Toyota LandCruiser 70

Toyota LandCruiser 70 Questions & Answers (page 4 of 6)

VDJ, HDJ/HZJ (See All)
Listing monitored by Toyota

106 questions from our users

nino
ninoasked
LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2022)

Hi does any one know where is the fuel pump is on a vdj 79 series single cab is located or fuse? thanks

Phil G
Phil G

There is no fuel pump at the tank. Fuel is drawn from each tank by the injection pump on the motor.

Duck
Duckasked
LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2022)

Hi I have a 2010 vdj79 ute and my steering is very stiff ! Have put a reco box in and still have free play and stiff steering. Any ideas?

carmoda
carmoda

do you have larger than standard wheels? what tyres and tyre pressure are you running? note these are a serious 4WD and as a result have steering dampeners in them so of course they have play.

Country bloke
Country bloke

Your power steering pump belt could be slipping or broken, pump oil low, power steering pump failed or an air lock in the system, is fluid returning to the fill tank, should be no free play.

Henrick Moro
Henrick Moroasked

Hello
I bought a 79 model Efi v8 Australian spec Toyota land cruiser open back. Need to replace the bonnet heat protector over.
Where do we find it, want to buy it?

Jim Franciscoasked

Fuel problem
I have a problem with my 2012 V8cruiser, it starts up first thing in the morning then 30/40 seconds stall, I prime the filter and get it going and then its all good for the rest of the day, I can drive it to work let it sit foe 12-13 hours and not a problem leave it over night and we go through the start again. I have replaced the filters check the fuel lines loosened the fuel cap all to no avail, I'm thinking electrical, any thoughts out there?

Whitecloud
Whitecloud

Hey,
Really appreciate the comments, not to sure about glow plugs though as it starts first go, I like the fuel pump idea and the DTC.
REGARDS

SafariDave
SafariDave

Same thing happened to me seemd fuel issue but it was battery.Try a new starting battery.Make sure you clear ECU, when battery is out turn ignition to start to remove all residue power.

Iggy Giranah
Iggy Giranahasked
LandCruiser 70 HDJ/HZJ (1996-2006)

Have a landcruiser 70 series, 3rd and 4th gear popping out. What's the problem or fault? Name of part(s) needing replacement? Please help!

gordon
gordonasked
LandCruiser 70

is a 6 cylinder 79 series rear diff housing interchangable with a disc brake housing of a 75 series 1998 model?

Riggsy
Riggsyasked
LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2022)

Love my dual cab ute but have a question for anyone who may live in far noth WA , NT or QLD , if any one has a scan gauge what temps are your cars running at on a hot day, mine says 93 - 95 degvwhen at 115 to 125 below 100 cools down to mid 80,s is this normal , temp at home is around 40 to 43 at the moment .Thanks

Peter S
Peter S
PigFucker76
PigFucker76asked
LandCruiser 70 HDJ/HZJ (1996-2006)

Hi i just bought a 2003 toyota landcruiser trayback and it won,t go 90 in 4th and that is with excelerator flat to the floor and the same if i change into 5th it loses power and i am lucky to get 90km withb pedal flat to the floor i known there is drastically wrong but i don,t have a clue can anyone help me with this problem cheers thanks

Maca
Maca

Changed the fuel filter?

Bbrrrr
Bbrrrr

Get it serviced perhaps and tell them the issues???

Mr dasked
LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2022)

Got 2013 V8 ute has a problem when driving at speed around a left hand turn the the power dips dramatically for a split second as if a fuel blockage,but this happens only on a left hand turn. Please advise?

Ian F
Ian F
Mr d

Yes had some mods,turbo exhaust intercooler remap,fuel manager,my glitch is more frequent doesn't sound like modifications,also asked Toyota but they are clueless

Fran O
Fran O

My 2007 V8 Ute was doing the same thing. I fitted an electric lift pump to it an it fixed the problem.

Vicarasked
LandCruiser 70 HDJ/HZJ (1996-2006)

I have a 2002 4.2 turbo land cruiser that comes up with infrequent engine light fault accelerator pedal switch. Had this replaced at quite a cost but problem still occurs. mainly when slowing at corner or when sitting at traffic lights. Easy to reset but not good when accelerate to get across traffic and it goes into crawl mode. Any advise would be really appreciated

Jakes
Jakes

hi there,

I have had this issue before, if you look at the owners manual you will see that this could be due to your input bearing shaft. I would contact whoever fixed this and ask them to advise why it has not been resolved.

