4Toyota HiAce

Toyota HiAce Questions & Answers (page 4)

Julie R
Julie R · HiAce

Hi. Does anyone know if seats for a 2002 hiace will fit in a 1999 model?

disappointed

yes they should because the shape changed in 2005 1989 on to 2005 are all the similar shape

Candice Y.
Candice Y. · HiAce H100.I (1989-1999)

How do I remove the plastic timing belt cover off my engine? Toyota Hiace Commuter 1992.

Trying to replace the water pump but can't remove the plastic cover. Thinking I need to reduce the timing belt tension but cant work that out either.

Best to get a manual

Candice Y.

Turns out pieces were welded on which is why we couldn't get anything to budge. All sorted now.

Gweneth L.
Gweneth L. · HiAce H200.I (2005-2010)

Does a 2008 Toyota HiAce 3ltr turbo diesel have a timing chain or belt ?

disappointed

the motors that i have seen had a belt but not sure of year model

clive. H
clive. H · HiAce H100.I (1989-1999)

1998 non turbo toyota van . engine cranks but does not start

disappointed

hundred and one reasons you need a mechanic,

Mechanics are waiting

Juan Camilo T.
Juan Camilo T. · HiAce

Hi everyone
I want to buy a Toyota van 12 seater but I don't know how much is the cost for insurance, maintenance, and tires...
If you can help me with that would be great, thank you, guys!

disappointed

tires are no more then any other van on road,maintenance depends on how good the van has been looked after and has been serviced regularly also price depends on what motor you have ,petrol or diesel insurance you need to talk to insurance companies

J B.

Look up compare car insurance websites

Gordon L.
Gordon L. · HiAce H200.II (2010-2024)

length of this vehicle

LWB 5.380 SWB 4.840

Chris
Chris · HiAce H200.I (2005-2010)

Does anyone know where I can find the radiator cap in a 2007 imported toyota hiace?

disappointed

check under front bonnet plastic water tank is where you top up water

Luke
Luke · HiAce

Hi. Will car seat covers designed for the 2005 and up hiace model fit in a 1998 hiace. Or are the seat sizes completely different?

sorry no they won,t fit

wont fit

cmsch · HiAce

I have a Toyota Hiace Trakka 1989. Anyone know where the jack points are?

Try googling it.

cmsch

Thanks but hat's how I got to this page

hello will a 20004 HiAce van diff fit a 2000 Toyota HiAce vancommuter

hello will a 2004 hiace van diff fit a 2000 model HiAce commuter van

hello will a 2004 hiace van diff fit a 2000 model HiAce commuter van

J B.

You have to check with Toyota ..My guess is it will.

Joefc
Joefc · HiAce H100.I (1989-1999)

Hi. I have a hiace 1999 2.4 litre petrol van. How do I remove the radiator? It looks simple enough but I am told I must remove driver's side seat before I can get it out. The engine & radiator are under passenger seat. I can't see why seat needs to be removed.

Hi Joe,
Respectfully speaking, if you have to ask then maybe its wiser to contact a radiator specialist.

disappointed

much easier to remove seat and give yourself more space to remove radiator but if your worried about wasting time removing seat you are better off getting a mechanic to remove and install as it seems your not to confident in doing job

Joefc

Thank you for suggestion. I had it done by mechanic however I still getting low coolant level in the plastic reservoir and mechanic couldn't find the cause. At least it's not overheating now.

mitchell v.
mitchell v.

I'm curious can U remove radiator from bottom n drop it out as out the top is difficult n I can't see how it's going to fit out top engine bay can I just slide it out bottom

Jurg
Jurg · HiAce

Is 249000 kms too high for a 2007 Hiace Campervan which is in very good condition with a full service history....thinking if buying this...my first campervan. Many thanks John [email address removed]

Raoul K.
Raoul K.

Hi Jurg, I have a 2008 Hiace SLWB diesel with 257,000kms and it is in great condition, no problems in nearly 8 years of ownership. I previously had a 2007 diesel and had no issues with it either. From what I have read and heard you will spend a lot less on repairs and maintenance with a Toyota in comparison to European brands. Every 5,000kms I change the oil myself, plus do the oil and air filters at the same time and mine is mainly highway driving.

J B.

No its not too high because thats less than 20,000 km per year..As long as it has a good service history.

Federico D.
Federico D. · HiAce

What are the cables running through the side inside side of the sealing in my Toyota hi ace 2002?

J B.

Theres two sayings that come into play here:
1. If it ain't broke don't fix it, and
2. Curiosity killed the cat.

However, seriously speaking its difficult to say without seeing a photograph of the cables, but they would most *probably be electrical cables. *Please double check with a licensed Toyota mechanic as I can't say for sure, as I am not a licensed mechanic.

Carmen H.
Carmen H. · HiAce

My hiace is extremely uncomfortable for passengers sitting in the backseat in respect to bumps and speed bumps. Can anything be done to the suspension in the rear end to improve the trip for the passengers in the back?

Is it a Commuter ?
It is best to keep all suspension parts stock standard as per Toyota factory recommendation. You might want to consult with a Toyota dealership about the possibility of upgrading the shock absorbers or just checking the undercarriage in general.

Dassin K.
Dassin K. · HiAce

Does a bendix have anything to do when my car is not starting and making some noise?

Jane F · HiAce

Hi I’m looking to buy a Campervan to live in and I’m told a 2nd hand Hiace is great...reading the reviews here I’m not sure though as it sounds very uncomfortable for long drives, noisy and bad on fuel consumption.
I’m looking at buying one with anywhere between 160k & 300k on the clock.
Should I get a manua or auto? I’m solo lady driver. I will be doing long distances and would prefer comfort
Is there a model/year that should be avoided particularly?
All help greatly appreciated

J B.

If you have been told that the Toyota Hiace is great, then its for the Toyota reliability and that should be your primary concern when doing long distances, regardless if the driver is male or female.
If comfort is the priority then you may look at the Volkswagons or Mercedes Sprinters which are especially roomy, but the trade off comes with a higher maintenance cost. The Hiace models after 2005 have a bit more technology such as airbags. The high roof versions are better to convert into Campers. Hope this helps and happy travels- Charles Rahim

Cheers

Johannes A.
Johannes A. · HiAce H200.II (2010-2024)

What year did Toyota hiace introduce the dpf on the 3lt diesel.

J B.

Unfortunately dfp can get clogged up in any car if one doesn't do the obligatory weekly freeway drive for at least fifteen minutes. I am not sure which year.

Ian K · HiAce

Hi, I am considering buying a 2010 - 2015 Hi Ace campervan. What engines are best and what high Kms are acceptable? I have seen some with 400,000kms. Is this okay?

Hi Ian,
In my opinion (based upon owing many vehicles over a period of thirty seven years), a naturally aspirated petrol engine would be the preferred option because they are cheaper and easier to maintain and service than a diesel engine.
400,000 is not a problem IF it has been looked after and the price is right. Many campervans and courier vans have high KM and still go on and on, like my 2004 Petrol Hiace which has around 765000 km!
I am not a fan of turbo engines ( especially turbo diesels), not because of lack of performance, but because of reliability and maintenance costs.
Just get the van checked to Blue Slip Standards because they will check for leaks, engine mounts etc by a licensed mechanic and you will be fine.

Ian K

Thanks JB. I have seen Hi Ace vans advertised for sale with 500,000 t0 700,000kms on the clock. Makes me wonder at what point do they become unreliable. Ian K

Mandy M.
Mandy M.

Hi Ian, I'm thinking of selling my 2012 Toyota Hi Ace camper... it drives like a baby... I love it, but am finding it tricky to hop in and out of due to my hip...
Let me know if you might be interested... petrol auto 460k always serviced clean proper original camper with 5 seats.
Cheers

Ian K

Hi Mandy, Many thanks for the offer however we've not settled on a Hiace yet - we're still in the investigation and analysis stage - Hiace Vs VW, We plan to buy a vehicle Nov Dec time Cheers, Ian

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Select a listing for your question
Toyota HiAce