Toyota Corolla E120

Toyota Corolla E120 (2004-2007)

See the Best Sedans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Krisheel

Krisheel

Toyota Corolla

Date PurchasedDec 2018

The most reliable car ever!!

I have owned my 2007 corolla accent sports for just over 10 years, and have travelled over 190000kms in it. It has NEVER let me down, always starts easily and hasn't had any issues. All I have ever done is had it serviced every 8-10 months. It is a fantastic little car that is easy to drive and park. It is zippy and so reliable.
The only small issue is that the passenger window electric button decided to not work a couple of years ago. Also has been recalled to replace the passenger airbag.
Overall I have loved my corolla!! It is now owned by my step son who also loves it. I would highly recommend a corolla.

BadgeAscent Sport
Date PurchasedJan 2008
Vin

Vin

not the best with pick up

i dont like that this car doesnt have quick pick up- even though its a given considering its size and how many cylinders it has- but i find its difficult when merging or having to make sudden movements to merge with traffic. the brakes are fantastic, wish there was an airbag for the passenger and not just the driver

Date PurchasedSep 2011
Stace Vargas

Stace VargasAdelaide

Great reliable car

Best car I've ever owned, runs & handles well. Is nice to drive, I do most of my driving in suburbs but it handles the occasional country drive & holiday well too.
I am the third owner of this good little car, it has been regularly serviced as log book suggests & has been reliable for me since I bought it.
My car has now done 132000km & still handles as good as it did when I bought it. At that time it had done 60000km. Looking forward to many more years of reliable driving my Corolla
Only cons major services are quite pricey

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

blackberryjane

blackberryjaneAdelaide

Love my car

I recently bought a Toyota Corolla Ascent Year 2008. It feels as light as a feather to control, the steering almost weightless, parking a breeze. And yet the power is all there. This model is not a luxury car in terms of padded seating and such, but that is a small sacrifice to make in exchange the oomph of the engine, going from idle to speed quickly and effortlessly. It's extremely economical to run too. Couldn't be happier.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Erolini Tovio

Erolini TovioVIC, 3976

Great Reliable Car

Car is super reliable and low maintenance. does so well on petrol and running costs have been under $50 a week and is comfortable. As far as cars go, this car is super safe also. I have had mine now for almost 8 years and not many problems with it at all. It performs and handles well.

BadgeCorolla
Date PurchasedMay 2009

kannan ramasamy

kannan ramasamyseville grove

Low maintenance

I recommend this brand and model. corolla is a perfect and compact family car. easy to drive and park. good fuel economy. i am using this car from 2009 still no issues so far so good. Famous and familiar brand so easily we can get spare parts. feeling very happy having this.

Date PurchasedSep 2009

Radelaide

RadelaideAdelaide

Popular for a good reason

Date PurchasedFeb 2011
Bliss

BlissBrisbane

Pretty reliable

My Corolla is a 2005 version. It is really reliable just everyone said it to be. It has 150000km mileage and is still running fine. The newer version feels better to drive maybe because of newer more efficient engines. The road noise is rather obvious compare to higher class cars. But still it’s relainii and low maintenance is really good.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Ash

AshSYD

Reliable

Excellent car. Did not cause any problems if you do regular services and care. Really reliable. Did not let me struggle on the street. Low running ng cost, fuel efficient good pick up. Smooth driving. Spacious inside. Not very attractive interior though. Good engine. Would highly recommend especially for new starters or youngsters

Date PurchasedOct 2006

Helene

HeleneSouth West, WA

Still going strong

I've had this car for seven years and I have never had any major mechanical problems the seats are getting a little worn but thought the years that I have use this car it's been fantastic. My car is doing 135,000 km and still going strong oh what a feeling!

BadgeConquest
Date PurchasedJan 2007

Russell

RussellMelbourne

Cheap but reliable with huge amount of interior space

I purchased at a great second hand price, it is a great little reliable car. The thing I like the most about it is the huge amount of interior space it has. It's almost like a small van. The back seats fold flat, and I removed the passenger seat for extra storage space when I moved house & was impressed with how much stuff I could fit inside.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Glenys Patricia

Glenys PatriciaAU

safety first

Handles really well, noise at low speeds, and bumpers both front and back have dislodged but when you are hit from behind that is a bonus as no damage to bumper only scratches....and clips needed redoing... car seat covers are tricky to fit and hard wiring had to be done to wires under seats as childrens bottles shoes etc would knock wires .....over all one alternator replaced and lights went through a bad patch windscreens are prone to catching the odd rock but overall I have had a good ten years 280.000 kms mostly for work and running family over auckland

BadgeCSX
Date PurchasedMar 2007
Dennis T

Dennis TSunshine Coast

Overrated

Date PurchasedNov 2007
YourFace1996

YourFace1996Adelaide

Such a great all-rounder!

