Toyota LandCruiser 200

570 questions from our users

SarahnBrett G.

SarahnBrett G.asked

LandCruiser 200

Cruise control not turning on. Light globes are all in good condition and operating. Does anyone have a clue on this one???

Darryl H.

Sarahn you must go to a Toyota dealer

Daveasked

LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel VX (2012-2021)

I have a 4/2014 manufactured 200 series VX, (odo 28,000 Kms) as we primarily use it for going bush towing a van. The Sat nav came standard with the VX series (also GXL & Sahara) and is TOYOTA Branded. We have ongoing issues with the Sat nav “unable to locate the satellite.”
This is a perplexing issue as around town (Metropolitan Perth, WA), it just cannot find the satellite. But when we go out in the bush, after a day or so day, it is quite able to find the satellite and lock on to it and is reliable.
We had put up with it for a while and on a recent visit for a service to the TOYOTA dealership, where we bought it from new, were told quite directly on the phone by the Service Dept that we had “added it on and it was an option.” I have the original TOYOTA brochure (at home) that shows it came as standard but they would not accept that.
They rang me and wanted to start taking the dashboard to pieces until I said quite plainly NO!.
If it works out of town and worked without issue for several years in the metro area, it doesn’t need the dash pulled apart to diagnose.
Any clues to why? and is there any software/map updates that can be done and if so, how?
Thanks kindly.

Darryl H.

Am confused Dave as you say you bought it new so why wasnt it sorted out whilst under warranty provided it was in the car when you picked it up,there is an update for the GPS you can purchase,plus front up with the brochure and show them and if they dont accept that take legal as you will win,odo 28000ks or should it be 280000!!!

Darryl,
Thanks for your comments, appreciated.

Odo is 28K, not 280k, in short in mint condition.
Our previous 80 series we had from new for 20 years only had 157k on it when we sold it and the guy who bought it could not get over the immaculate condition of it and the “still new car smell inside,” so you get an idea of how much we use the LC200. But the 80 would not tow out new van whereas the LC200 does have the power to do so.
The LC200 is mainly used for towing our off-road caravan. We have our town car, so the LC200 is permanently garaged except for regular short metro trips to keep everything “oiled and in good working condition.” And of course, the message of “looking for satellite” is always there.
The issue really started just out of warranty period and as stated, when we go bush, sorts itself out after the first day or so didn’t really concern me as I don’t use the sat nav in the metro area.
The Toyota Dealership gave me those answers I quoted, late last year.
But last weekend, we did a 150km trip (metro area) and it was all over the place, which got up my wife’s goat with “can you get that sorted out please!”
Hence why I placed this up for comment.

So, if there is a software update, it beggars belief why Toyota did not even consider it or offer it……. or did their service even have any idea there is an update?
I presume the s/w update is only available “to buy” from Toyota who must install it?

Monica D.

Monica D.asked

LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel (2012-2021)

While i was about to pull into a car park my car ztopped moving the motor was still running but the car would not move in forwarx or reverse. On the dash the anti skid light was on and had been on for about 10 minutes of driving. Please help

Darryl H.

Monica as with all problems with high tech cars that the user has a lot of times it is a simple answer and one of the most important things you must do is read the book over and over as there will be an answer there,if not you go to a Toyota dealer only

Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptistasked

LandCruiser 200

Is there a way or modification to allow you to fit 200 series VX rims to a 200 series GX?

Darryl H.

They are the same stud pattern so they will fit

Clifford W.

Clifford W.asked

LandCruiser 200

Windscreen on my 2016 Toyota LandCruiser 200 was hit today just after the gateway bridge south bound by a stone or similar resulting in a crack instantly, has anyone any experience in getting this replaced and by who ? thanks in advance

Cliff

Darryl H.

Cliff National Windscreens are the best pricewise,dont go to Toyota because if yours has the the radar in it they will charge up to $3000 to fix

Frederick S.

Frederick S.asked

LandCruiser 200

All my cameras stopped working at once in my lc 200 series. What could be the problem?

Paul Ottoyp
Paul Ottoyp

I have the same (Paul Brussels) can somebody help. Dealer has no answer

Matt

Mattasked

Hi all,
I have a 2014 Altitude with 220k on the clock
Recently while driving on country roads and only once I hit a speed of 100km to 110km there is a intermittent buzzing noise that comes and goes doesn’t do it at any other speed range anyone got any ideas?

D C.asked

LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel Sahara (2012-2021)

2020 Sahara- don’t think it comes with hill start assists? Does it have an emergency braking system? The active cruise control will not work under 50k/hr?? And the front parking sensors only at either corners? The power mode and the eco mode both produce the same kms and both tank combine city driving will yield just 700km diesel.

Darryl H.

Dont quit understand with hill start assist ie if you are on a hill and its in D it will move forward with acceleration,it does have emergency braking as it will start beeping to warn you its going to stop,parking sensors are 2 on the front and rear only and can be turned off,i doubt fuel will be the same if only in power mode as against eco mode because if you want more power you are going to use more fuel,you should get at least 900ks out of full tank,some claim 1000 or 1200 ks which is rubbish,the most important thing to do is read the book several times until you get it right,i am on my 6th 200 series and not one bit of trouble,suggest you put a secondary fuel filter on(do it yourself) and only buy genuine Toyota filters plus ease your foot off a bit

D C.

Hello, thanks. That emergency brake system is that you still roll downhill a bit before it beeps and brakes etc so it will hit car at rear if it’s close...what I mean for those sensors was the rear is ok but that front you need to go very slow to sense unlike other car that got 4 it will beep long before you get there. Fuel eco and power I did tested-full tank for each mode they are exactly the same-700km. Over the same route everyday. Highway to the danger zone may be 1000km but not in the suburban streets in Sydney. I have had the first straight 6 100 series GXL back in yr 2000, then the same series Sahara a couple of years later, I then changed to ranger rover sport in 2005 drove 2 models for 10 yes then changed to Mercedes GLE then to this one.

D C.

Also when you on a steep hill on full stop. Then release Brake it will go backwards then the emergency brake whereas other brand car with electronic brakes will hold itself so all you have to do is to accelerate to go. I think it’s call hill hold on other cars...

Emma D

Emma Dasked

Hi
We have a Sahara with built in DVD players, looking for how people are using HDMI port for movies, I cant seem to get anything to work. Or has anyone had any luck with lighting to HDMI cable and what were you playing through it?

Peter W.asked

LandCruiser 200

I have lost audio, reverse camera and navigation. When i try to do anything, it tells me "external systems not connected" Bluetooth and phone works, but no use of the main speakers. I have a 2008 200 series sahara Landcruiser. Any ideas? It cut out, then came back next day till i turned it off in town. From then nothing! It sucks.

Darryl H.

Peter it,s a 13 year old car and probably done a lot of hard ks,only Toyota could reboot the entire system to find the fault in my opinion

thanks bro!

Johnasked

LandCruiser 200

I have a 2000 L/C saraha. My front camera won't come on anymore. They used to. Works ok when in 4WD. Is there a setting that I've changed somewhere along the way?

Darryl H.

I presume you mean 2020 Sahara!!,if so its under warranty John take it back to your dealer but read your book first on the operation of those cameras on the front and your side mirrors,plus check your spelling a bit!!!!

John

Hi Darryl, sorry I meant it a 200 series 2017 L/C saraha. And out of warranty. [ Spelling is a bit rough] Have you ever tried reading the BOOK?

Dave L

Dave Lasked

can I enter town’s & address in my 2020 VX using voice commands

I have a 2020 Sahara Horizon and cannot so i doubt your V X will

Rhett

Rhettasked

LandCruiser 200 Mark I (2008-2011)

My 2010 Sahara cooler box isnt cooling any more. The green light is on and the fan works but doesnt cool. Any suggestions for problem?

Peter W.asked

LandCruiser 200

my audio system had failed. Indicates no external systems connected, any ideas please?

Darryl H.

Only Toyota can re- boot the system an thats where you will have go.no doubt they will charge like a wounded bull

Jonathan B

Jonathan Basked

LandCruiser 200

Is the lower tailgate and bumper interchangeable between pre- 2015 models and post- facelift Landcruiser 200 series models? I have some damage to my bumper and lower tailgate and looking to replace.

Darryl H.

Jonathan i am pretty sure they would be but i dont think lights on the upper part are,have had 6 200 series have all the lower lights made into brake and tail for better vision for people behind me

Warren J.

Warren J.asked

LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel Sahara (2012-2021)

Our reverse cameras have stopped working on our 2014 Sahara. Screen has gone black but has a slight flicker on screen when selecting reverse. This is for rear and side cameras. Anyone else experienced issues?

Darryl H.

Would have to be a dealer solve as they will re-boot the system to find the prob in my opinion

Jason C.

Jason C.asked

LandCruiser 200

Drivers side front door will not lock with the remote or with the button on the handle.
Any ideas as to were to start looking would be appreciated.

Shereeasked

LandCruiser 200

Has anyone had the vibration sorted through the dealer and know what it is.

Darryl H.

Sheree its hard to give an answer with that because you dont when or at what speed or what gear etc,more info is needed

Sheree

Hi. Vibration felt at around 80Km through steering wheel. My husband says it feels like it's the harmonic bal. Over the years plenty of people have made comments about this but I can't find any follow up if it was found out the exact problem and if Toyota fixed it.

wayne c.

wayne c.asked

LandCruiser 200

LC200 - when reversing LHS mirror faces down- RHS goes UP. Only happened recently- how to fix RHS mirror to turn down instead of up when reversing

Darryl H.

Wayne read the book on how to adjust them for reversing,you will have to start from scratch

Tammy

Tammyasked

LandCruiser 200

2008 Toyota GXL 200 series wagon. Tail lights won’t work. Have checked and tested all fuses etc. Any ideas? All other lights and indicators work just no tail lights when head lights are on.

Darryl H.

Its a 12 year old car and done a lot of Ks,check bulbs first and if ok you may have a power to the lights problem so go to your local auto electrician,thats their job!!

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota LandCruiser 200