Toyota Corolla E120

Toyota Corolla E120 (2004-2007) (page 2 of 3)

• Acceleration / Power
  • Features
  • Comfort

Tessie

Tessie

Best most reliable little car around!

Such a reliable car I have had this car for close to 7 years and it has never missed a beat!
Cheap on petrol, great to drive, cheap to service. Even though it's compact and easy to park, there is great boot and back seat space, it's amazing what it can fit in!

BodyHatch
BadgeAscent
TransmissionAutomatic

John

JohnSydney

Great Car, never had a problem, 200,000K and still going strong!

I cannot fault my Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport 2006 (sed), which I have clocked up over 250,000k's on. Never had a problem with it, even though I admit I have been slack on its service!

I own a manual, and its acceleration and control is outstanding. It is a 1.8L engine, and to fill it up, is costs about $50, and that lasts 2.5 weeks on average, turn cycle awsome and parking a breeze. Also, back seats can fold down for that extra storage which I have never needed. It has never missed a beat, a fantasitc, economical, reliable vehicle, Toyota all the way!

BodySedan
BadgeAscent Sport
TransmissionManual
Engine Size1.8L
Kdawggy

Kdawggy

Hmm ok little car

Bought one had it for 3 months but not much rear leg room and not as practical as my old pulsar I had before. It gets good Gas mileage but I couldn't stand the handling. It rolled all over the place and made me feel like It was going to tip over going around corners. On the plus side visibility and ease of parking is very good.

BodyHatch
BadgeAllex
TransmissionAutomatic
pixguy

pixguy

Please put your year and model folks.

How the hell are people meant to decipher between a 7 year product range and models. Please please put year and model Much appreciated. Just want to say thankyou to the people posting because it does help when doing research for buying a new car. Year, model etc.. would be great. thx.

nfaruqi

nfaruqi

Go for a Corolla with Confidence

Engine SizeZZE112R

ScottyP

ScottyPNSW, 2256

Superb little runabout that will keep your $$ in your pocket and a smile on your face

x8x88
x8x88

Thank you so much for the information you provided, Cheers :)

swiggins

swigginsAU

Great family car

We love our Corolla wagon, just a pity they aren't manafacturing them anymore. It is super reliable and economical. The main selling point for us was the wagon, as we wanted a small car that could carry lots of kids gear. We have put roof racks and a tow ball on it, and it can now carry anything. We have even moved a 6 seater dining table in the back with the seats down. It is just a great reliable fall car.
The wagon, the flexibility to. Array so much get in a car with a small engine.
Pretty basic, but then doesn't matter if the kids dirty it up a bit.

Engine Size1800

John Pryer

John PryerADELAIDE

Best car I've ever owned

I've shelled out on new and used GM Holden/Vauxhall's, Ford, Chrysler, Leyland, Volvo 440 GLS and even a Peugeot diesel. Parts and servicing, tyres, brakes, exhausts, cooling systems, suspension, breakdown and fuel costs for them must have cost me a house over the years. In 2002, a friend suggested I try a Toyota Corolla hatchback Auto. Its on-the-road cost was attractive.

I've never looked back; its build quality, handling, reliability and fuel economy have been excellent. In fact, the only thing to go wrong in 10 years and over 100,000 kms on the road has been a flat battery! It's never missed a beat!

Wishlist: that Toyota made diesel models.
Inexpensive to buy, reliable and economic to run
A diesel model would've iced the cake.

GBarre

GBarreAU

One of the best!

Engine Size1.8
Tejash

TejashPerth, Western Australia

what a car to be...

I have purchased this car back in 2010...it is 6 years old when I bought it...since then not a little problem....just change the oil and do regular service that's all she needs...just unbelievable...& incredible....the most reliable car I have ever owned.. Super comfortable...super fuel efficient...super reliable... better than any holdens,fords and other expensive western world cars...
Reliabilty, efficiency, cost effective...overall package as a car..
power windows.. & cruise control... i miss them dearly..

Engine Sizecvt
Transmissionauto

Hoppy

Hoppy

Good

This Corolla is one out of the box Fantastic styling both inside and out, sporty, fuel efficient with plenty of power. Great car for families of 4 with many added safety features. We now own 5 Toyotas having owned many other Brands... Toyota's in my opinion are the best cost effective cars made in the world today>
Fantastic sporty car, with excellent response in all situations. Fuel efficient, with heaps of safety features. Handles like a dream in all conditions and retains it's resale value. Kills competitive cars for value for money.
Haggle on price... They are worth every cent but like all things price is negotiable

little_erin86

little_erin86

Good

I recently purchased a 2002 corolla used. I'm still amazed everytime I buy petrol and find that I can usually fill up for under $50, despite high petrol prices. I'm yet to need any repairs on it, but I have only had it for a few months.
It looks good, and the cruise control is great.It has very good fuel economy. Despite the fairly small size of the car I can still manage to fit a lot in it. Comfortable. Efficient heating and air con.
Pale interior, which looks ok, but isn't that practical when it comes to keeping the car clean.

burginator

burginator

Over priced, get a levin. Tacky. Sportivo's have targets on it for Cops. Bit ugly in the flesh. Don't waste your money. Clutch life isn't great. Alternator cost $750 fitted. If you want a little sports hatch, get a Golf GTI or a good focus.
I owned a sportivo. Sounds good . Safe.
Bad fuel consumption, got 11.5 on average with the lotus engine that came stock in the sportivo. Annoying grabby clutch, bad for slow moving traffic. Hard to get a good driving position. Bodykit always scrapped. Expensive services, high grade oil is needed. Goes through air filters like nothing else ($25 every 2 months). Tacky interior.

raywst

raywst

Great Small Car

I had this car for almost 5 years with trouble free.
This great little car have been performing beyond expectation.
I found the 1.8l engine is adequate and fuel consumption wise is economical.
The size is good for city driving, yet capable for long distance driving.
However, I was told tyres could worn out unevenly.
Fuel Efficiency,
Boring Interior

GoGoGoanna

GoGoGoanna

drshayne78

drshayne78

Can't really fault Toyota, they've made a great little car with plenty of power and all round usefulness
Great size, easy to park, very reliable, economical. We bought the hatchback secondhand and its been great. Can fit all sorts of things in the back and we had a tow bar attached and we can tow a trailer!
Its styling is a bit bland and just about everyone has one

VickiDunn

VickiDunn

The Corolla is very economical on petrol, parts are cheap and it is quite powerful for the size. I would recommend it to any buyer.
I bought a hatchback on the reputation of reliability and so far have not been disappointed. Went down from a 6 cylinder Commodore as the kids are now driving themselves around. My petrol bill has reduced by about 60%. It is very economical and I have had no problems so far.Dont miss the power of the Commodore at all, it has pretty good power for a 4 cylinder. Love the hatch back for shopping and large items.
I am short in height and would have liked the seat to adjust upwards not just back and forth.

BAS19

BAS19Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

lil_lazza

lil_lazza

Good

if they are regulary serviced and looked after you will rarely have a problem at all with them. my mother has had her corolla for 2yrs and never had a problem.
great power for only a 1.8L. Fantastic fuel economy. good air conditoner works really well only on the lowest fan setting, great safety features. Corollas just keep going and going. boot is at a good height where you dont have to bend to get anything out, at a good height. Central locking yet still a manual key. the cd player works well, easy to use
would like cruise control, more comfortable seats. more cup holders/

Raj

Rajasked

I am planning to buy a Toyota 2006 Corolla Conquest Model (ran 100k) for 6300. Can you please let me know whether i would have to change the timing belt soon after a few kms run?

Tom Brown
Tom Brown

I believe you have timing chain not a belt on that model. If its well maintained it should last the life of the car.

Karl Sasked

Hi all!
Can anyone advise if a 2004 Corolla wagon (ZZE122R) is long enough to sleep in the back with the rear seats folded down (assuming the seats fold down flat)?

I'm on the hunt for a fuel efficient, inexpensive vehicle (to own and maintain) that can double as a town runabout and also as a surf trip wagon where we can sleep in the back on odd occasions as needed (surfboards on the roof obviously).

I've also asked about the i30 wagon and have been told they are too short to be used for this purpose. My next option is something a bit larger and more expensive to own/run like the Subaru Forester.

Domestic
Domestic

Hi Karl S, I have never owned a wagon version, have only had the hatch - which though with the seats down does hold alot for its size, would be (in my opinion too small). However we also own a 2011 Forester which has been used twice to sleep in, with two adults works quick well. Also we have found the subaru very reliable and not too expensive to maintain (owned since new 103000kms so far - servicing at the dealer).

Thanks Domestic.

Are there any Corolla wagon owners here that could measure the distance from the back of the front seat (rolled forward) to the back door inside the vehicle? As long as there's at least 1.8m it would be long enough for impromptu car camping. Even if the seats don't fold down completely flat it should be OK as I'll build a fold out sleeping platform to go over it and provide a stable, level surface and storage underneath.

We've currently got a Delica van which is set up as a camper and it is massive, so it's hard to gauge these smaller cars if they'll have enough space or not. I'm also looking at the Outback wagons as they're a bit longer than the Forester.

Karl S

To answer my own question: Yes the Corolla wagon Is large enough to sleep in the back BUT only if you build a camper system (flash floor) which folds out full length and tilt the front seats forwards. It took a bit of trial and error but I now have it sorted and it works very well and very comfortable! I posted the link in my review but I won't again because I don't want to be flagged for spamming.. essentially if you google Corolla wagon camper conversion you will find my post and website with all the info. All the best!

sbjan

sbjanasked

Hi guys , I am planning to buy '2005 Toyota Corolla Levin ZZE122R' this is the first time i am buying a car after saving money for two years now so i need some suggestions. I am a student and I really need a car that i dont spent alot of money on maintenance. This car is 86000km driven and the owner is asking for 7,750. Thanks

brian

Not sure though that does sound steep for a car thats roughly about 10 years old / try to haggle them down to about 4 to 5 grand / me personally I wouldn't pay that much for any regular make that old with that many kilometres travelled unless it was a high end car such a Volvo, BMW. Volkswagen or a Mercedes Benz

brian

As long it's a safe car to drive that is the main thing so if they won't budge on the price don't worry about it too much / what you could do try taking a mechanic with you and also to take the car for a test drive

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Other Sedans