Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R

Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R (2008-2020)

Also referred to as: Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R 2019 and Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R 2021. GX, Altitude, VX, etc...

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

TomIllawarra, NSW

What a fantastic beast. Tows like you would not believe. Leaves everything else in the rear vision. Mirror.

Have the current 200 series GXL. Expensive but worth every cent. Tows our 2.8 ton van with ease. Have not had any problems or warranty claims in 4 years and over 60,000 kilometres. It is a dream to drive and perfect in comfort and performance. We hummed and harred about the cost but they hold their resale value better than anything else in the market.

Purchased in November 2015 at Bega Valley Motors.

Year2015

Best landcruiser ever

Ive owned a 40, 45, 55, 60, 75, 80, 100 and now a 200 series. Every model was legendary and every model was better than the one before it. They arent cheap but they outlast the rest. Great tow car, awesome offroad.

Purchased in June 2015 at Motorama Toyota for $82,000.00.

Year2015
Parth Sharma

Parth SharmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I would like to aim the Toyota Land Cruiser 200 VDJ200R VX8 Cylinder

I use my car very often almost 2-300 kms a day. Everyday, every time i get my car serviced when its due, there are no issues with the car its amazing.

Purchased in August 2017 for $12,000.00.

TransmissionManual
Year2001
Comfort

comfortable highway cruiser and excellent tow vehicle BUT

comfortable highway cruiser and excellent tow vehicle. have to pay way too much for way too little. basic inclusions - no seat heaters, accessory plug in rear ,lumber support adjustment, stereo controls steering wheel and poor standard insulation. high depreciation
I would rather go off road in my old 75 troopy

Purchased in May 2015 for $44,000.00.

Year2008

mtreister

mtreisterNew South Wales

The leather seats are falling apart and the service from Toyota and Toyota Sutherland has been atrocious

These photos tell it all the car is only 4 years old and Toyota has just walked away I will never buy another Toyota or one from Toyota Sutherland they are happy to take your money not have no interest in fixing there products

Purchased for $115,000.00.

Year2016

Darryl  Hill

Darryl HillMelb

Excellent 200 Sahara 2018

Have done 24 ks in 12mths with not one ounce of worry other than still showing 12.1 lts per 100ks and not 9.5 as Toyota states which all makes of cars claim

Purchased in July 2018 at Toyota Dealers for $120.00.

Year2018

DukeMG

DukeMGSydney, NSW

Extremely high quality - best car I have owned.

Use the 200 for commuting, family transport & towing a 3700KG boat. (I had a second stage mfg increase the BTC to 4T). The vehicle is more solid than anything else I have seen designed & built today. Comfortable for long trips, large car that is easy to handle. I will have a very hard time letting go of this one when the time comes.

Purchased in April 2017.

Year2017

ROLLA

ROLLACentral Queensland, QLD

Great car

You really pay for what you get with these cars. Fairly expensive so you get the best possible ride with it. Very comfortable even with standard suspension. Great car straight of the factory floor.

Purchased in October 2017.

Year2010
TanRod

TanRodHervey Bay

New Batteries - No navigation

We recently replaced our batteries in our Landcruiser, and now the factory fitted navigation system is not picking up GPS signal, and has gone to a default map of Canberra. Is there a anyway that we can fix this ourselves, or is this a trip to our local dealer?
Thanks in advance, Tania

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Mick cameron

Mick cameronBairnsdale Victgoria

Great vehicle great staff

I search for two years before I found a vehicle I wanted to buy, it had to have accessories, low is and be able to do what was required in a four wheel drive. Towing etc. I selected a GX 200 series landcruiser 2013. This vehicle is to tow my off road van for extended trips outback as well as a daily drive.

BadgeGX
Date PurchasedNov 2018
Drive4WD

Emma

Emma

Happy So Far

We've had our LandCruiser 200 series since June, and don't think we'll ever turn back. Has a spacious interior, fits 3 car seats along the middle row nicely, drives well a perfect family car from school runs to off-roading. Has only been taken for one service (which was complimentary) the local dealer offers a complimentary detail along with the service. The dealer was extremely busy on the day our car was booked in - so could not complete the detail - although offered for us to bring the vehicle back at a later date for the detail.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

SleepyWoodgate Beach

King of the Road

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Ben

Ben

The best family 4x4 vehicle

Toyota landcruiser 200 vx very comfortable vehicle my kids loves it in every trip. Quite cabin and torquey engine. The stock suspension is amazing. Drive it off road and it will just take it easy with the help of its traction control you don't need differential locker in my opinion.

