Toyota Corolla E120

Toyota Corolla E120 (2004-2007) Questions & Answers

5 questions from our users

Raj

Rajasked

I am planning to buy a Toyota 2006 Corolla Conquest Model (ran 100k) for 6300. Can you please let me know whether i would have to change the timing belt soon after a few kms run?

Tom Brown
Tom Brown

I believe you have timing chain not a belt on that model. If its well maintained it should last the life of the car.

Karl Sasked

Hi all!
Can anyone advise if a 2004 Corolla wagon (ZZE122R) is long enough to sleep in the back with the rear seats folded down (assuming the seats fold down flat)?

I'm on the hunt for a fuel efficient, inexpensive vehicle (to own and maintain) that can double as a town runabout and also as a surf trip wagon where we can sleep in the back on odd occasions as needed (surfboards on the roof obviously).

I've also asked about the i30 wagon and have been told they are too short to be used for this purpose. My next option is something a bit larger and more expensive to own/run like the Subaru Forester.

Domestic
Domestic

Hi Karl S, I have never owned a wagon version, have only had the hatch - which though with the seats down does hold alot for its size, would be (in my opinion too small). However we also own a 2011 Forester which has been used twice to sleep in, with two adults works quick well. Also we have found the subaru very reliable and not too expensive to maintain (owned since new 103000kms so far - servicing at the dealer).

Thanks Domestic.

Are there any Corolla wagon owners here that could measure the distance from the back of the front seat (rolled forward) to the back door inside the vehicle? As long as there's at least 1.8m it would be long enough for impromptu car camping. Even if the seats don't fold down completely flat it should be OK as I'll build a fold out sleeping platform to go over it and provide a stable, level surface and storage underneath.

We've currently got a Delica van which is set up as a camper and it is massive, so it's hard to gauge these smaller cars if they'll have enough space or not. I'm also looking at the Outback wagons as they're a bit longer than the Forester.

Karl S

To answer my own question: Yes the Corolla wagon Is large enough to sleep in the back BUT only if you build a camper system (flash floor) which folds out full length and tilt the front seats forwards. It took a bit of trial and error but I now have it sorted and it works very well and very comfortable! I posted the link in my review but I won't again because I don't want to be flagged for spamming.. essentially if you google Corolla wagon camper conversion you will find my post and website with all the info. All the best!

sbjan

sbjanasked

Hi guys , I am planning to buy '2005 Toyota Corolla Levin ZZE122R' this is the first time i am buying a car after saving money for two years now so i need some suggestions. I am a student and I really need a car that i dont spent alot of money on maintenance. This car is 86000km driven and the owner is asking for 7,750. Thanks

brian

Not sure though that does sound steep for a car thats roughly about 10 years old / try to haggle them down to about 4 to 5 grand / me personally I wouldn't pay that much for any regular make that old with that many kilometres travelled unless it was a high end car such a Volvo, BMW. Volkswagen or a Mercedes Benz

brian

As long it's a safe car to drive that is the main thing so if they won't budge on the price don't worry about it too much / what you could do try taking a mechanic with you and also to take the car for a test drive

JT

JTasked

What is the gas mileage of the Toyota Corrolla Accent Wagon? Thanks!

John Pryer

Hi! The Corolla does about 5.5L/100km on the run and about 8.0L/100km in the city: not too bad for an automatic. You might have to convert that to MPG.
And it's still going great, just done several trips interstate (Australia) clocking up 3500K without a hiccup. THX for your Q.
J

Karl S

About 6L/100km on the highway and 7.5L/100KM around town.

kevin

kevinasked

How often does timing belt need replacing? l have 2004 ZZE122R Ascent that has 155000ks .

nfaruqi
nfaruqi

I have owned my corolla since 2006 and have been serviced by toyota and they haven't changed the timing belt yet. I have done 180,000kms. I think until there is any issue with your timing belt it does not need replacement. Just double check with your mechanic.

John Pryer

We replaced the timing belt at 100,000k during a major service. You might need to find out from your car's service history if this was done or not.
See the Toyota website or see link here: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2039727 for further info.
Cheers.

Yuri
Yuri

The ZZE122R does not have a timing belt. It has a timing chain which does not require replacement.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Other Sedans