298 questions from our users

Colin Marsh

Colin Marshasked

Will a 2017 SR5 rear Tub fit a 2016 SR Toyota hilux

KillaWhat

No idea. I've got a 2019 model.
I believe they changed the body recently (2018) so most likely it will fit.

Julian

Julianasked

HiLux

Hi all , I’m considering buying a brand new SR5 2019 model , so far this is based on looks only . I plan on having it as my personal Ute which I’ll use for some camping,fishing and just every day use . What are everyone’s thought on them ? I’m concerned about the 2.8L engine compared to say the BT50 XTRs 3.2L engine .

KillaWhat

Julian, Have a read of my HIlux review. I cover all of that in there. And if you want, I also wrote a review for a 2014 BT50. I don't think they've changed that much (mechanically) to the new ones.

Nick T.

Nick T.asked

HiLux

Hi all got a Toyota hilux kun26r just replaced cv shafts ,hub bearings,top and bottom ball joints the ute has a 40mm lift got longer cv shafts to suit
So what's happening is that I go to drive and the drivers side wheel is thumping up and down like it's driving with a flat tyre when I jack it up the front wheels lock
Should have anyone come across this if so any suggestions as to the cause

Jules O.

Jules O.asked

Does the hardlid of hilux 2014 sr model suits hilux 2006? Cheers

Riley S.

Riley S.asked

HiLux

can a 2013 hilux sports bar and hard lid fit a 2009 hilux?

KillaWhat

Not sure, I've got a 2019. I would think not because from what I've heard they changed the body design and made the cab smaller when they went to 2.8L. My suggestion is talk to one of the guys from an accessories fitting place (like ARB). I'm sure they would know.

frank

frankasked

HiLux MK7.I (2005-2008)

what gear should i tow my van with my 4l v6 hilux

Angus O.

Angus O.asked

HiLux MK7.I (2005-2008)

My drive train light just came on after taking the air filter out

safeplaces4children

safeplaces4childrenasked

HiLux

Can I fit a 2016 Hilux wellbody to my 2009 double cab ute?
Clint

voja O.

voja O.asked

Would a arb 1993 bullbar fit a 2000 hilux

Ray K

Ray Kasked

HiLux

Will a 2005 4x4 3 litre diesel SR hilux chassis fit a 2007 4x4 3 litre diesel. The 2007 chassis is bent.

Grange
Grange

I would suggest that it would but you would have to do some basic measurements to see from corner to corner etc .

Jared
Jared

I have no idea

Pete S.

Pete S.asked

HiLux

Can I fit a 2000 2 wheel drive fuel injected petrol engine in to my 1995 4wd petrol Hilux? Cheers

Dave F.

Dave F.asked

HiLux

Hi would a 2012 hiux workmate duel cab tub fit a 2009 hilux duel cab workmate?...as i want to trade my alloy tray for a tub.

Ricki

Rickiasked

HiLux

My son has a 2004 hilux DC ute and wants a bullbar room racks etc, I have a found a second hand bullbar, before purchase do I need anything special in regards to fitting etc, my borther mentioned it has airbags and you need to make sure it is suitable.

Harry A.

Harry A.asked

HiLux

Would a canopy that fits a 2014 hilux sr5 fit on a 2015 sr5 mines the early 2015 KUN26 model ???

crystalp

crystalpasked

will a 2006 tray off a dual cab fit on a 1997 dual cab

Snr A.

Snr A.asked

HiLux

I’ve got a 2000 SR5 and last night as I turned into my driveway I heard a bang from underneath near the front wheels and my steering completely went, I had to push on the tyres to turn it manually so I could park it in the driveway- so now the steering wheel spins freely but wheels don’t do anything

Shaun f

I’m after a hilux canopy for a 2014 what year range fits this model

Rodney H.

Rodney H.asked

HiLux

I have an 02 hilux and really struggling to find a bullbar for under $500 that will fit it. Will a bullbar from an 05 to say an 08 fit?
Seems to be a lot for sale, but not sure about fitting with the different looking front ends. I have the square headlights Vs the newer looking ones.
Cheers

David R.
David R.

It is extremely difficult to fit a bull bar to a HiLux that is not specific to the year; ie , a bar from one year will probably not fit any other year. And it is difficult to fit if it is not for that year. If you want to gamble on buying one for a different year, go ahead - good luck with the electrics, air-bag compliance and everything else. If the fitting brackets are not the exact size, it will not fit. Find a reasonably priced new one, fitted by a professional and avoid the hassle. If you can't, do without.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives