Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ WorkMate Single-Cab

Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ WorkMate Single-Cab (2007-2022) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ WorkMate Single-Cab 2021 and Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ WorkMate Single-Cab 2023.
Listing monitored by Toyota

1 question from our users

Ibby H.
Ibby H.asked
VDJ WorkMate Single-Cab (2007-2022)

Hi guys I have a 2008 79 series single cab turbo v8. My car sometimes won't start it will crank not fire up or fire up then stall within seconds. If i disconnect the battery and re connect most the time does the trick but could sometimes take hours before it fires up and runs. Sometimes when I turn the car off and key is still in the ignition in the off position the 2 efi relays start clicking and sometimes the 2 glow plug relays aswell.. but will stop when I turn the key to on.. even the key out I've also noticed when I put my foot on the brake with the ignition in off the relays start ticking away aswell.. its really annoying I've swapped relays checked battery terminals checked fuses checked ignition switch checked immobiliser sprayed contact cleaner on everything and problem is still there please any help will be much appreciated

Ozybloke
Ozybloke

Hi ibby. I wish I could help but have no experience with this type of problem. My mates 09 79 series has been to 4 mechanics including 2 very reputable diesel mechanics, for a problem along similar ish" lines as yours but they cant diagnose. It can be so frustrating I understand! Especially when you/we have another mate whom has a old td42 gq that hasn't missed a beat' not one problem in 15 years that he brought for $1500 in bermagui, and we said he was mad to drove 6 hours to get it. He proved us wrong. grrr, goodluck with it mate.

See all Toyota LandCruiser 70 questions

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ WorkMate Single-Cab (2007-2022)

Other Utes