Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ WorkMate Single-Cab

Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ WorkMate Single-Cab (2007-2022)

Also referred to as: Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ WorkMate Single-Cab 2021 and Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ WorkMate Single-Cab 2023.
See the Best Utes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

Dave
DavePerth, WA

Toughest 4x4 on earth, goes anywhere, insanely reliable

I bought this with 200,000km on it, I have had it for 9 years and it now has 412,000km on the original engine! This is by far the best 4x4 I have ever owned and the price of these vehicles is totally worth it, no other 4x4 comes close to the durability of the VDJ79. My mechanic showed me a comparison of suspension components from Hilux compared to my 70 series, the difference in strength is chalk and cheese. I have done basic services most of the time, this ute just goes and goes. The best thing about the VDJ 70 series is that they hold their value like no other vehicle... you can do 100,000-200,000 km and it might devalue $10k or less. Unreal.

Purchased in June 2011.

Year2011

Will never buy a toyota again

Had to have the rear brakes replaced and the rotors ground under 50,000K at my cost, the clutch is slipping under 60,000K and needs to be replaced with a heavy duty clutch and pressure plate at my cost, the brakes fail to stop the vehicle on rough gravel roads and are in my opinion dangerous, warranty void owing to after market exhaust and wheels installed. Will put another 100,000K on and trade it in on anything but a Toyota.

BadgeWorkMate
Body(79R) Single Cab Chassis
Date PurchasedApr 2014
J.H.
J.H.AU

Great Ute!

I picked up my 2007, 79 series V8 turbo Diesel ute around 7 years ago with 65,000kms on it. I've just hit 260,000km's. What an incredible work car it's been. Never let me down. Built like a tank, powerful engine & great to drive. Interior is basic, but suits my needs as a builder. I do things with it that shouldn't be done & drive it hard. I can't see myself changing to another ute anytime soon. The mods it had on it when purchased were a diesel chip, after market cruise control, tipper & rear airbags. I simply can't fault this car.

BadgeWorkMate
Body(79R) Single Cab Chassis
Date PurchasedSept 2007

Ibby H.
Ibby H.asked
VDJ WorkMate Single-Cab (2007-2022)

Hi guys I have a 2008 79 series single cab turbo v8. My car sometimes won't start it will crank not fire up or fire up then stall within seconds. If i disconnect the battery and re connect most the time does the trick but could sometimes take hours before it fires up and runs. Sometimes when I turn the car off and key is still in the ignition in the off position the 2 efi relays start clicking and sometimes the 2 glow plug relays aswell.. but will stop when I turn the key to on.. even the key out I've also noticed when I put my foot on the brake with the ignition in off the relays start ticking away aswell.. its really annoying I've swapped relays checked battery terminals checked fuses checked ignition switch checked immobiliser sprayed contact cleaner on everything and problem is still there please any help will be much appreciated

Ozybloke
Ozybloke
See all Toyota LandCruiser 70 questions

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ WorkMate Single-Cab (2007-2022)

Compare all 10 Toyota LandCruiser 70
CategoryCars and Utes
Starting Price $74,581.00
TransmissionManual
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDiesel