Toyota Corolla E110

Toyota Corolla E110 (1993-1997)

See the Best Sedans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

AussieSteve

AussieStevebrisbane

Very reliable car

Bought a new 1996 Auto Corolla. One of the most reliable cars you can get. Ask yourself what is the most common older car you see still being used? It's a Corolla. Mine has no air bags and therefore wasn't part of the Takata air bag recalls.

Purchased in May 1996.

Comfort

Jasjelly

JasjellyBristol

400 dollar win

this car is awesome very poweful for such a small thing very light weight toyota is very good for making cheap light weight cars that last a life time this car could have gone for ever and ever but sadly i had to let it go however this was the best car i have bought

Engine Size1.6
Date PurchasedNov 2017
alex

alex

Perfect car for the city

Perfect car for a busy cities like mesbourne, sydney and brisbane.
Fast, small, quick and reliable, is a car for those who need to deslocate on the crazy traffic of the biggest cities in australia.
Cheap in fuel, my car needs just 7 littlers of petrol to run 100 km

BadgeAscent
Engine Size1.8
Date PurchasedOct 2017
Daniel

DanielAustralia

Outstanding Reliability

Can't fault our old 1992 Corolla Hatch with 5-speed manual. This was an extremely reliable and compact hatch great for the runaround and city trips. The drive was good, power was nice and fuel economy decent too, the suspension and comfort great. Overall this car was perfect for what we needed it for. 260,000km and finally sold, I wouldn't be surprised if this car was out on the road somewhere. Brilliant reliability from Toyota once again. Highly recommend a Toyota any day! Japanese cars are the greatest.

Badge0
TransmissionManual
Engine Size1.8L

JustWantGoodService

JustWantGoodServiceCanberra, Australian Capital Territory

You cannot beat 90s era Corollas

Such a good little car. I'm now on my second Corolla of this era, my first was stolen and I was devastated. At 205,000 k's my little beast is still going strong, and I fully expect to keep her going for another 10 years. As a side note we use exclusively Toyota vehicles at my workplace and they are universally excellent. Would never buy anything else.
Unbeatable reliability, cheap to service and maintain.
Not super flashy looking, mine is an ugly colour

Bandzior

BandziorQueensland, 4169

Four Corollas and never had any problem with them

As usual Japanese car up to mid 2000's - they were the most reliable cars on Earth. Even now I prefer to buy 10+ years old Jap than anything else and I have never had any issues with them. Currently I have just bought my fourth Toyota Corolla, all of them dated 1995-1999.
Always reliable. Always starts. Always stops. Fuel efficient.
Looking at it you can tell it's not a new car; also safety features are far better in current models

Engine Size1.8

Lelsbells

Lelsbells

Good

I have one of these and absolutely love it, except for getting out of it, at which time I feel my age! I have never had a single problem with this car and it is the third Toyota I have had. I went away from Toyota the once and would never do it again. This is a very reliable little car, suitable for males or females.
A sporty-looking car. Quite speedy and easy to handle. Plenty of head room.
It is a bit low and I find it a little difficult getting out of it. There is not very much leg room at the back, but plenty at the front.

girlunicorn

girlunicornAU

Good

skplowman

skplowman

AWESOME!!! This is the best car I have owned.
Great handling, roomy, excellent fuel economy, love the leather steering wheel and sports seats. RELIABLE!!
Lateral vision through the windscreen is a bit restricted.

Fairygirl

FairygirlSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Johnno

Johnnoasked

I'm looking at a 1999 Corolla hatchback with a 1.8 engine, manual. Asking price $3k, It has almost 200 000kms on it, is a major service due then and does it require a timing change replacement?

victorasked

My Toyota corolla 110 manual 1995 model Just Stops Accelerating and cut gas and stops. then i called a mechanic when he came the car behaved like nothing had happened. the same problem occurred again after two weeks I called a mechanic and he changed the fuel pump, cleaned the distributor and the problem didn't stop. he told me the fuel nozzle were faulty and required replacement. After around three hours the car was in order powerful as usual i traveled for aver 700 kilometers and the same problem has appeared again twice. what can be the problem?

victor

the control box was faulty

Dean

Deanasked

Hi Im looking to buy a 1997 toyota corolla conquest seca, it has 122,000 kms on the clock and they're asking $3,000 in victoria. It has no service history, has rwc from previous seller. do you think it would be a good buy? Any ideas?

Chrisfi3d
Chrisfi3d

Sounds about right. Have it thoroughly looked over by an independent mechanic first though.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

CategoryCars and Sedans
Starting Price $19,750
TransmissionAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrol