Toyota Kluger

Toyota Kluger (2014-2021) (page 3 of 4)

Also referred to as: Toyota Kluger 2020 and Toyota Kluger 2022. GX, GXL, Grande

Date PurchasedSept 2015
karthi

karthiVictoria

Big size family car

Very good car, from the day we got this we haven't had any issues and never felt like of chose the wrong one. Adjustable seats is very comfortable specially when you travel for long distance. Rear seats are not so bad compare with others in the market around same pricing. Only bit of trouble we always have is parking when we go to shopping centre with narrow parking spaces.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
yuqi

yuqimelbourne

Affordable family car

I had Holden commodore before, compared with Klugar. I think Klugar steeling wheel is more easy to maneuver, better visuability, more seats (also the third row is hardly can fitted in anyone), good for long distance drive. I had base model of Klugar which similar price with Holden and less features. Sound effects, temperature control and fuel is a big concern.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Ben S

Ben SAustralia

Good car

My 2012 7 Seat 2WD model Kluger is very nice. It has a lot of legroom, is very comfortable and the interior is nice. The car is not noisy at all but isn't very fuel efficent (around 12L/100km) but driving on a motorway or highway is pretty good because uses around 8L/100km.

BadgeKX-R
Date PurchasedJan 2013
Zain

ZainPerth

Best car I have owned because it is my first NEW car!

Great family mover that is spacious enough and extremely comfortable!

It does use abit more fuel that I hoped averaging about 12-13L per 100km for city driving, highway driving is great at 9L per 100km.

So far the only issue I had was a flat battery after 13 months which when I took it to Toyota they just told me it needed a charge, it then went flat twice and they only cover 50% after a year so I took it elsewhere to have it changed!

Jax

JaxMelbourne

Great car - Very Overpriced! Lost 45k in value in 3 years!

Date PurchasedAug 2014
razzamartaz

razzamartazAU

Oh what a feeling

Date PurchasedJune 2016
GEP

GEPMelbourne

Always been our dream car! Has lived up to our expectation...

When we purchased the Kluger 2WD we knew that we didn't go wrong with our choice in the first place, to be honest even if its a big machine it is the easiest car that I have driven so far. Driving experience wise, it felt so light, quiet and secured. The interior looks classy and the accessories are pretty straightforward. Petrol wise, its more economical compared to other 7 seaters in the market since its a 2WD and we couldn't feel any much difference since our previous car was a sedan V6 and the fuel cost is more or less the same.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
BendyinPerth

BendyinPerthAU

Fantastic car.

Love our car. So comfy, big and roomy and the seven seats are worth their weight in gold. Superb ride and Toyota reliability.
Qualityeather seats and so much variable load space but drives like a luxury sedan.
Excellent in car entertainment and computer and pretty good economy for such a big lump.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

HayleyN

HayleyNAdelaide

In love

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Paul

PaulCastaways beach

Best 7 seater

The best drive available under $100K. Amazing on long journeys with enough Technology to keep the driver and passengers happy. Great visibility makes town driving and parking very easy. I also use the boot area for work and can fit more tools and equipment in than any other SUV I've owned.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
cjg

cjgmelbourne

Love it Perfect Size

I have had a few Different Cars over the years, This is the First Toyota we have had and its a dream to drive, for a 6 cylinder Petrol is quite good on fuel. The Interior and extras are easy to use not too confusing ...Love the size back and front I would highly recomend the Kluger

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Nwa888

Nwa888Nsw

Super car

This car is one of the best cars you can buy super reliable and also has a lot of features one of the main things has heaps of room for all your friends and family levels are low.
Kluger is a well-resolved large SUV. It has very good on-road manners with real off-road capability. If you don’t mind the styling, a Kluger AWD (to the appropriate specification for your budget) should be on your shortlist.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Kerryn

KerrynLavington

WOW - What a car!

This is just like - wow. I never thought I would have an SUV, but due to my spouses disability we needed one. It has exceeded my expectations of what luxury you can have in a SUV.
It is so quiet and room - it is like a lounge room in the back. But does expand to 7 seats, if needed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Papapete

PapapetePerth, WA

A very nice car, 2WD model can get away from you

A very well equipped vehicle, a pleasure to drive and be driven in.

The 7 seat capacity with air-con controls in the rear for your family will please all, and as normal Toyota always seem to make the coldest air conditioning of all the car manufactures (I think!)

The only issue I have with my base model GX 2WD is the power going into the front 2 drive wheels can make it a bit of a handful if you push it hard, use caution when going to over take a slow moving vehicle and building your speed up quickly.

All up, well priced servicing (10K) Fuel good around 9.9l per 100k for 2wd

New Dad

New DadMelbourne

What an excellent SUV

Absolutely loving it. We had a camry but this is just another level.. especially when travelling to long distances...highly recommended for anyone interested in a SUV.
TOYOTA reliability design are on full display in this model. It is a 7 seater so the whole family can enjoy those long trips.

candarchie

My pride and joy

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Kevin Dodds

Kevin DoddsBlaxland

Driving is such a pleasure

BadgeKX-S

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Prue

Prueasked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Has anyone had a Kluger that’s dash began squeaking? This is a new kluger 11000km. Two squeaks in different spots along the dash. I can not stand it to the point I feel like returning it to Toyota for a refund.
If the dealership looks for the squeaks how will they do it?
If it involves pulling the dash apart I think it will just cause more noise.
Also there is a slight rattle in the drivers door. I swear I need ear plugs to drive it so it doesn’t irritate me

Bryce

Bryceasked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Do the new Toyota Kluger's have the same oil clogging problems as the previous models

Palladium B.

Palladium B.asked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Bought a new 2018 Kluger and have never been able to park it straight in a shopping carpark. I have never had a problem parking any car I have owned until the Kluger. What am I doing wrong? I feel like I am straight but when I exist the car I am practically sideways. Very irriating.

Garyrandall
Garyrandall

I have the same problem sometimes. Also own a Camry and Aurion and I don’t seem to have this problem with them. Maybe it’s the shape/contour of the bonnet when using that for a reference when reversing. I was going to try placing something on the bonnet in the middle at the front (same as the older cars with a vertical bonnet emblem) in order to give me a better reference. Cheers.

See all Toyota Kluger (2014-2021) questions

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)

Compare all 6 Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $71,317$75,488$49,273$53,473
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD) and Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD) and Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm
Country of ManufactureUSAUSAUSAUSA
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)700 kg700 kg700 kg700 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014
Compare all 6 Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)