7Toyota LandCruiser 200

Mick cameron
Mick cameronBairnsdale Victgoria4 posts
  LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel GX

Great vehicle great staff

I search for two years before I found a vehicle I wanted to buy, it had to have accessories, low is and be able to do what was required in a four wheel drive. Towing etc. I selected a GX 200 series landcruiser 2013. This vehicle is to tow my off road van for extended trips outback as well as a daily drive.

Emma
Emma2 posts

Happy So Far

We've had our LandCruiser 200 series since June, and don't think we'll ever turn back. Has a spacious interior, fits 3 car seats along the middle row nicely, drives well a perfect family car from school runs to off-roading. Has only been taken for one service (which was complimentary) the local dealer offers a complimentary detail along with the service. The dealer was extremely busy on the day our car was booked in - so could not complete the detail - although offered for us to bring the vehicle back at a later date for the detail.

RustynailSouth East Queensland, QLD13 posts
  Verified LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel Sahara
Ben
Ben2 posts
  Verified LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel VX

The best family 4x4 vehicle

Toyota landcruiser 200 vx very comfortable vehicle my kids loves it in every trip. Quite cabin and torquey engine. The stock suspension is amazing. Drive it off road and it will just take it easy with the help of its traction control you don't need differential locker in my opinion.

Naidon
NaidonSouth East Queensland, QLD17 posts

Comfortable car

This is a really comfortable 4wd to drive around. Lots of really good things about it. Some frustrations with the navigation unit being poor, as is toyota form it seems, and some of the alarms and bells can't be turned off, which is annoying. Good long distance tourer. Second major issue is the payload capacity. Toyota need to look at this and address it. Considering so many buy the car as a tourer, tow vehicle, the 650kg capacity is no-where near enough.

Amy
Amy5 posts
  LandCruiser 200 Mark I 4.7 Petrol GXL

Best Family Car

We recently bought a 2011 altitude 200 series. It is amazing to drive. I couldn't believe how comfortable they are on the road. It does love it's fuel. Getting around 14.7L per 100km in town. So looking for better economy when doing more driving which we will be doing next year on our big lap of Oz. We will be towing a 22.6 foot Jayco around and we can't wait!

Nick18
Nick18mackay4 posts

Happy enough

The car is a great drive and tows well, the kids have grown up now so its the cook and I, you could argue its an overstated vehicle for two people which it is but is bought for towing and long trips into central and western Queensland etc

I am a little disappointed in the lack of features for the driver: reversing sensor, fuel management, retracting mirrors etc. all of this was standard with my previous Prado GXL

considering the significant cost its disappointing, I wish I had of bought the VX

never the less a great vehicle.

The dealer is excellent to deal with and would recommend talking to them before purchasing elsewhere.

ptr
ptrbrisbane7 posts

Power and the glory

Had my 2013 Sahara since new, 100,000km of trouble free luxury and hauling tools for work. A great machine to cover large distances easily and comfortably. Economical diesel albeit a twin turbo V8 powerhouse. Love the chiller box and dvd for children in the rear. Plenty of room for the larger framed folk! Reliability is first class.

Andy Merrill
Andy MerrillMelbourne5 posts
good bloke
good bloke4 posts

awesome

Awsome driving experience, quiter than I thought, great steering, excellent on and off road, plenty of space inside, there is nothing to dislike about the interior, easy to clean, and very comfortable for the whole family, it fits everything we need for everyday life or when we go for trips and very affordable running costs, i wish I bought it earlier.

Nat
NatGreenacre14 posts

Great driving experience

chuck
chuck8 posts
  LandCruiser 200 Mark I 4.5L Twin-Turbo DieselVX

Never another Toyota of any description

The 200 has potential, but Toyota's attitude leaves everything to be desired. Starting with a vibration problem at 1800-2000 rpm through the steering, floor and windows (not interested in fixing it) to poor fuel economy (especially when towing) and steering that no one has been able to correct, have seriously diminished the driving experience.

