Toyota 86 ZN6 GTS Manual

Toyota 86 ZN6 GTS Manual (2012-2020) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: Toyota 86 ZN6 GTS Manual 2019 and Toyota 86 ZN6 GTS Manual 2021.

1 question from our users

Hannah N.

Hannah N.asked

GTS Manual (2012-2020)

Hey guys.

I'm looking at buying a Toyota 86 GTS manual.
It has a fair few extras on it and it sounds a great.
It's only got just over 70 000 km on it and it looks like it's in really good nic.

I have done so much research on them but to sum it up the Toyota 86 GTS is not like a Hilux it hasn't been around for years and years so it's hard to try find the long-term practicality or full engine life.

When we went to test drive the car yesterday afternoon we found out that the guy who owns it has thrashed it in the time that he has had it.

My partner and I have researched them and we have read that on the racetrack those models get absolutely thrashed and they will have a lifespan of a round 150 000 to 175 000 km if looked after well and his seems to have been looked after.

Now I fell in love with this car when I took it for a test drive but because it was driven pretty hard I'm just not sure of its reliability.
Obviously Toyota have a great reputation for reliability in general again this is a relatively new car.

Just wanting to hear your opinions out there obviously it's more like a sports car so it's meant to be driven a bit more hard than your general Toyota Camry or something, but should I be worried if I continue treating it well will it last me 2 to 3 years or more?

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives