Toyota Kluger

• Features
Pedro L.

Pedro L.

Dream

What a truly exceptional car to drive, super spacious, powerful and reliable. I cannot fault this vehicle. It’s always a pleasure to drive with so much room in the cargo area for camping

Purchased in January 2017 for $37,000.00.

Nader

NaderGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good car suitable for families

very good family car , It has a bit high fuel consumption ,rather than that it is amazing, very smooth ,bought it use same year, no issues or complains at all

Purchased in June 2019 for $35,000.00.

JQ33

JQ33Perth, WA

Reliable

I bought it 2nd hand and it has been great for me. No problems at all not even minor ones. As long as you service it regularly these Toyota cars will never give issues

Purchased in April 2015 for $30,000.00.

Mike

MikeSydney, NSW

Classy, beautiful and reliable

Very reliable classy car for all your daily commutes. It has every function you need. Smooth running. Attractive and everyone comments on that with you. Strong safe but cosy. Service program is well organised.

Purchased in February 2018 at Western Toyota.

The Lounge Lizard

The Lounge LizardDarwin, NT

The car I said I would never buy

i have just bought a Kluger, the car I said I would never buy- but I am glad I did. My deal breaker on a new car was a full size spare tyre- that gets rid of about 80% of the possibilities.

Having owned 4WDs for most of my life, Including most recently a 120 series Prado, I realised that I had not done any serious off-roading for a long time, nor was I likely to. But I still wanted reliability, room to move and that full size spare- enter Kluger. A good looking car these days especially in Crystal Pearl and enough mumbo to make highway travel a breeze. The recent update has the Kluger swarming with safety feature. The only one I am not sure about is adaptive cruise control.

Early days but this is very easy to live with.

Sean

SeanSydney, NSW

Very reliable performance and excellent driving experience

- Commuting, family transport and school pickup
- Daily driving around 30 ~ 50 km
- Half-yearly service at a fixed price $180
- But a bit high fuel consumption 12.8 liter for 100 km

Purchased in December 2015 for $41,500.00.

pjw304

pjw304Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

LOVE this beautiful vehicle!

S.G

S.GAdelaide

Fantastic car!!

I’m absolutely in love with the 2018 kluger!!! I had it on hire for a month or two a few months ago and I must say it’s by far the most fancy four wheel drive I’ve ever driven. I’d highly recommend it to anybody with a large family as they have fold away back extra seats as well!!

BadgeGrande
Date PurchasedMay 2018
Yousuf

YousufKellyville NSW

Good practical design inside out

We mainly use this car for family vehicle is beautifully design with immense sense of practicality. ride is super smooth if runs on premium unleaded engine is so quite however 8 speed gearbox needs bit improvement shifting is not as seamless as the previous 6 speed gearbox but it still helps you save on fuel , it also makes you feel that car is being driven in big gear at low speed with low revs.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
DriveFWD

nic f

nic fmelbourne

Amazing!

Smooth drive and very well thought of interior! The purchasing process was made extremely easy through Patterson Cheney Dandenong. The Kluger is very spacious and great for long drives. I would highly recommend the Kluger to anyone who has a large family or owns dogs. The middle console is my favourite due to the large space it provides.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Nadene

NadeneSandy beach

Toyota Kruger 2017

I Never ever would of thought I would of bought a Kluger!
But I Love Love Love it, it’s so smooth to drive there is so much room for the kids I the back and I can fit nearly everything in the car because all the seats lie flat!
I highly Recommend this car to everyone with a Family!

DriveRWD
Tiff1971

Tiff1971South East Queensland, QLD

Great spacious, reliable family car

Date PurchasedDec 2017
AYam

AYamNSW, 2125

Best Car I ever owned

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Michael

MichaelBrisbane

Beautiful car

I bought this card in March 2018 and it drives like a treat, it doesn't sit ridiculously high like some SUVs so my wife can easily move our baby in and out of the back seat. It has grunt when needed but if you're happy to drive gently the economy is very good (around 10L/100km on avg).

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Rhiannon

RhiannonBenalla

I love this car, highly recommend

I love driving my car now, I brought a new car for a family car, it is perfect for car seat installation with isofix, beautiful car to drive and it’s a big car but doesn’t feel big to drive, my parter is 6ft 4 and there is plenty of leg room even with a car seat behind the passenger seat, love the leather interior

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Erin

ErinCessnock

Best car I’ve ever owned!

Outstanding driving performance. Smooth, quiet but power when you need it. A very sleek and well appointed dash with all the extras drivers and families need. Comfort features are second to none, with more than enough space to comfortably seat 5 adults and 2 children. The extra 2 seats in the back fold away flush to reveal a huge boot space. You have the versatility of using only one of the rear seats if needed and those seats are as comfortable as the main seats. Kluge is the perfect family car, I couldn’t imagine anything else better suiting our needs.

BadgeCV
Date PurchasedNov 2016
The Truth

The TruthIllawarra, NSW

Love it

If you have a family of over 6 footers like me its perfect! Bought 2018 model 6 months ago and seriously could not be happier. Well appointed interior and great to drive. Heaps of room in the back with adjustable 2nd row as well as the boot even with 3rd row up. Love it!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great car

Bought my burgundy GX new 18 months ago. One of the most versatile, quiet cars I have ever owned. Lots of power for safe overtaking. Likes a drink though - 14L/100 km in town, but good on open road - best ever was 7.4L/100 on highway. Much nicer to drive than the Camry it's based on.

CL

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Amar

AmarMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome car love it

I bought 4x2 GX and loved it. Got plenty of torque and runs smooth. Plenty of space in the back row. Last row seat only good for short distance if occupied by adults. Huge boot and once you lay the seat down there is ton of space. Bit thirsty on fuel in city 14l/100kms but quiet good n long drives8-9l/100kms

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
jose

jose

Works awesome

Drive very smoothly, style is superb , very spacious and torque is strong , safety is great . Price is reasonable. Dashboard is stylish . Cap service is additional bonus . Fuel consumption to the best . Suspension is smooth . Steering wheel is to the max . Love the car !

Bryce

Bryceasked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Do the new Toyota Kluger's have the same oil clogging problems as the previous models

Palladium B.

Palladium B.asked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Bought a new 2018 Kluger and have never been able to park it straight in a shopping carpark. I have never had a problem parking any car I have owned until the Kluger. What am I doing wrong? I feel like I am straight but when I exist the car I am practically sideways. Very irriating.

Garyrandall
Garyrandall

I have the same problem sometimes. Also own a Camry and Aurion and I don’t seem to have this problem with them. Maybe it’s the shape/contour of the bonnet when using that for a reference when reversing. I was going to try placing something on the bonnet in the middle at the front (same as the older cars with a vertical bonnet emblem) in order to give me a better reference. Cheers.

Rakesh

Rakeshasked

Kluger (2014-2021)

Hi , I have Toyota kluger 2015 . As soon I turn on ac after few seconds it’s turn off automatically. Can any one please help me what is the problem?

See all Toyota Kluger (2014-2021) questions

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)

Compare all 6 Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $71,317$75,488$49,273$53,473
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD) and Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD) and Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm
Country of ManufactureUSAUSAUSAUSA
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)700 kg700 kg700 kg700 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014
Compare all 6 Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)