Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R VX 8 Cylinder, 4.5 L Twin Turbo

Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R VX 8 Cylinder, 4.5 L Twin Turbo (2008-2020)

Also referred to as: Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R VX 8 Cylinder, 4.5 L Twin Turbo 2019 and Toyota LandCruiser 200 VDJ200R VX 8 Cylinder, 4.5 L Twin Turbo 2021.

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

comfortable highway cruiser and excellent tow vehicle BUT

comfortable highway cruiser and excellent tow vehicle. have to pay way too much for way too little. basic inclusions - no seat heaters, accessory plug in rear ,lumber support adjustment, stereo controls steering wheel and poor standard insulation. high depreciation
I would rather go off road in my old 75 troopy

Purchased in May 2015 for $44,000.00.

Noise Level
Comfort

Ben

Ben

The best family 4x4 vehicle

Toyota landcruiser 200 vx very comfortable vehicle my kids loves it in every trip. Quite cabin and torquey engine. The stock suspension is amazing. Drive it off road and it will just take it easy with the help of its traction control you don't need differential locker in my opinion.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

LindanMelbourne

If you can afford one, buy one.

What a beast of a vehicle
Pulls like a train
Plenty of room, nice and comfy and suites a large variety purposes
Would recommend the LC 200 to anyone with pockets deep enough to hold the cash you need to buy one
The Sahara was on my wish list but the VX was what we ended up buying and are very happy
We’ll be pulling a 3t van around our great country soon and will let you know how we (and the cruiser) go

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Paul Lawton

Paul LawtonSydney

No fuss

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Evelyn

Evelyn

Nearly a 5 star rating

I have owned other 4x4 before but this one is the best one yet but is just a bit heavy on fuel consumption average 14.5l/100klms not loaded and 18.6l/100klms towing a 2.6 ton caravan. The suspension is a bit soft for towing poly airbags and load levelers made a massive improvement.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Harry

HarrySouthern and Hills, SA

Best car I have ever had

The heading states it all, love my VX 200 series landcruiser. It's smooth and uses far less fuel than it could for a car of its size. Perhaps the only bad thing would be that I needed to upgrade the suspension to tow. It sagged in the back with standard suspension.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

2016 landcruiser vibration

Mine is the VX with vibration through steering wheel amplified when towing and fatigues the body, absolutely disgraceful for any car especially their flagship vehicle. Has been back in total they have probably had it for 20 days back and forth, electrical issues engine cut our on freeway The worst car i have ever owned cannot wait to finish my 2yr lease. Toyota have tried to fix it but cant and like the other writer was told tough its just what landcruiser does. My y62 patrol is streets ahead a better vehicle gave that to my wife enjoy it so much when im back in that.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Gary C

Gary C

2016 Landcruiser 200 VX

Date PurchasedOct 2016

NNairCountry NSW

Great family wagon

Family of 5 comfort. Great on road and lots of handy features. We live in country nsw and on the highway beats kluger. Fuel us was 11.7 but early days yet. Good reach and comfort for main driver, lots of controls on wheel and feels solid in road. Great car pity all taxes add

Date PurchasedApr 2017
ENDURANCE RIDER

ENDURANCE RIDERSouth East Queensland, QLD

Landcruiser 20 Vx Model

I traded my LC 200 Anniversary Edition which had 66,000K on the clock.
So I have now purchased the VX model, which has a lot more Bells and Whistles.
Again Toyota LandCruisers are absolutely Awesome Machines.
Do they have a downside, yes they are difficult to park in tight car parks. But that is a small negative compared to the magnificent on road performance.
I use the LC200 VX to tow my 2 Horse Float with Kitchen and bed etc. it goes up the challenging steep Toowoomba Range like it has nothing on the back.
I always feel secure in the car with and without the Horse Float.
Final word Absolutely Amazing Machine, which have amazing resale value.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Janice

JaniceKurrimine Beach

We've waited a long time for this luxury

We have just bought a Toyota VX 200 series, we cannot express the joy we feel about the luxury. We thought it would have been heavier on diesel, but to our surprise it's the same as our old 80 series. We look forward to doing road trips now, so comfortable, with all the extras. Electric everything. We are planning to purchase a caravan in the next year or so - can't wait so we can tow it with our new VX around Australia

Date PurchasedDec 2016

AJEaster

AJEasterPort Macquarie

Does what it should

Date PurchasedJul 2016

2016 200 series VX, great for towing terrrible for comfort

Sure it has great pulling power but our y62 patrol is hands down a better vehicle on the tarmac we only tow and never go off-road so cant compare in that space but the steering in the landcruiser is bloody heavy and ever so slight vibration that comes through the steering wheel causes discomfort in arms. Ive had it from new towed a boat to QLD and 2 weeks later i still have an aching arm, never get these issues from our nissan as soon as practice (when its a year old) im going to sell it hopefully the success of the dodge ute will bring other big capable tow vehicles giving us a choice other than toyota. The nissan when towing the range of travel avail is a let down but choice of driving id take my wife's patrol 9 times out of 10.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Very good but could be improved

Just sold my 2013 Landcruiser 200 VX after 65000 stress free kilometers and was blown away by resale value. Mine was really quiet inside for a V8 and we found it very comfortable. Although mine was used daily it proved to be an excellent tow vehicle (3T caravan) with reliability that exceeded my expectations. My only suggestion would be Toyota should look at the VW Bluetooth system as mine was pretty ordinary when compared to the wife's VW. Nevertheless I am taking possession of my new VX soon because once you have had one, you will know why it is called "King of the Road".

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Pat

PatGold coast

Price

Just seen in one of the reviews that someone paid $95k for a GXL. I went to a few dealers on the gold coast and I was quoted ridiculous numbers for a VX. I went back to our usual dealer Oldmac in Springwood and as usual I got a great deal (i think) i got my VX for $94k. I don't work for or have anything to do with these guys but honestly we have now bought our tenth vehicle over eight years from them between Mazdas and Toyota and no other dealership has ever come even close to their prices. Highly recommended excellent no pressure service. Which when it comes to car buying it's truly rare. Pat Flynn.

sandtWA

2016 Toyota LandCruiser 200

Strategy

Strategybrisbane

Not as good as earlier models for noise

Have just completed 7000 km in 3.5 months - great engine and torque - vehicle very noisy unless in 6th but towing requires 5th gear - am disappointed in engine noise as very noticeable in 4th and 5th at 2000 revs-
Have had previous Toyotas and did not notice noise as much - last vehicle was v6 diesel with about 550 of torque and could not hear the engine.

VX 200 series Satellite Navigation is rubbish

Have had my 200 series diesel VX coming up 2 years. My 6th Landcruiser so I am obviously a fan but I cannot understand why they would put in a satellite navigation system that just does not function properly. This goes against everything that Landcruisers stand for. I lose GPS signal regularly and this has caused me some anxious moments in Sydney. Also directions by voice are quite late and distance to intersections consistently overstated. The whole unit has been replaced once and so has the "card". I have seen a Toyota advice to dealers that complaining customers should be told that it is a problem inherent with the unit and its "just the way it is." Very poor form and very un-Toyota like in my experience.

Kris

KrisIreland

Problems after 8 months

ScottyIllawarra, NSW

GPS out of date on new vehicle

See all Toyota LandCruiser 200 reviews