Toyota Corolla E150

Toyota Corolla E150 (2007-2012) Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

Jitender S

Jitender Sasked

Hey there, I am looking to buy Toyota's Corolla hatchback 2007 can anyone tell maintenance cost , performance ,reliability and everything you know about the car?

Car is excellent with all things but if go with 2010 model would be gud

Krishna Pasked

I recently bot Corella ascent 2010 2zre15r my10 4sp auto.

How much tank fuel capacity?

It runs around 550km full tank... Is it bad?

While on desk figure shows 7.1/100km

I guess it doesn't show perfect fuel consumption.

Sam
Sam

According to factory specifics it holds 55L of fuel. My partner has this same model ZRE152R, it averages out 10L/100km which consumes alot more petrol than the newer corollas. Even after major service, fuel filter replacement, aftermarket fuel saver additives it still consumes alot more petrol.

Karl S

Karl Sasked

Fan blows warm air even with temp setting on cold (Ac off and outside intake on).. not sure if this is normal or not? My previous car's fan blew quite cool air from outside. Even driving in the hills with 15 degrees air outside it gets stifling inside with only the fan on, meaning I have to either open the windows or turn on the AC. Possible something is blocked, or is this just because of where it's pulling in the air from the engine bay..?

Annette
Annette

Hi Karl, this isn't the case with me.Naturally on a warm day it will only blow warm air but when cooler it's cold air and very comfortable.
It doesn't right to me that your still getting warm air on a cool day, I'd get this checked out.

dananjaya70
dananjaya70

This not normal.Should be engine heat coming thorough.

techguy
techguy

I've noticed this same thing; haven't identified the cause, nor been too concerned about it aside from a few months we went without A/C due to a failed compressor - unrelated. Haven't verified it, but seems to me as though the heat is probably coming froa/m the heater core; as though the heat/cool valve doesn't entirely close off the flow of hot water from the engine to the heater core. Doesn't bother me beyond curiosity, as the A/C still blows nice and cold.

Moshasked

I am planning to buy a Toyota Corolla Seca Ascent 2008 with 131000 Kms. Is this 131,000 Kms too high for this car? Does this model come with a Timing Belt or a Timing Chain?

Dapto Dawg
Dapto Dawg

The 1.8 in a Corolla of this year is a timing chain. A very easy to maintain engine, and from what I hear very durable, like most Toyota engines. I would say 131,000km should be fine - I have seen Corollas with 4-500,000km on them running perfectly with no smoke or any problems at all. Like any car though, I would check that it has been looked after, ideally with all logbook services done and stamped in the book (doesn't have to be a dealer - the independents are just as good). Check it blows no blue smoke when you rev the engine - this would mean it has bad rings and is burning oil (black smoke would be an injector or fuel delivery problem). Check the fluid levels and that the antifreeze contains antifreeze (green or pink) and not just water. Check that the antifreeze overflow tank doesn't have a lot of lumpy brown or copper residue - this would mean there used to be a leak and someone put in stop leak. Uncap the oil filler and look in with a torch - any orange or brown varnish is bad and means the oil went over-long without changing. Sounds silly but look for anything that looks like it was done by someone other than Toyota and question it from the seller - half of the aftermarket things people put on do more harm than good. If in doubt ask to take it to an independent mechanic at your expense - any seller that refuses this is hiding something. Corollas are great cars but you will always do better getting one that has been babied over one that hasn't. Hope this helps.

Mosh

Thanks a lot for such an informative response

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Other Sedans