I like the fact this car does everything I ask it to!
Accelerates well and still runs like a champ for a ten year old car.
Fits four adults comfortably, has a white backed instrument cluster which looks really nice at night. The boot looks deceptively tiny from the outside, but is huge once you open it!
Costs about the same to run as my previous car (Starlet) even though body and engine are significantly larger.
Has a slightly generic but cute n' curvy exterior appearance. Silver metallic paint looks awesome in certain lights!
If you're looking for a reliable all-rounder, this is the car for you!

BadgeConquest
Date PurchasedNov 2016

3plusone

3plusoneSydney

Most reliable. Most affordable. Least trouble

Have just purchased the second 2002 Corolla sedan with 50k on the clock.
Nothing goes wrong with these cars. I have the annual Toyota Service and thats it...not even a flat tyre since first one bought as a Premium Used Car in 2004.
The family Corolla's are only driven local and always garaged but NOTHING EVER GOES WRONG
Corolla's are safe and have power to avoid trouble if necessary.
Sedan body has enough room in front and back to take impact. Corolla's don't attract attention - you are not showing off - just driving. Insurance is cheap.
Whats not to like?

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Kat2705

Kat2705South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent used car purchase.

My review is for a 2002 corolla sedan automatic.
We purchased the car at 42,000 km from a older couple upgrading to tow a caravan.We had a broker find the car for us.
From word go the car was just what we were after.It was a easy pleasant drive that uses very little fuel.I drive around the city a lot and often make long distance trips.
Fast forward to 178, 000 km and i have only had a few issues.Had indicator stick replaced and a slumped engine mount.I also have the car serviced as per toyota recommendations and only use premium fuel.I cannot recommend this series enough.While we will be upgrading soon as we will have teenagers to carry around its a ever reliable car.

Date PurchasedFeb 2007

Quickpig

QuickpigSoldiers Point

Just amazing

Purchased in April 2004 for $21,000.00.

Noise Level

2004 Ascent wagon economical, reliable and versatile vehicle

BodyWagon

Raj

Rajasked

I am planning to buy a Toyota 2006 Corolla Conquest Model (ran 100k) for 6300. Can you please let me know whether i would have to change the timing belt soon after a few kms run?

Tom Brown
Tom Brown

I believe you have timing chain not a belt on that model. If its well maintained it should last the life of the car.

Karl Sasked

Hi all!
Can anyone advise if a 2004 Corolla wagon (ZZE122R) is long enough to sleep in the back with the rear seats folded down (assuming the seats fold down flat)?

I'm on the hunt for a fuel efficient, inexpensive vehicle (to own and maintain) that can double as a town runabout and also as a surf trip wagon where we can sleep in the back on odd occasions as needed (surfboards on the roof obviously).

I've also asked about the i30 wagon and have been told they are too short to be used for this purpose. My next option is something a bit larger and more expensive to own/run like the Subaru Forester.

Domestic
Domestic

Hi Karl S, I have never owned a wagon version, have only had the hatch - which though with the seats down does hold alot for its size, would be (in my opinion too small). However we also own a 2011 Forester which has been used twice to sleep in, with two adults works quick well. Also we have found the subaru very reliable and not too expensive to maintain (owned since new 103000kms so far - servicing at the dealer).

Thanks Domestic.

Are there any Corolla wagon owners here that could measure the distance from the back of the front seat (rolled forward) to the back door inside the vehicle? As long as there's at least 1.8m it would be long enough for impromptu car camping. Even if the seats don't fold down completely flat it should be OK as I'll build a fold out sleeping platform to go over it and provide a stable, level surface and storage underneath.

We've currently got a Delica van which is set up as a camper and it is massive, so it's hard to gauge these smaller cars if they'll have enough space or not. I'm also looking at the Outback wagons as they're a bit longer than the Forester.

Karl S

To answer my own question: Yes the Corolla wagon Is large enough to sleep in the back BUT only if you build a camper system (flash floor) which folds out full length and tilt the front seats forwards. It took a bit of trial and error but I now have it sorted and it works very well and very comfortable! I posted the link in my review but I won't again because I don't want to be flagged for spamming.. essentially if you google Corolla wagon camper conversion you will find my post and website with all the info. All the best!

sbjan

sbjanasked

Hi guys , I am planning to buy '2005 Toyota Corolla Levin ZZE122R' this is the first time i am buying a car after saving money for two years now so i need some suggestions. I am a student and I really need a car that i dont spent alot of money on maintenance. This car is 86000km driven and the owner is asking for 7,750. Thanks

brian

Not sure though that does sound steep for a car thats roughly about 10 years old / try to haggle them down to about 4 to 5 grand / me personally I wouldn't pay that much for any regular make that old with that many kilometres travelled unless it was a high end car such a Volvo, BMW. Volkswagen or a Mercedes Benz

brian

As long it's a safe car to drive that is the main thing so if they won't budge on the price don't worry about it too much / what you could do try taking a mechanic with you and also to take the car for a test drive

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

CategoryCars and Sedans
Starting Price $22,340
TransmissionAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrol