in every way possible, and hit potholes that left me at the chiropractor. I was told many times how I have ruined my tyres or they would delaminate. Not even a flat.
Indestructable.
Wear indicators very high.

MadMatt

05/09/2015... the old girl their on is now a '2nd vehicle', but still the same toyos!

Mark JenkinsSydney

So far 88,257 km out of tyres RAV4 2008 manual reg rotations 5k

Excellent tyres I purchased to replace the Dunlops on the 2008 RAV4..They are up for renewal now after doing 88k on them.. They have been great set of tyre still have a few thousand km left on rear but fronts are on wear bars.
I would recommend these tyres to anyone.. great value considering how many kms travelled
length of wear
none

Luk
LukAU

Disappointed

HUMPA
HUMPAQueensland, Australia

The Best

Toyota landcruiser 80 1996 I just clock up 90000 + with a 80 series which still have more in them The best 4x4 tyre I ever had on wet roads & when the family comes first with Toyo now I just have to find a good price for a new set lol but it dosent matter on the price ride safety comfort
The best

Towcruiser
Towcruiser

josh terpstra
josh terpstra

what car do you have?

gavandy
gavandy

To early to tell re wear, but very quiet and comfortable. I have always ended up buying Toyos in the past and have found them a superior product to others.
Very quiet, much improved ride compared to my old cooper ATs
May not be very good off road, but 90%+ for me is on road anyway.

biswarmu
biswarmuasked

I am not sure how people get so much mileage out of tyres - it seems all my cars are wearing out below 20000. The toyo A25 OEM tyre lasted the longest so far at 18710km. Sure I don't putt along but the wear is not to one side of the tyre to show I corner hard. I do not drive at excessive speed and stay on the bitumen although my road is winding, abrasive, bumpy and the odd cuts on the surface. Travel 25km per day at work and occasional fire trails. Yet four cars in a row got the tyres all worn out! These days I even make sure the pressure is not too low. I would take the blame as the common factor but surely the tyres were meant to handle speeds of 90km/hr - that's about the fastest I go in the local area. Another common feature is - all these tyres that got worn out were OEM. Anyone got any suggestion whether I would be better off with a more A/T tyre than those H/T type for the Navara Np300?

Tom Hull
Tom Hullasked

Have Dunlop grandtrek st20 on my 2014 mitsubishi outlander.The noise level is totally unacceptable. Any one with the same vehicle recommend a replacement type? Size is 215x70x16.vehicle is 90% road use. Regards Tom

Ross

I had the Toyo open country h/t. They were VERY quiet and gripped great. I have since sold the vehicle and still have contact with the new owner. The tyres have now done 145,000 ks and still have 5mm to the treadwear indicators.
My new vehicle is an Outlander as well and I have fitted toyo's as well

shf001
shf001asked

Wanting to replace the OEM Bridgestone Duelers on my Mitsubishi Challenger diesel automatic RWD which has currently travelled 75,000 kms, with a potential to do over 100,000 kms. Never been on unsealed roads but regularly tows a 2500kg van. Opions please on the Toyo Open Country HP tyres for my situation?

MadMatt

My feeling is the Toyo is a softer compound, and in your situation 'maybe' the Duelers would be better, in your case being RWD, towing. All the weight and wear on the rear tyres. Ask your dealer 2 simple questions. Which has the most ply in the wall? and which has the hardest compound rating?

See all Toyo Open Country H/T questions