Toyota Corolla E180/E170 (2012-2018)

Toyota Corolla E180/E170 (2012-2018)

Reliable car with great fuel efficiency.

I have a Corolla 2015 CVT hatchback model and it's been my main mode of transport to and from university for the past 4 years. It's mainly been used for urban driving and I've put just over 60,000km on it with no issues whatsoever so far! Fuel economy is great with me averaging 6.5L/100km in city driving.

The infotainment system is starting to look a bit out-dated, however, because it has the software of what phones had from 10 - 15 years ago with a very simple plain layout. The touchscreen is nice, however, but sometimes physical buttons would've been preferred for things like volume and switching channels/playlists.

With regular 6 monthly servicings done by my mechanic this car hasn't failed me yet. Would highly recommend a Corolla if you're looking for a small-medium car that will get you from A to B.

Purchased in December 2015 at Westside Auto Wholesale for $15,999.00.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
BoughtUsed

great reliable car

After replacing my VW Polo and getting into this car how happy am I , have done about 76000 kms and has not lei me down , travel to Brisbane every day from the Gold Coast,car is serviced by Toyota when due at a fixed price ,great service

Purchased in September 2016 for $23,500.00.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
BoughtNew
Gear Shifting

Like it!

I had one car and needed another one. The first car was Toyota Camry and bought a Toyota Corolla as my 2nd car. It’s been very economical to drive and maintain.

Purchased in June 2016.

BoughtNew

Disappointing on finer points

I bought this car looking for something smaller than my mitsubishi lancer. Bought it @ 16,000 kms for what was a good deal. I thought it would be on par in size in the back seat area with the Hyundai i30 that my son owns, but am sadly disappointed.
What makes me even more frustrated is that the computer screen cannot be seen on a sunny day even after adjusting screen brightness., and the computer is difficult to navigate. There are no computer shades available to buy, so will be getting rid of this car, as the computer screen is useless. Also the yard (South Melbourne Toyota) we bought it from told us we could get it serviced at a reciprocal dealership close to our home as we are out at Frankston, so we paid extra warranty etc only to be told they won't honour it as it is meant to be serviced by them. In fairness they have changed ownership so was told we could service it through the local Hyundai for fixed price service, but it wasn't written in the paperwork. I would never think to check that as I thought Toyota is everywhere and a big dealer, so no reason to doubt their word. Learnt a big lesson.

Purchased in December 2016 for $17,999.00.

TransmissionManual
BoughtUsed
Gear Shifting

Toyota is awesome

I went to chatswood toyota, awesome service and lovely people who helped me purchase a me a new car. Happy with the purchase and the team at Toyota. I was able to get extras and 1% finance was also good too.
I am able to service it down the road from me at rockdale Toyota love that about Toyota.

BadgeZR
Date PurchasedAug 2017

Favourite so far!!

Purchased it 6 months ago and it already become the family’s favourite. Mostly use it for family goings and everyone in the family live it. No any issues find in the car so far and love it. I got serviced it for 2 times and got the insurance from Toyota too

Date PurchasedJul 2018

I now love driving!

I’m a photographer so I need a reliable car to drive around to photoshoots and weddings and my old car was constantly breaking down and causing a lot of stress. I upgraded to the Toyota Corolla as I have heard from everyone how reliable they are which is exactly what I needed! This car drives so smoothly and I feel so much safer on the road. I love having all of the newer features that my old car didn’t have such as the large touch screen and Bluetooth. There is so much storage in the car to put my things while I’m driving. The only feature missing is the build in gps - apparently you had to pay an extra few thousand to get that which I think is a bit rediculous. I think I would feel so much safer having the gps on the large screen than looking at my phone.

Engine Size0
Date PurchasedSep 2018

Best car I’ve ever driven.

Was sceptical at first because I had my heart set on another car. After reading so many bad reviews I decided to look at Toyota instead. Dom from Toyota Melville helped me find a car that would suit me perfectly.

He found a car within my budget and let me test drive it. Unlike other car dealerships I didn’t feel pressured into buying it then and there. He offered me a great deal and great inclusions. I went home to think about it but by the time I got home my mind was made up.

