Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL Single-Cab

Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL Single-Cab (2007-2022) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL Single-Cab 2021 and Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL Single-Cab 2023.
Listing monitored by Toyota

2 questions from our users

Craig Jasked
VDJ GXL Single-Cab (2007-2022)

Hi, the gear changes in my 2018 79 series can be a bit clunky sometimes, like the syncro is not working properly but is perfect other times - depends on revs when changing gears.

Is this normal?

Shooter

Yes I think it’s normal. I have a 2013 dual cab same gearbox and have experienced the situation u describe. It’s a light truck gearbox not a sport car gearbox. The only times I hear a crunch r if I change too quickly or use too many revs.

thanks

Tom
Tomasked
VDJ GXL Single-Cab (2007-2022)

G’day guys, I’ve got a single cab gxl Ute with 180,000 on the clock, I’ve found that when I reverse sometimes the cab feels like it’s jumping up and down, also when I look out the back window on bumpy roads I see movement between the cab and the tray headboard, wondering if there’s something wrong with the chassis or if anyone else has experienced this. Kinda hard to explain but hopefully you get what I mean

Diab0lus
Diab0lus

Clutch shudder?

Shooter

Check all the mounting bolts for tray and cab.

See all Toyota LandCruiser 70 questions

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL Single-Cab (2007-2022)

Other Utes