Toyota Kluger

Toyota Kluger (2014-2021) Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

Also referred to as: Toyota Kluger 2020 and Toyota Kluger 2022. AWD, 2WD

30 questions from our users

Tarynasked
Kluger (2014-2021)

My kluger grande automatic tailgate / boot / rear door has been playing up and won't open close properly anymore, i pushed it closed the other day as it stopped with about a 20cm gap and now its not operating at all. Has this happened to anyone else please? Not sure what to do. Toyota dealership advised approx $2000 for a replacement boot motor if thats the problem.

Ants
Ants

I am having the same issue

Misty
Misty

The boot has a auto stop mechanism on it if you push the button even by accident when it's mid range or even a centimetre away from the closing point it will automatically stop it needs to be reset to be able to open correctly there's something about it in the manual without me having the manual in front of you I can't tell you exactly how to do it but yeah try repressing the button again and holding it in for a couple of seconds it should reset itself and work functionally again

Taryn

Turned out I needed the gas lift motors replaced, $3000 later they are working. Seems to be a known fault but my car was almost 4 years old when it started happening.

Anita B
Anita Basked
Kluger (2014-2021)

Hi, We are looking to buy a car that we want to be able to take off road. Probably not extreme off road, but we love exploring Darwin and Northern Australia. My husband wants a Mitsubishi Pajero, but I would like something that is a little more comfortable for when we aren't off road as I also do a lot of KMs for work around Metro Perth. Has anyone driven this car around Australia and used it for 4 wheel driving and also towing up to 1 tonne boat? Thanks.

Gadget man
Gadget man

I'm actually considering buying a Kluger, but I wouldn't take it anywhere more extreme than the access roads into Wyalunga or John Forrest National Parks. It might have optional AWD, but it's not made for off-road at all. It also only comes with a petrol V6, whereas a diesel is much better for long fuel range, and low-down torque for towing. Sorry, but I think your husband is on the right track with the Pajero. It is quite comfortable and feels fairly nimble for a full-size 4WD. My parents have taken one around Oz about 4 times with a caravan and loved it.

Jag
Jagasked
Kluger (2014-2021)

I have 2016 Toyota Kluger , screen went blank. I have change battery & alternator, screen is still blank. I wonder how to fix it. Thanks

Abdallah
Abdallahasked
Kluger (2014-2021)

Hi, my 2014 kluger wouldn't start this morning, had never had any problems with this vehicle but now. Battery seems ok, so i don't understand what might be the problem?

Tiff1971

Hi, I'm sorry, unfortunately I have no mechanical knowledge regarding cars. I'm afraid I can't help you. Could be your alternator? You definitely need to consult a qualified mechanic.

RC Mataakama
RC Mataakamaasked
Kluger (2014-2021)

Is it normal for the driver's seat button for the chair to move and back and forth to not work as I've only just gotten the car recently and now it won't move back or forth it's a 2014 Toyota Kluger

whufcray
whufcray

I have no idea. Mine is an older kluger

Tiff1971

Hi, I dont actually have a button on mine. I have a lever. The lever moves loosely though and takes extra effort to pull beyond to move the seat.

Maz
Mazasked
Kluger (2014-2021)

Can I change my 2WD 2016 Kluger into an AllWD, and, if so, how much would it cost?

David G
David Gasked
Kluger (2014-2021)

does anyone have any comments about its off road ability in 4x4?

Steven
Stevenasked
Kluger (2014-2021)

2016 Kluger. Speed o out by 7km , is that normal for them? Toyota says can not be fixed. Get sick of the tight suspension on not so good roads, is US version softer riding, if yes I could import new shocks for it.

The Truth
The Truth

Most new cars have speedo set 5 to 7 km under actual speed so they are not liable if you are over the speed limit. I like the suspension on the car not sure if its personal preference or an issue on yours.

Ian
Ian

if you where to put a lower profile tyres on the speedo will be affected by about 2.5% for each size change

Rob5945
Rob5945asked
Kluger (2014-2021)

I notice the 2014 onwards Klugers don't have a digital speedo. Is there a way Toyota can fit one?

Scott
Scott

Just driven a Klugar Grande AWD (Jan 2015 build date) today. This has an option to show a digital speed display. Not sure if this is on all 2015 build models or just on the Grande.

Sam
Samasked
Kluger (2014-2021)

What is the difference between toyota kluger gxl 2014 and 2015? Or is there a difference at all?thanks

memaidgem
memaidgem

price

Jassi
Jassi

Bsm , sunroof, different alloys, lane change warning , auto boot gate

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)