Would never buy another brand car again and would highly recommend this car. It’s not a huge car but offers so much legroom and boot space like a bigger make car would. Reliable and capped price servicing.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

One of my best purchase

Bought new toyota corolla hybrid zr and believe me its one of the best small car in market. Thanks toyota for your wonderful finish. Only thing missing is sunroof. Interior is too good. I really love my purchase as its hybrid millage is too good. Wireless charging. Leather seats what else can you expect..

BadgeZR
Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great, solid car.

I traded in my old 2005 Corolla (which I had no issues with) for a newer model. I opted for the Hybrid, which was an excellent decision. We have definitely saved on fuel consumption which is a key factor these days. The car is reliable, problem free and has great build quality. The interior is comfortable, with a great user interface for sat nav, audio etc. Excellent car for daily commuting.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Plastic fantastic

2016 Corrolla is a nice looking car on tje outside however its seats are very uncomfortable unless you are an adult that is not more than 70kgs with a smaller frame.

For the price that you pay it is lacking in technology which is very sad to see especially when the competitors are the likes of hyundai, mazda etc...

If the price was around 5k cheaper then the shortcuts and cheap plastic that toyota took would have been to tolerable but fir a 24k starting price with on road costs it isnt.

Hope the 2019 new generation will outdo this one

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

competition is getting tougher and needs improvement

Brought a corolla to replace my Mazda 3 (as it has been written off during car accident).
After driving it for two years, I am now regret my decision. compares with the Mazda 3, it just feels cheaper in terms of the material used.
Mazda is just a little bit more powerful and it comes with better design and quality and as reliable as Toyota
the only advantage that I could think of is, it is cheaper to service with Toyota Dealer.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Corolla fan

I'm a corolla fan. I bought my first one back in 2012 then I upgraded in 2015. This car is very economical and I barely have any issue with it. The petrol is affordable and the service too. I will recommend this car to anyone I know as this. I cant wait to upgrade to a brand new model

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Great car

Bought this car around 14 months ago. My partner couldn't be happier.
They have updated the sound system since 2015 model which is much improved.
My only complaint is that Bluetooth phone & sound system controls are all on the left side which is so irritating. Whereas the 2015 model has them on separate sides so you really didn't have to think about hitting the wrong control. Come on Toyota please fix this with the next generation.... :)
Great fuel economy.
Disappointed that they discontinued the Positano Bronze for this year model....
My only complaint is that it isn't as responsive in pick up as my 2015 model but my partner loves it all the same.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Very reliable easy to drive.

I purchased Toyota corolla Ascent sport white perl colour in Mar 2017. I love this car!!!!!No mechanical issues at all and i enjoy driving every day.
I drive 40km to get to work but its very comfortable and I dont get back sore like my old car. ( i used to drive holden)I am 100% satisfied with the car, but the only thing i want to mention is..a touch screen is very slow and i get frustrated sometimes. Otherwise no issues. This car is the best i have ever own.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Good value for money

I am driving Toyota Corolla 2016 Hatchback. I drive everyday to work daily. The car runs smoothly and I hardly have any issue mechanically. It is fantastic to drive, much better than Nissan or Huyndai. Very fuel efficient. The hatch back version is also easy to park in shopping centre.

It is also cheap to service the car. I service every 5000km. I just buy oil and air filter and it cost me less than 100 to do it myself.

It is extremely good value for money and I would not buy another brand.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Toyota is the best car for value

I use this car daily for work and carry light weight products around town. It is easy to drive and very comfy and spacious inside. It is also very economical and no problem with it so far. Toyata also provide excellent back up service and support. More than just happy having this car with the value and quality I received.

BadgeEdge
Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great car for the price

The car drives great on both city and highway roads. The car handles well and has enough grunt to get you around with ease.
The in car sound system and bluetooth works well for me, first time every time.

Cons: No android auto, in car road noise is quite loud, I often think my window is accidentally open

Engine Size1.6
Date PurchasedApr 2018

I love my new car

Recently we chose to purchase the Toyota Corolla 2015 A’s our family car. There is ample space both inside the car and inside the boot. We love that it drives so smoothly, parts are affordable if required and it’s a good, reliable car. The accessories are modern and look stylish.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Love this car

After reading a review in the Open Road I knew that this is the car I want. I went for a test drive and the sales person did not have to make any effort. I purchase the a wildfire red vehicle last year. The car is running smoothly, you can hardly hear the engine running. It is very fuel efficient and changes itself from electric to fuel. By running the car, the battery charges, so not plug-ins.

BadgeCSi