274 questions from our users

locate jack
Buy a small trolley jack - they are much easier to use, are relatively cheap and don't take up much space. No idea where the standard jack is - maybe under rear seat.thanks

find jack on 1997 hilux duel cab

Will 1989 rims fit on a 2001?
Just because I own a HiLux does not make me an expert, my friend - ask a tyre company...

Will a 4x4 tub from a hilux dual cab fit on a 2wd workmate dual cab?
Probably not - there are so many variations between models and tubs in width/length and depth, and the makers seem to try to ensure that every model is different. Also, the tub will be considerably different in length 2wd much longer than dual. You should get the measurements just to confirm, though.

Would a 98 duel cab canopy fit on my 05 duel cab?
Highly unlikely, even if it is a Toyota canopy - most manufacturers change the dimensions of all parts of their vehicles regularly, and a change to width, length and shape means that one canopy will be different to another. I have a non-Toyota canopy fitted to mine, and had the devil of job replacing the glass in the rear door. Do a rough measurement - width and length, and keep in mind that a cm difference will stop it from fitting. Real pain, but that is the reality of vehicle makers - forcing you to buy a new one if you change vehicles.

can i put a 2003 extra cab tub on a 1991 extra cab
Hi Gavin, I don't know the answer. you may check the Hilux history to see whether they are belong to same generation. but it seems they are not the same generation. the mechanic side things can be solved, just the lights wiring may be different. cheers,

Will a 2001 sr5 canopy fit on a 2015 sr hilux
Hi Scotty, I don't think so.I doubt it. You're looking at 2 very different sets of dimensions there.Thanks for all your help. Have a great day

Does a 99 model canopy fit a 2003 model ute

My wife is interested in purchasing a second hand 4xwheel drive diesel vehicle that can tow a horse float and travel into the high country of NSW/ACT for camping purposes. What are we expected to pay for a vehicle that has 100 to 150 thousand klms on the clock and has a solid canopy fitted on the rear?
For something like that, you will probably need at least a turbo diesel, and if you want to keep you costs down, you will need about $20k for a 10 year old HiLux or Navara, or another $10 for an even older Landcruiser or Patrol. The newer 4WD - less than 5 years old can tow heavier trailers. Touring is becoming very popular - try traveling in the NT now, and you will swamped by Grey Nomads. Look through AllClassifieds, Gumtree and eBay, and be patient - it took me over a month to find my HiLux, but it has served me flawlessly for 2 years, and now has 380,000 kms on it, and runs like a clock. Don't be overly concerned by high kms - diesels last a lot longer than they used to, but try to learn the history of the vehicle - long trips are better for a diesel than short, and counry running is better than city.Thank you... good advice!

I have a 2004 single cab Hilux 4x4 when I start the Ute dash light come on as usual then only some go off. The ones that stay on is the battery light the t belt light oil light the battery went flat put new reg in alt but the same problem any suggestions greatly appreciated. THANKS DEAN

Will auto gear box out of a 2013 fit a2008

I have a 97 hilux the starter went n ive replace it but ive missed placed the screw that goes on the outside to connect power. What size is that screw?
Are you sure its a screw not a nut to connect the positive cable

My 2002 hilux 170000 ks has started to jolt mainly in 3rd and 4th gear. The best way I can describe it is like someone who can't drive manual well. A learner manual driver. In case anyone asks, yes I am competent In driving manual and have been for years. Any idea what this could be and potential rough cost of repair. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Does a three seater seat out of a 4x4 98 model fit into a 2wd 2003 hilux

Are there dpf issues on 2.4 diesel hilux like 2.8. (mine is 2016 2 wd.)? cheers jim.

Will a nudge bar from a 2004 Hilux fit a 2006 model

what is mileage on full tank on 2016 2.8 hilux.

Motor and injector rail r al live Wil not fire new glow plugs
Is it possible to instal a Hilux work mate 2.7 2003 engine into a 2002 model

Can a flat tray from a 2004 hilux be compatible on a 2005 hilux?

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives