Toyota Corolla

Toyota Corolla Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

E180 Hatch, E170 Sedan, E210 Sedan, E210 Hatch

34 questions from our users

Dan

Danasked

Hi! What is the biggest size surfboard you can fit in the back of the 2013 hatchback corolla with the back seats folded down?
Dan

Annette

In my car laying flat 160 and angled on edge you can get it on the armrest between the seats and possibly get 230. Hope this is of some help.

Marc R
Marc R

If you purchased the wagon form, (discontinued 2006), and fold down the rear seats, the maximum space should be achieved.

Andrew. Jasked

on cold start up on my 2013 Corolla sport hatch sluggish for a few seconds and then does the usual high revs, any answers? Andrew.

Aussiebob

My Corolla Sports Hatch does not show the symptoms you have described. Always starts with moderate revs even on cold mornings then settles down as it should with no problems. Perhaps a mention about the way it starts for you to your dealer or mechanic as it may need a computer adjustment and best to get these things done while the car is still under capped service warranty.

Andrew. J

Thank you Aussiebob for your reply,Will mention the problem at the next service. Is the front end noisey in your corolla,the right side of mine sounds loose,mentioned it to the workshop manager his reply was his wife's corolla has the same noise.A new car should not a noisey front end.So much for Toyota being Tuff.

Gerardo Trejo
Gerardo Trejo

Same issues described here, I too have a Corolla Ascent Sport 2014. Lately on cold starts it is too sluggish and the rattling on the dashboard (driver side )is driving mad ( low and high speeds still rattles). Dealership mechanics have only sprayed some scilicone on the air vents to stope this from happening but i do not think the air vent is the culprit. this rattling is more noticeable when the ac cools the inside parts.

Toma

Tomaasked

Market value for toyota corolla hatch back2009?

gman13133
gman13133

Which model and how many km's?

Anoop
Anoop

Model 2009. Km 56000

Annetteasked

I'm trying to change my email address on my review but it won't change it. My email is Agillett@y7mail.com not agillety@y7mail .com.

Anna K
Anna K

Hi Annette,

We have amended your email address.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

norm

normasked

Does the 2010 corolla a sent Australian have traction control & stability control?

brian

Not sure though you could try contacting Toyota Australia or try to type the question into google search engine Australia on the internet

Tim W
Tim W

All Corolla hatches built from December 2009, have side airbags, traction control and electronic stability control (ESC).
The traction control and electronic stability control can be turned off by a switch on the dash.

March 2010 saw the sedan get traction control and electronic stability (ESC) as standard.

garyf

garyfasked

I have 2 2008 corollas. one uses 8.8L/100 km and the other 6.8. with similar driving. both autos.no service centre i have been to have been any help?

Mike
Mike

There are lots of factors that impact fuel use. Check tyre pressures, try a few tanks of 98 octane fuel to help clean the fuel system. Look at what you are carrying. Does one car have more stuff in it?

Pacemaker
Pacemaker

Mike is right. To many factors to take in. I've found that driving habits can contribute greatly, acceleration, braking, traffic & passengers. A distant of city driving is certainly not equal to the same distance on the open road. Also other factors, such as maintenance items like air filter, spark plugs & as Mike has mentioned tyre pressures. Hills & leaving the car in drive are notorious fuel guzzlers on automatic cars. I know the hand book says other wise about leaving your car in drive, but sitting for extended periods at lights will chew fuel.

Glenn

Glennasked

I have a brand new corolla Hatchback in 2011 and after a year there is a moldy smell whenever I turn on the Air conditioner. We already flushed the air condition system (4 times) and replaced the air filter but after a couple of weeks its back. I already tried opening the vents for days but the smell will still come back. its worst when its hot or I turn the heater. The dealer said that they don't know whats wrong and can't fix it.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

andrew99
andrew99

One possibility is the drain hose is blocked from either kinking,coming loose or getting something in the end.(is there any wet carpet ?)There must be water getting in somewhere (do you park under a tree)as that smell usually happens after not using system for a long time.Try running the system while parked(outside) and after mabe 5 mins you should see the occasional drip of water usually under front passenger area depending on the humidity,this would prove if it's blocked or not.

Dean millerasked

Has anyone experienced the traction control coming on at random times causing the motor to rev without accelerating? This on a new 2013 Corolla Ascent Sport.

Aussiebob

It was recommended by the Toyota Salesperson not to use traction control unless the feature was really needed.
Have not experienced the TC coming on while driving and have not heard of any other issues with the TC.
Hope this helps.

Beveasked

Are all steering wheels 2013 Toyota Corollas flat at the bottom

brian

Not sure though if the car isn't giving any major problems I would not worry about it / if you still want an answer to that question you could try contacting Toyota Australia or try typing the question into google search engine Australia

Jan De Costa

Jan De Costaasked

Does the 2013 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sports have a timing chain or a timing belt? Also people are making comment that the dash has no lighting at night so they can't see the speedo also the window is too small for reversing.are they still problems with the 2013 ascent?

shaper

Sorry I dont know ours was the 2012 model with all of the above problems. The dash is so set into the
dashboard you cant see even during the day.

Dean miller

My 2013 seems to have enough lighting on the dash at night. The rear window is quite small.

Burnt-Twice
Burnt-Twice

Who needs to see out the back window when a reversing camera comes as standard. You get no reversing assistance with a Mazda 3

troy doherty

troy dohertyasked

I have just purchased a 2007 toyota corolla manual hatch & notice when changing up gears the revs increase by aprox 500 rpm when i engage the clutch but ok when going down gears anyone got any ideas??

shaper

As mine was a 2012 automatic model I cant help sorry. Take it to a Toyota dealer and ask them...

worried sheila

worried sheilaasked

How do i know if my car is a MY 11 or MY12 or MY13???? I want to buy a corolla. the dealer assures me that the car was built in Dec 2012 complied jan 2013. Does this mean it is a MY 13 beacuse it was made after Aug 2012? Or can it still have MY11 specifications?

Beve

On the inside of the back door you will find a metal plate this will have the build date and compliance date on it.

brian

Or you could look at the back somewhere under the bonnet

brian

It's called the compliance plate

katy16

katy16asked

Where is Toyota Corolla 2012 model made?

Haribolman
Haribolman

I believe it is still made in Japan.

brian

Yeah I agree with the other answer / I am pretty sure Toyota cars come of factory complexes in Japan somewhere

angman

angmanasked

To all Corolla Ascent Sport Hatch owners (2010 onwards) - My power windows are for the front windows only...manual levers for the back windows. Is this standard??? My Corolla was built 07/2010.

grummpygran
grummpygran

angman. My 2008 has a similar configeration. I was advised at the time of purchase it was to "stop the kids" playing with the windows.
My sister in N Z has a 2009 modle and it has all electric. May be an optional extra. Hope that helps.

Madella P
Madella P

I'd prefer wind ups all round to be honest, i know it sounds a bit old fashioned but i'm sick to death of electrics that fail , not on Corolla, but just any car.

Dean miller

My 2013 has front and rear power windows.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives