24Toyota Corolla

RobBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC21 posts
honest
honestadelaide4 posts

great little car

i love my Toyota corolla, my last one was built in 1976 and it did me vey well. If the new one lasts as long as the last one I will be extremely happy. Drives very well, comfortable, minimal road noise. Cheap to run as only a 4 cylinder car.

SherryW
SherryWBrisbane17 posts
  Corolla E180 Hatch Ascent Sport

A good drive but ruined by poor execution in other areas

The Corolla is a powerful vehicle for its class and the CVT transmission is smooth and seamless. The let down here are the other areas of the car that impacts your driving experience like a rattling dash area that will irritate for hours on end. I have tried getting in serviced 4 times in the 6 months I had the car. Very disappointing. This is not my first Toyota, but it may be my last.

debdenplace
debdenplaceAU33 posts
Aussiebob
AussiebobMittagong N.S.W.3 posts

2015 Corolla Sedan

Traded our late 2012 Corolla Ascent sports hatch on a new 2015 Sedan because we are getting older and what to do more travelling with this sedan,has everything the hatch had except being much bigger allround especially the rear seat area and boot, the sedan is the mid range SX model with different gauges with readouts and upgraded info system

We have had 4 Corollas since our first in 1986, 1999, 2012, and now the 2015 Sedan and never had any major trouble with any as long you do the regular services for me they are just about bullet proof.

Janine
  Corolla E170 Sedan Ascent
Stewie
Stewie2 posts

Second thought

The car does all that I would expect a Corolla to do. This is the second Corolla purchased inside two weeks. I wrote of the first one, a hatch where the speedo was invisible in daylight and unroadworthy. The second a sedan has a much more sensible dash panel and more like a Corolla is expected to be. No matter how well you know the make test drive before taking delivery of your new car.

Johhnread
JohhnreadWellington, NZ
  E170 Sedan

Just perfect simply enjoy your car!

This is my another generation corrolla) The previous one crashed in accident and here I am very alive! This is due my corolla, perfect car for great price. Everything is made for comfort, safe driving and you do never wast your time on hard service, just enjoy it. It would be much better be offered 2.0 2.5 or 3.0 l engine cause lot of people around like sporty cars. I don't mind its acceleration, but guys it could be better

Marymou77
Marymou77

Love this car!

This car is perfect in many ways its realiable,compfortable,luxuruious and beautiul to look at. it drives smoothly. plenty of leg foom for all my tall friends and spacous fits 5 pleaople compfortably. i love the colour which is crystal pearl.the interieor looks like im driving a real expencive car, there is nothing that i dont like about this car. the running cost are low easy to clean. i would reccomend this car to everone in a heart beat.

Michael Khalil
Michael KhalilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC8 posts

So reliable

A very good car. I am very confident driving it. After a thorough comparison with rivals I ve chosen The Corolla and I think will never change to a different maker.

However the interior of the car is too old fasioned and not modern, but still you find all what you want.

Annette
Annette4 posts
Stewie
Stewie2 posts
  Corolla E180 Hatch Levin ZR

A big disappointment

This would be the fifth or sixth Corolla we have had in the family. Over all I like the car but I cannot see the speedometer in the day light. I have been back to the service department and was told there was nothing that could be done to improve the back lighting. This has to be a design fault.

Purchased South Side Toyota South Brisbane 4/12/15

Lancez
Lancezwollongong5 posts

a pure joy to drive

I recently hired the Corolla from hertz for 7 days and drove away with the auto model, the sporty type gear thingo was a treat and made going up my big ol hill a delight

Also great for comfortably throughout including the fold down back seats that leave enough space for a small air bed

Mazza2035
Mazza2035Sydney, NSW18 posts
  Corolla E180 Hatch RZ

Better the more i drive the car

Very very nice car, i also test drove a Mazda 3, which has better interior, though I didn't like the idle stop go technology as I drive in heavy traffic every day. Driving normally the car is fault less, driving like a P plater the CVT gear box can feel like its a slipping clutch under very heavy acceleration. However its just a characteristic of a CVT automatic transmission. Fault less

The highest selling vehicle in the world, is fantastic.

Oz
OzBraddon 2612, ACT48 posts

This hatchback is unsafe - Dangerous Rear Vision, Many Blind Spots

Such a pity that this easy to drive car has such poor rear vision. Is like looking through letterbox slot

Huge blind spots at rear quarters. Camera option handy for reversing only. Very bad rear vision when changing lanes etc.

CVT automatic takes some getting used to, lots of whirring but works ok.

High levels of road noise, mostly tyres. Normal conversation at freeway speeds impossible.

Base model dashboard lights very dim during daytime, difficult to read when wearing sunglasses.

Very comfortable seats.

Very economical.

CincinLismore34 posts
Sprightly Bob
Sprightly Bobsydney2 posts

Rear view issues plus CV

I agree with comments about reversing. I installed reversing sensors to complement the camera which is pretty good but touch inaccurate at the edges. CV transmission troubles me. At low speeds particularly after decelerating and then applying power, feels sloppy/backlash. Mentioned to my dealer at 1000kms but was kissed off. Any readers share my worry in an otherwise nice car to drive?

Show details ·  1

Marcothepolopony
MarcothepoloponyAU14 posts

Economical and roomy

I have shifted from a Swift to a 2014 Corolla Ascent Sport recently and have found the space for luggage much improved.

I loved the Suzuki but it was a manual and I had to get an auto.

I agree with others, the rear view is dreadful, the camera next to useless and the big 'hips' make it simple to damage the car. The stereo is hard to operate and I cannot locate a 'scan' for the radio stations when travelling, so use the Bluetooth.

Otherwise, it's a powerful, spacious and comfortable conveyance. And as it's white I never fear being pulled over for speeding!

gman13133
gman131332 posts
  Corolla E180 Hatch RZ

Oh what a feeling!

Just picked up my 2014 Corolla RZ. Love it! Coming from a 2012 Nissan Dualis, I definitely prefer the Corolla. The interior is solid, the plastic doesn't feel cheap and the seats are really tough. I have a German Shepherd and he seems really comfortable in the back and the seats seem to be a lot more resistant to his nails compared to the Nissan which was cheap cloth and plastics. I never thought much of a Corolla, always thought of it as a rental car but never drove one before. I swear it is so much fun to drive, really zippy, fuel efficient and hugs the road really well.

Would definitely buy another one in a heartbeat.

T.N
T.NAct10 posts
  Corolla E180 Hatch Ascent Sport

A car for some one who just want to go from B to A with some music

Good: it's a Toyota so probably won't go wrong if looked after, IMO looks good, comfy seats, good value for money (if you value build and engineering over toys and electronics), cheap insurance.

Note: drinks more fuel then the competitors, due for a facelift soon (2016 maybe) so keep that in mind, interior is a bit fussy, has to be service twice a year but the 2 service cost is less then competitors P/A and you get fresh oil more often.

Edit: hatch is made in Japan, sadan is made in Thailand, just a FYI

Bad: have steering wheel control but the wheel as a whole look so bad and outdated, the head-unit touch function is slow and useless, poor viability due to thick A B and C pillars.

Sandie
SandieSydney2 posts

Deadly

Ascent 2014 Toyota unsafe NO visibility, don't reverse nor park, hit something where anywhere, blind spots surrounds car. Is there a back window? Pathetic deadly, safer to walk for everybody who attempts this car make model.

Twinkletoes
Harvey WilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD202 posts
Pacemaker
PacemakerAU7 posts

Honest Car

We bought our Corolla auto sport on run out as we expected to get an upgraded model for a bit less.

I had test driven a few cars from other manufacturers with similar pricing/style & many had the newer CVT auto transmission, which I find terribly annoying. The Corolla was right on the money. It does everything it's supposed to with out any fuss. Easy to park once you get used to it's dimensions as you can't see the front because of the slope of the bonnet. It's good with petrol if you take it a bit easier, handles well to. My only niggle is the skirt on the front bumper, it scrapes on our & other driveways. They are a great car.
Easy to drive, frugal with petrol.
Front skirt to low. Their like backsides, it seems everyone has one Show details

spyforce
spyforceSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Love driving my Corolla

Bought a new Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport model in August Japanese build 2013. The quality is extremely good. I like the legroom as I am over 6 feet compared to my Yaris. I also like the footrest whereas my Yaris didn't have one. It is roomy and comfortable especially the front seating. It was the seating which is one of the main reasons I went for the Corolla. I tried many other makes models but it was superior seating of the Corolla. All other accessories as excellent especially the bluetooth and radio.
Good all round vehicle
The clock on the dash should be closer to the driver. Now that I have a hatchback I would rather prefer the sedan. Show details
Toyota lover
Toyota loverSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts
Love to build
Love to buildGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Toyota Corolla Sports - 2013 Great car

I purchased my car in December from Toyota Deer Park. They were really good. The customer service was amazing.

The car is fab! I love it. It is so smooth to drive. Fuel efficient as well.

The only negatives for my car is my sensors that i added are not working, it is making a continuous annoying sound, so I have switched them off until I book in for 1 month service.

My hubbies car (same one purchased 2013 mid year) had a radio fault. The fox station kept cutting out after a few seconds then changing to another station. It was fully replaced though, so all good now.
Smooth, fuel efficient, roomy, easy to drive
Sensors not working, radio needed replacing Show details

Sportygirl