Vicar

Thanks for that, not sure why it comes up accelerator switch for if its the input bearing shaft but will ask the question

Rey
Reyasked

Hi Guys,

I have a Toyota Landcruiser 70's series and am looking to buy a modern dash kit, to make the car look good . Kindly advice?

AM70
AM70asked
LandCruiser 70

Hey guys, I have a 79 Series dual cab 2017 cruiser & I'm trying to work out how to set up my dual battery system in the car. Im thinking of putting a 3rd battery in the back where fridge will sit & Im wanting to use the Redarc BC/DC charger. Would anybody know if I need to keep the BC/DC charger where the 3rd battery is or can I put it under the bonnet where the 2nd battery will sit? Or would anybody have any better ideas??

KateW

From recent chats to people I gather that you can put them near the rear passengers, and it's better to have the bcdc system near the batteries? hope that helps.

Faisalasked
LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2022)

I hav double cab v8 cruiser 1vd engine has done onmy 33500km bought last year and the clucth is slippin sometimes any idea why

Dave L
Dave L

Is the engine chipped? If so this would not be an uncommon problem.

Faisal

No its not chipped just installed performance exhaust like 2months ago n it started and it does not do it al the time its like when u accelerate hard on gear 3 and 4 when u lookin for the torque thats when it does

mark
mark

These vehicles are well known for clutch slipping, if you get warranty it might be a good idea to put a heavier clutch in.
I would try for a new clutch under warranty, put a few dollars in to get a heavy duty one.

Anthonyasked
LandCruiser 70

Hi guys we have 2 duel cabs 2016 mods. Both of them are using oil. oil light comes on. as they are due for service. Has anyone else has this much oil used. Example oil reading at the bottom of the dip stick

Disappointed
Disappointed
Anthony

Yeah ok thank you for that.

Tabish Lodhi
Tabish Lodhiasked
LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2022)

Hi I have a problem with my Toyota landcruiser 70 series that when I take turn left or right at speed of 50 - 60 km/hr the vehicle strat bubbling so badly and I must have to stop the vehicle this phenomenon sometimes happens when vehicle go straight also . So please if any one know about the solution kindly tell me.

Matt
Matt
Mack
Mackasked
LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2022)

Hi my 2013 dual cab cruiser ABS goes of with heavy braking at any speed on slippery surface I mean shudders and makes loud growling noise through the foot pedal Toyota are telling me this is normal can anyone confirm?
Mack

Simon295

Yes that's normal with the abs on the cruisers.

worried caffeine addict
worried caffeine addictasked
LandCruiser 70

We own a 2007 LandCruiser Sahara (deisel) & to date it has been a wonderful vehicle. It has done 200k klm & has had nothing major go wrong with it. Recently it started to run a bit rough whilst idling & we took it straight to a Toyota Dealer, who has been great. We have now been informed that it has suffered 'dust damage' & repairs will cost $20k. Taking into account that this vehicle has never done off-road driving (we like them for the safety aspect), & from the tarred road to our driveway is a 300 metres of dirt road,

My question is, has anyone had anything similar happen?

Rogerasked
LandCruiser 70 HDJ/HZJ (1996-2006)

I inherited my son's 1994 Landcruiser Diesel Ute. We do less than 5000klm annually. I believe that the recommended service interval is 10000klm or 6 months. Due to the low annual mileage and our financial position, I wonder what a reasonable time interval is? I understand that the engine oil breaks down, but is this use related or a time thing?

Jeff
Jeff

10000km no problems but always change the filter and oil at the same time

Roger

So, at 5000klm annually, it's ok to go 2 years between services.

Janet Jonesasked
LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2022)

Hi Guys, Looking at buying a 2008 GXL Landcruiser ute with 280,000 ks. Any info on this model would be greatly appreciated, good or bad. Asking price is $36,000...Thanks :)

John

I would have a diesel mechanic check the motor re oil usage

Thanks John very much for your reply, will do.... Janet

Antoinette C
Antoinette C
Peter
Peterasked
LandCruiser 70

What's the difference between the 70 and 79 series landcrusier Utes and what's better for 4wd the hilux or one of the landcrusier Utes?

Steven
Steven

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota LandCruiser 70