RonnieB
RonnieBPort Macquarie8 posts
  LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel GX
Chris H
Chris HBrisbane17 posts

What a great car

We bought a 2008 Landcruiser 200 series to tow our 28ft caravan. What a perfect towing machine. We have been around Australia and our car did not miss a beat. Toyota really did their homework on this one. Loved driving our cruiser in all weather conditions knowing we were completely safe and the car delivered everything we asked of it.

rick cammansbrisbane23 posts
rick cammans

I had the same problem. Toyota standards are dropping fast for such $X$ at more than $ 84,000 GXL. Look for another car cheaper but as good.

Lindan
LindanMelbourne5 posts
  LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel VX

If you can afford one, buy one

What a beast of a vehicle

Pulls like a train

Plenty of room, nice and comfy and suites a large variety purposes

Would recommend the LC 200 to anyone with pockets deep enough to hold the cash you need to buy one

The Sahara was on my wish list but the VX was what we ended up buying and are very happy

We’ll be pulling a 3t van around our great country soon and will let you know how we (and the cruiser) go

Show details ·  1

Eve13
Eve13Central Queensland, QLD15 posts
  LandCruiser 200 Mark I 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel Sahara

Sahara nothing but the best

We are super impressed with the 2012 Sahara we bought from Carsales a month ago we are the second owners. It rides beautifully and handles extremely well. The interior is very luxurious with lovely cream leathered seats. It has lots of room to move and I love the quality of the stereo sound. Considering its a V8 turbo diesel she runs like a dream and is excellent on fuel we were pleasantly surprised. We also like the Engel fridge plug provided in the back it’s very handy for us. We really are happy with it so far it’s a fantastic vehicle it’s very suitable for our needs.

jamie
jamieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts
  LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel GXL

vibration felt through steering wheel,floor pan

Very disappointed with toyota's response about vibration through steering wheel at aprox 2000 rpm. I excepted no trip computer,even though standard feature in the corolla!!!. (I assumed it had a trip computer for $100,000)The 200 series are roomy,drive reasonbly well,but this vibration is so irritating.The dealer was no help,complained to toyota australia said its chararistics of this vehicle I do remember the demo having no vibration so to reassure myself I wasn't mistaken I went to test drive another vehicle at another dealer, did not have the vibration like ours!!, NOT HAPPY so if its chararistics of this type of vehicle why don't they all do it?????

Rossco
Rossco

Speed Alert

I have just purchased my new cruiser does the 200 series Sahara have Speed Alert and if so how do i set it.

I have tried looking in the operations manual but can not find any thing. Also the voice recognition in not good at all it is really bad.

Gus from Tas
Gus from TasHobart13 posts
Selma H
Selma HAU6 posts

Great car

We love this car.. It is just perfect for a family and looking after it is definitely not as expensive as some of the other cars. We enjoy the family road trips as there is enough room to be comfortable for long drives. Highly recommend Toyota and definitely worth the test drive.

Rob
RobMount Gambier4 posts
  LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel Sahara

Nice car but transmission not the best

Really like the Sahara. Fridge is good, nice comfy seats, seat warmers are nice and warm. Transmission hunts gears too much and dropping in to 6th over 110 is just crazy. Why don’t Toyota fix this? Needs transmission software change. Silky smooth engine. No rattles. High beam should be HID. Overall very happy with purchase.

Dirtridn2002
Dirtridn2002AU13 posts
  Verified LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel GXL
Jess
JessMargaret River7 posts

Top Of The Range

Cannot possibly rate this vehicle any higher! We went from a 2010 Manual Colorado to a 2009 Land Cruiser 200 Series and we are just in heaven <3 We town a race trailer for about 6-8 months of the year which, once packed, is extremely heavy. Our old Colorado was a pain to tow it with but the Cruiser makes it seem as if it weren't there! The space provided throughout the car is also a dream! 3 adults can fit comfortably across the back seat; even two adults and a baby seat. Everyone should own this car!

Goldie
Goldie

Limp mode

Our 200 went into limp mode a lot of times and after a lot of investigating was advised that it would be $13000 + to do fuel pump and injectors and fuel rail. Once when it stopped on me I went to look at the fuses and noticed the primer button sucked down, I pulled off the fuel line to the tank and blew back through it. 20000 ks later it's still going like a dream.

Paul Lawton
Paul LawtonSydney3 posts

joe
joePerth4 posts
  LandCruiser 200 Mark I 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel GXL

Frustrated with fault nobody seems to be able to fix

Bought a 200 series land cruiser o 2008 excellent vehicle till 2013 when travelling from Perth to Carnarvon towing a caravan. 200klms from Perth all the warning lights came on and we went into limp mode Toyota informed me that i needed a new turbo once we reset the fault code and removed the caravan there was no more trouble and I ran it for 2 years till we decided to take another trip so I had the new turbo fitted before we left however after travelling the first 200 (roughly) the fault reoccurred. I would like to know if anyone has had this same problem.

No problem
No problem
king
kingbrisbane6 posts

Great car

such a nice car to drive, you forget you are in a large 4wd. Then when we get off road the performance is still all there. We have multiple heavy trailers to tow and the twin turbo v8 just eats it up! Interior wise it has all the bells and whistles and is super comfy for our family of 6. The only thing I would recommend to people with small kids is, dont let them kick the TV's! Ours cracked one and the quote from repair at toyota was over 5k!

Oldfella
OldfellaHunter Region, NSW35 posts
Overall
Noise Level
Performance
Evelyn
Evelyn15 posts

Nearly a 5 star rating

I have owned other 4x4 before but this one is the best one yet but is just a bit heavy on fuel consumption average 14.5l/100klms not loaded and 18.6l/100klms towing a 2.6 ton caravan. The suspension is a bit soft for towing poly airbags and load levelers made a massive improvement.

Brian Alcock
Design
Harry
HarrySouthern and Hills, SA5 posts
  LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel VX

Best car I have ever had

The heading states it all, love my VX 200 series landcruiser. It's smooth and uses far less fuel than it could for a car of its size. Perhaps the only bad thing would be that I needed to upgrade the suspension to tow. It sagged in the back with standard suspension.

Carlos
Carlos

2016 landcruiser vibration

Mine is the VX with vibration through steering wheel amplified when towing and fatigues the body, absolutely disgraceful for any car especially their flagship vehicle. Has been back in total they have probably had it for 20 days back and forth, electrical issues engine cut our on freeway The worst car i have ever owned cannot wait to finish my 2yr lease. Toyota have tried to fix it but cant and like the other writer was told tough its just what landcruiser does. My y62 patrol is streets ahead a better vehicle gave that to my wife enjoy it so much when im back in that.

Gary C
Gary C10 posts
NNair
NNairCountry NSW150 posts

Great family wagon

Family of 5 comfort. Great on road and lots of handy features. We live in country nsw and on the highway beats kluger. Fuel us was 11.7 but early days yet. Good reach and comfort for main driver, lots of controls on wheel and feels solid in road. Great car pity all taxes add

Show details ·  1

James
JamesPeregian springs4 posts

Trustworthy comfortable transport

We sold our near New XC 90 Volvo to purchase our 2nd hand 2008 Prado so we could travel around Australia, we were going to sell it after twelve months travel and purchase another Volvo, we are so happy wit comfort and reliability of this vehicle that we will be updating to a new one when we return. The Prado we purchased had 240000 K.s on the clock and still runs like new

ENDURANCE RIDER
ENDURANCE RIDERSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

Landcruiser 20 Vx Model

I traded my LC 200 Anniversary Edition which had 66,000K on the clock.

So I have now purchased the VX model, which has a lot more Bells and Whistles.

Again Toyota LandCruisers are absolutely Awesome Machines.

Do they have a downside, yes they are difficult to park in tight car parks. But that is a small negative compared to the magnificent on road performance.

I use the LC200 VX to tow my 2 Horse Float with Kitchen and bed etc. it goes up the challenging steep Toowoomba Range like it has nothing on the back.

I always feel secure in the car with and without the Horse Float.

Final word Absolutely Amazing Machine, which have amazing resale value.

Porch
PorchSmeaton2 posts

Toyota always

Super easy to drive and from inside very quiet and smooth

Would like more cubby holes to stash those necessary bits and pieces

Totally reliable, but it is almost new so should be. Running costs acceptable uses a little extra fuel when towing a caravan. Very pleased with the overall performance of this car I am sure this one will give us the same amazing service that all out past ones have.

alanf