Toyota Corolla ZRE182R Ascent

Toyota Corolla ZRE182R Ascent (2012-2018)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Teegan

TeeganEarlwood

I now love driving!

Engine Size0
Date PurchasedSep 2018

Moni

MoniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great, solid car.

I traded in my old 2005 Corolla (which I had no issues with) for a newer model. I opted for the Hybrid, which was an excellent decision. We have definitely saved on fuel consumption which is a key factor these days. The car is reliable, problem free and has great build quality. The interior is comfortable, with a great user interface for sat nav, audio etc. Excellent car for daily commuting.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
JC1978

JC1978BENTLEIGH EAST

competition is getting tougher and needs improvement

Brought a corolla to replace my Mazda 3 (as it has been written off during car accident).
After driving it for two years, I am now regret my decision. compares with the Mazda 3, it just feels cheaper in terms of the material used.
Mazda is just a little bit more powerful and it comes with better design and quality and as reliable as Toyota
the only advantage that I could think of is, it is cheaper to service with Toyota Dealer.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Tim

TimPerth

Corolla fan

I'm a corolla fan. I bought my first one back in 2012 then I upgraded in 2015. This car is very economical and I barely have any issue with it. The petrol is affordable and the service too. I will recommend this car to anyone I know as this. I cant wait to upgrade to a brand new model

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Edward

EdwardSydney

Great car for the price

The car drives great on both city and highway roads. The car handles well and has enough grunt to get you around with ease.
The in car sound system and bluetooth works well for me, first time every time.

Cons: No android auto, in car road noise is quite loud, I often think my window is accidentally open

Engine Size1.6
Date PurchasedApr 2018

Raneen

Raneen

I love my new car

I just got my license and I needed a car to go work with I always liked the small cars so I bought toyota corolla 2016 and i love it so much it’s cute and small and very easy to drive I just love my car ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Thank you love

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Fairy

FairyNSW

Perfect small family car

The looks, performance and anything for that matter of this car cannot be faulted. It is a perfect small family car. Good mileage, minimum maintenance, running costs. Beautiful interior as well. Very compact. If you are looking for a classy yet sport car with excellent performance and resale value, this is the one. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Angela

AngelaMelbourne

Still love my car

So nice to drive. Smooth, good stearing, breaking. Has a bit of kick when needed, (sport mode rarely used. manual gears never used, only unintentionally selected when knocked/pushed by handbag. Really economical. Quiet, sometimes can't hear if engine is on. Decent speakers. Very spacious for a small/medium car (I'm tall and don't fit comfortably in most "girls" or little cars. Good visibility from driving position. Hatchback has heaps of room (would be better if seats folded down completely flat though). Automatic headlight shutoff. Biannual servicing is unnecessary, but capped price with excellent service and amenities while waiting. Had a crash (no insurance) and found several of the genuine, new Toyota replacement parts very expensive.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Bernice

Bernicesydney

Not as good as they used to be. This newer model was not as good as the older model which I still o

The front spoiler is ridiculously low and is always scraping the cost of the screws is ridiculous from Toyota and they fall out regularly. We did finish up removing this.. It is very slow on the uptake. Cannot fault it for reliability and very low running costs. Love the interior and finish inside of the car and the exterior is strong and durable

Date PurchasedNov 2011
Damo

DamoBrisbane

Excellent fuel efficiency and very reliable

Been driving a corolla for a few months now and have to say, I really enjoy not paying an arm and a leg for fuel. With fuel prices rising, it's good to know that I have a car that does around 8L/100km (even with the way I drive). The ride is a bit rough and it's not the fastest car in the world. But it gets me from A to B and with plenty of fuel to spare

Date PurchasedNov 2017

darren

darren

Perfect for a first car owner

Use this car along with my sister for uni and it is great. Very quiet car with ergonomic interior and seems very safe. It can probably run on a full tank for a week during average work conditions and its handling and performance is all great. It is very reliable and hasn't broke down on me once. Would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Christina H

Christina HENDEAVOUR HILLS

First car, best car

It is honestly a dream to drive. I recently got my licence and I love everything about it. It is a very easy and smooth drive, with barely any noise. I adore all the features as well. I only need to fill up once a fortnight, so it's super fuel efficient!

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Ppok1989

Ppok1989Sydney

Great car for beginner

Bought the car for my daughter as a present for passion driving test. Given it is her first her we didn’t want to buy anything expensive so bought her a second hand 2014 Corolla accent. She loves it ! Great mileage and easy to drive. Only drawback is how boring and common it is but definitely good choice for beginner.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Eddie

EddieMelbourne

Reliable as ever

Upgraded from 2008 Yaris. It chews more gas but that is to be expected from a bigger car. Pretty gas efficient though. Has the reliable Toyota build I like tinny Daihatsu etc. I’ve being driving Toyota’s for years and keep buying them for reliability and as I fit in them well being tall. Familiar layouts for me too

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedSep 2017
Nat W

Nat W

Excellent small car

This is my first car that I have purchased and I love it.

In terms of my driving experience - I cannot fault this car. It's a smooth and easy drive and I feel safe as it's not too fast.

I like the interior - especially the screen and reverse camera. Would have loved if it had in built GPS!
There's plenty of leg room (however I am a small person).

Running costs is low in terms of petrol and with my car I received 3 years of discounted capped servicing.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Brian

BrianWellington

Perfect for what its designed for. Mainly city with occasional long trips.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Abi

AbiMelbourne

Nice compact first car

Nice first car while you work towards your dream car. Performance and handling is good, can definitely feel the weather inside the car though if its windy etc, car sways. Decent leg room and dashroom and ample space in boot. Very spacious for its size. Haven't had issues with this car as of yet.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

J.B.

J.B.Brisbane

A car for life

I've owned all sorts of cars - usually expensive German models with fabulous badges but since I moved to Australia I decided I was fed up of paying through the nose for fuel and opted for a Corolla Ascent. I can honestly say I will probably never drive an Audi again. Fantastic car, nice amount of power and costs next to nothing to insure, fix or run.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Sam

Sam

Cant go wrong

The toyota corolla is a simple classic. After owning many earlier models, I could not resist buying a new model which is very stylish and modern. For a 1.8L engine it roughly gives me about 550kms and about roughly 7L per 100km which makes it a great zippy car. The new facelift model comes with reverse cam and a touch screen interface for the base model which is what I purchased. Overall, love the car as it is a no brainer not get one. The only downside to this car is the roadnoise in the vehicle.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Paul

PaulMelbourne

Nice design. Beautiful car

It is small car well designed. The internal space is huge. I feel so comfortable sitting inside. The car is light and so easy to drive. One of the best cars I have driven. The car is low on fuel consumption you can drive forever without refulling. One of the best design in human history

Date PurchasedFeb 2017