Toyota 86 ZN6 GTS Manual

Toyota 86 ZN6 GTS Manual (2012-2020)

Also referred to as: Toyota 86 ZN6 GTS Manual 2019 and Toyota 86 ZN6 GTS Manual 2021.

4.2

• Comfort
ninkasi

ninkasiMelbourne

Amazing 'bang for buck'

Purchased in February 2017.

Noise Level
Features
Comfort
vicsatester

vicsatesterSydney, NSW

Battery is faulty and Toyota's attitude is deplorable

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Carbarandmar

CarbarandmarNSW, 2560

Best sports car on the road

Driving long distances, I needed a reliable car. I used to drive a Toyota Celica, but opted to update to a 2017 model Toyota 86. So glad I did. It's a little ripper... it's KY daily commute to and from work, and it's so comfortable I hardly know I'm driving a sports car. The seat warmers are a nice change on a cold winters morning while driving to work. There has been no recalls on this car so far..

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Sports Cars

Find out how Toyota 86 ZN6 GTS Manual compares to other Sports Cars

Mary

MaryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

lacking Oomph

I thought it would be more powerful considering all the hooha that was made about it & being a Japanese company. I had a hatchback that had more power than this car. I will say that it is a solid car made by good quality material, sturdy. Just lacking power for a sports car.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Amy

Amyperth WA, 6038

Love this car <3

Love this car! Its a Toyota so it will last forever!
Travel everyday from alkimos to FSH in it.
I has had a good run so far, and will hopefully last a very long time.

Running costs = very cheap for fuel, fuel lasts a long time in it.

Interior = the leather in my steering wheel is coming off which is the only down fall.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Carrie.chen

Carrie.chenSydney

Perfect first car

Purchased the car in 2015 and I love it a lot. The car handles well and is good with fuel mileage too. However, the only downside is the small back seats and boot space. Not very functional if you want to carry 4 passengers around as it can get quite tight.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Leo

LeoSydney

Perfect Car

This is my first Sport Car. I am very happy with its performance. Price is reasonable as well. However there is no spare tyre. It happened once not long after my purchase that one of the tyres was broken and the repair kit did not work. Finally the car had to be towed for tyre replacement.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Matty

MattyCanberra

Fun Fun Fun

If you are looking for a speed machine, this car is not for you. If you are looking for a cheap and affordable sports car that will give you a genuine driving experience than this is the car for you. Definitely isn't slow and you could easily still lose your licence. As you would expect from a 2L, it is very efficient on fuel even when you push it hard.

They have come down in price these days, definitely a buy <3

Find out how Toyota 86 ZN6 GTS Manual compares to other Sports Cars

Michael H

Michael HMelbourne, Victoria

Great Handling

The handling creates a brilliant driving experience and the GTS model comes loaded with all the features you could ever need. The back seats fold down which allows for plenty of cargo room and even fits my snowboards. Back seats are usable for those 5 foot 10 and under. Very good on fuel (averaging 7.5 liters per 100km) but there is a fair bit of road noise due to little sound insulation.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Edgar

EdgarMelbourne

Toyota 86 experience

Bought this car and can I say it's amazing. Performance is better than expected and handling is a dream come true. Able to do twist and turns with ease on the mountains. Downside is the torque dip on 3rd gear but this can be fixed with a custom tune. Dashboard can be a bit better as well as it is laggy. Running costs is not that cheap if you are tracking it or driving like a race car. If a daily car, you will probaly average around 9L per 100km. Overall for the price range, I would recommend if you are looking for a budget NA sports car.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Hannah N.

Hannah N.asked

GTS Manual (2012-2020)

Hey guys.

I'm looking at buying a Toyota 86 GTS manual.
It has a fair few extras on it and it sounds a great.
It's only got just over 70 000 km on it and it looks like it's in really good nic.

I have done so much research on them but to sum it up the Toyota 86 GTS is not like a Hilux it hasn't been around for years and years so it's hard to try find the long-term practicality or full engine life.

When we went to test drive the car yesterday afternoon we found out that the guy who owns it has thrashed it in the time that he has had it.

My partner and I have researched them and we have read that on the racetrack those models get absolutely thrashed and they will have a lifespan of a round 150 000 to 175 000 km if looked after well and his seems to have been looked after.

Now I fell in love with this car when I took it for a test drive but because it was driven pretty hard I'm just not sure of its reliability.
Obviously Toyota have a great reputation for reliability in general again this is a relatively new car.

Just wanting to hear your opinions out there obviously it's more like a sports car so it's meant to be driven a bit more hard than your general Toyota Camry or something, but should I be worried if I continue treating it well will it last me 2 to 3 years or more?

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives