Toyota C-HR NGX10R / NGX50R

Toyota C-HR NGX10R / NGX50R (2017-2019) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: Toyota C-HR NGX10R / NGX50R 2018 and Toyota C-HR NGX10R / NGX50R 2020. (No Badge) (2017-2019) and Koba (2017-2019)

6 questions from our users

What’s the difference between NGX10R and NGX50R?

I am really keen on purchasing the 2019 Toyota CHR turbo, however my only concern is the 1.2 litre engine (as I currently have a toyota with a 1.8 litre engine) Would there be a massive difference? Does it struggle to speed up on a highway or uphill ?
My wife and I are more than happy with its performance. We have taken ours up hills and out on the highway and have never felt the performance lacking for our demands. If there is a weakness, it would more likely be the CVT transmission which tends to soak up your power a little (initially) if accelerating briskly. This can be mitigated somewhat by engaging "Sports" mode which increases the pickup a little and introduces "simulated" transmission gear changes (like a non-CVT transmission). However, there really is no better way to determine whether this suits you or not other than taking a demo in those conditions.

I want the 2019 Koba but is it worth getting all the extras like the side, rear and front skirts and garnishes? It does cost a lot extra but i'm sure it will look a lot hotter!! Anyone got photos??

Why do owners and reviewers criticise the chr for chr for demanding premium fuel?The owners manual clearly states a requirement of 95 octane and up to 10percent ethanol...e10 is fine.
Not quite right John. What the manual says is Toyota allows the use of ethanol blended gasoline as long as the RON is a minimum of 95. Australian E10 has an octane rating up to 94 (depending on who the supplier is). I know it's only one point difference but unless you know the fuel brand your are buying is definetely 94RON, I'd only be using E10 as a temporary measure.

Noticed on my Koba that when I lock the car with the smart key fob a single press elicits one beep but two presses elicits two beeps. Both are locking the vehicle but I feel the double press must be activating something else too. Anyone have any ideas?

How does it go up hills with 4 or 5 people in the car? I test drove one today...absolutely loved it...but...I'm concerned about the engine power actually
It goes perfectly when fully loaded. I’ve just driven from Wollongong to Thredbo for a holiday with my mum & daughter, with half the back seat full of luggage & the boot full. It maintained the speed limit up hills & performed perfectly when overtaking, you only have to tap on the acceleration & it takes off, beats all the 10 or so 4 cylinder cars I’ve owned in the past - all of which would lose their speed on the hills when my foot was flat to the floor with the engine struggling - not the case with the CHR. Read my review & take it for a test drive with 3 or 4 of your friends or familyI want the 2019 Koba but is it worth getting all the extras like the side, rear and front skirts and garnishes? It does cost a lot extra but i'm sure it will look a lot hotter!!

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives