Toyota Kluger

Toyota Kluger (2014-2021) (page 4 of 4)

Also referred to as: Toyota Kluger 2020 and Toyota Kluger 2022. GX, GXL, Grande

• Comfort
  • Features
ritchie1403

ritchie1403Hunter

2016 Toyota Kluger Grande AWD model.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Andrew

AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good solid transport for a large family

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Frustrating !! 2015 Grande 4WD

KMR01

KMR01North Queensland, QLD

Minor Issues - Still a good car

Pros - Great family car, great to drive, good performance and not sluggish at all, so far very reliable, air conditioning in the cabin everywhere which is essential where we live, good looks.

Cons - We brought a 2WD but should of brought the AWD I find the 2WD a little light in the steering at times (not sure why Toyota just doesn't drop the 2WD versions and just make them all AWD they are SUV's after all) our cruise control stick lights are flickering (Toyota is replacing the part though), we find the trip/fuel computer a little strange but according to the last refuel we are getting 605kms to a tank but has said as low as 405km even though our everyday driving habits had not changed (Toyota is looking into this also).

BadgeGXL
memaidgem

memaidgem

Great car, shame about the urban fuel use

Jane01

Jane01Sydney, Australia

LOVE IT!!!!! SO SO MUCH

Great Car!

Bought the Kluger GX brand new 2014. A very reliable and stable car. After one year traveling, I can say so far do not have problems at all. It also got a very good & powerful V6 engine. Very spacious and practical inside. The only downside is the suspension (quite bouncy) & fuel consumption. Capped plan service charge $170 is also reasonable to me.

Shaun Francis

Shaun FrancisMelbourne

Best Kluger ever

Have had a base model GX 4x2 version for over 3 months now. Extremely happy with the car. Huge improvement over the older versions - in terms of comfort, handling, fuel efficiency, passenger space, quality of materials etc..

Cons: Bit pricey compared to the competition. Can have more features added for the price. Small capacity fuel tank

Review update: Had the Kluger for 8 months now, first service complete at an affordable $170 - capped price service. Fuel efficiency drops in city traffic to 12-13L/100km, but my commute is mostly highway ( 8-9L/100km) so not too fussed. Good size boot with all 3 rows up unlike the old version.

Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Find out how Toyota Kluger compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Jessica

Jessica

It's Great

We purchased the KX-R new last year
Absolutely love it! Servicing through Toyota is capped at $129 for the first 12 services and is great.
I feel like we're always gassing up, we travel a lot - costs on average $80-$90 to fill from empty.
Great size for our family of 6, with 4 small girls.
I like the option of putting down just one or both of the rear seats and the removeable middle seat in the centre row. Smooth drive. Reliable car.
Only annoying this is that the dash is always lit up so I often forget to put my headlights on at night.

BadgeKX-R
Doggone

DoggoneGeelong

Fantastic family car in every respect , except fuel economy.

BadgeGXL
HonestBob

HonestBobBrisbane

Great decision to buy 2014 Kluger

Bought the new shape 2014. What a awesome drive. Smooth, quiet, powerful, spacious, imposing, safe, and attractive. Would definitely recommend the Toyota Kluger over other options at this price point.

Robbie

RobbieSydney, NSW

Bought with confidence.

Perfect family car

Just bought my 2014 Kluger Grande 2014. It is fabulous. So much room even in the third row. My 6ft husband can even travel in the 3rd row without an issue. Power boot is so handy when your hands are full. Kids love the cordless headphones that come with the blue ray player. We looked at the X5, Q7, GL mercedes and the Kluger grande won hands down for value for money. A luxury car without the hefty price tag. Capped servicing at $170 for 3 years is a real bonus.

Wilby

2 years on and I still love this car!

Prue

Prueasked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Has anyone had a Kluger that’s dash began squeaking? This is a new kluger 11000km. Two squeaks in different spots along the dash. I can not stand it to the point I feel like returning it to Toyota for a refund.
If the dealership looks for the squeaks how will they do it?
If it involves pulling the dash apart I think it will just cause more noise.
Also there is a slight rattle in the drivers door. I swear I need ear plugs to drive it so it doesn’t irritate me

Bryce

Bryceasked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Do the new Toyota Kluger's have the same oil clogging problems as the previous models

Palladium B.

Palladium B.asked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Bought a new 2018 Kluger and have never been able to park it straight in a shopping carpark. I have never had a problem parking any car I have owned until the Kluger. What am I doing wrong? I feel like I am straight but when I exist the car I am practically sideways. Very irriating.

Garyrandall
Garyrandall

I have the same problem sometimes. Also own a Camry and Aurion and I don’t seem to have this problem with them. Maybe it’s the shape/contour of the bonnet when using that for a reference when reversing. I was going to try placing something on the bonnet in the middle at the front (same as the older cars with a vertical bonnet emblem) in order to give me a better reference. Cheers.

See all Toyota Kluger (2014-2021) questions

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)

Compare all 6 Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $71,317$75,488$49,273$53,473
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD) and Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD) and Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm
Country of ManufactureUSAUSAUSAUSA
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)700 kg700 kg700 kg700 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014
Compare all 6 Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)