BadgeVX
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Naidon

NaidonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Comfortable car

This is a really comfortable 4wd to drive around. Lots of really good things about it. Some frustrations with the navigation unit being poor, as is toyota form it seems, and some of the alarms and bells can't be turned off, which is annoying. Good long distance tourer. Second major issue is the payload capacity. Toyota need to look at this and address it. Considering so many buy the car as a tourer, tow vehicle, the 650kg capacity is no-where near enough.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Nick18

Nick18mackay

Happy enough

The car is a great drive and tows well, the kids have grown up now so its the cook and I, you could argue its an overstated vehicle for two people which it is but is bought for towing and long trips into central and western Queensland etc
I am a little disappointed in the lack of features for the driver: reversing sensor, fuel management, retracting mirrors etc. all of this was standard with my previous Prado GXL
considering the significant cost its disappointing, I wish I had of bought the VX
never the less a great vehicle.
The dealer is excellent to deal with and would recommend talking to them before purchasing elsewhere.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
ptr

ptrbrisbane

Power and the glory

Had my 2013 Sahara since new, 100,000km of trouble free luxury and hauling tools for work. A great machine to cover large distances easily and comfortably. Economical diesel albeit a twin turbo V8 powerhouse. Love the chiller box and dvd for children in the rear. Plenty of room for the larger framed folk! Reliability is first class.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Andy Merrill

Andy MerrillMelbourne

Good car except for a very annoying vibration from 1800 to 2100 rpm through steering wheel, feels li

Date PurchasedAug 2015

good bloke

good bloke

awesome

Awsome driving experience, quiter than I thought, great steering, excellent on and off road, plenty of space inside, there is nothing to dislike about the interior, easy to clean, and very comfortable for the whole family, it fits everything we need for everyday life or when we go for trips and very affordable running costs, i wish I bought it earlier.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

rick cammansbrisbane

New toyota 200 series under warranty with a painting claim defect denied

Date PurchasedAug 2015
rick cammans

I had the same problem. Toyota standards are dropping fast for such $X$ at more than $ 84,000 GXL. Look for another car cheaper but as good.

See all Toyota LandCruiser 200 reviews

Andrew M.

Andrew M.asked

I have a 2011 gx, and got it remapped recently after buying it about 8 months ago, and the readout said that it only has 165kw after the remap and 140 before, I thought 200kw was standard

Ask an Agent or look in tbe manual ,usually available on line

Stewart P.

200kw is at the engine. When you allow for drive-line losses you get 140kw as measured at the tyres

165kw is measured at the tyres.

Dont feel bad, The Y62 Patrol is 297kw at the engine and yet was 163kw at the tyres AFTER a tune.

Nick B

Nick Basked

I have a 2008 model V8 diesel auto. It battles to reverse. It does not move when I hook a trailer to the nose towbar and try to reverse.
Even over a slight bump and definitely uphill. Even if I rev the motor a bit.
The gearbox oil was changed by Toyota but there is no improvement. Please advise?

Tom

Why are you hooking the trailer/van to the front end and then reversing? I have a 2015 Cruiser and when hooked to the rear tow ball have no trouble driving forward or reversing our 2.9 ton carvan. Every time we come home I reverse it back onto the driveway with no problem. I have never tried to hook the van on the front and reverse it. Maybe reverse is not meant to pull 3 ton.

Stewart P.

Check the handbrake. Ive seen mechanic's over adjust them and it almost locks up the wheels in reverse. The other issue is the brake distribution, with heavy weight on the front the brakes will be doing some weird stuff. They arent designed to be used like this. Reversing with the van correctly hooked up to the rear will be very different

Richard P.

Richard P.asked

I don't have rear guidelines displayed on my reverse camera how to I set them up Help required

Tom

I am not sure if the lines are even there. Certainly not on my current 200 series GXL. Camera is off set but you get use to the angle when backing onto the caravan.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives