Toyota LandCruiser 200

Toyota LandCruiser 200 (page 2 of 10)

Mark I, Mark II

• Features

TanRod

TanRodHervey Bay

New Batteries - No navigation

We recently replaced our batteries in our Landcruiser, and now the factory fitted navigation system is not picking up GPS signal, and has gone to a default map of Canberra. Is there a anyway that we can fix this ourselves, or is this a trip to our local dealer?
Thanks in advance, Tania

Date PurchasedSept 2014
Tom

Tomadelaide

good and is better

Mick cameron

Mick cameronBairnsdale Victgoria

Great vehicle great staff

I search for two years before I found a vehicle I wanted to buy, it had to have accessories, low is and be able to do what was required in a four wheel drive. Towing etc. I selected a GX 200 series landcruiser 2013. This vehicle is to tow my off road van for extended trips outback as well as a daily drive.

BadgeGX
Date PurchasedNov 2018
Drive4WD

Emma

Emma

Happy So Far

We've had our LandCruiser 200 series since June, and don't think we'll ever turn back. Has a spacious interior, fits 3 car seats along the middle row nicely, drives well a perfect family car from school runs to off-roading. Has only been taken for one service (which was complimentary) the local dealer offers a complimentary detail along with the service. The dealer was extremely busy on the day our car was booked in - so could not complete the detail - although offered for us to bring the vehicle back at a later date for the detail.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

SleepyWoodgate Beach

King of the Road

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Ben

Ben

The best family 4x4 vehicle

Toyota landcruiser 200 vx very comfortable vehicle my kids loves it in every trip. Quite cabin and torquey engine. The stock suspension is amazing. Drive it off road and it will just take it easy with the help of its traction control you don't need differential locker in my opinion.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Naidon

NaidonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Comfortable car

This is a really comfortable 4wd to drive around. Lots of really good things about it. Some frustrations with the navigation unit being poor, as is toyota form it seems, and some of the alarms and bells can't be turned off, which is annoying. Good long distance tourer. Second major issue is the payload capacity. Toyota need to look at this and address it. Considering so many buy the car as a tourer, tow vehicle, the 650kg capacity is no-where near enough.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Amy

Amy

Best Family Car

We recently bought a 2011 altitude 200 series. It is amazing to drive. I couldn't believe how comfortable they are on the road. It does love it's fuel. Getting around 14.7L per 100km in town. So looking for better economy when doing more driving which we will be doing next year on our big lap of Oz. We will be towing a 22.6 foot Jayco around and we can't wait!

BadgeAltitude
Date PurchasedAug 2018
Nick18

Nick18mackay

Happy enough

The car is a great drive and tows well, the kids have grown up now so its the cook and I, you could argue its an overstated vehicle for two people which it is but is bought for towing and long trips into central and western Queensland etc
I am a little disappointed in the lack of features for the driver: reversing sensor, fuel management, retracting mirrors etc. all of this was standard with my previous Prado GXL
considering the significant cost its disappointing, I wish I had of bought the VX
never the less a great vehicle.
The dealer is excellent to deal with and would recommend talking to them before purchasing elsewhere.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

ptr

ptrbrisbane

Power and the glory

Had my 2013 Sahara since new, 100,000km of trouble free luxury and hauling tools for work. A great machine to cover large distances easily and comfortably. Economical diesel albeit a twin turbo V8 powerhouse. Love the chiller box and dvd for children in the rear. Plenty of room for the larger framed folk! Reliability is first class.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Andy Merrill

Andy MerrillMelbourne

Good car except for a very annoying vibration from 1800 to 2100 rpm through steering wheel, feels li

Date PurchasedAug 2015
good bloke

good bloke

awesome

Awsome driving experience, quiter than I thought, great steering, excellent on and off road, plenty of space inside, there is nothing to dislike about the interior, easy to clean, and very comfortable for the whole family, it fits everything we need for everyday life or when we go for trips and very affordable running costs, i wish I bought it earlier.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Nat

NatGreenacre

Great driving experience

Purchased in January 2018.

BoughtUsed
Year2011

Never another Toyota of any description

The 200 has potential, but Toyota's attitude leaves everything to be desired. Starting with a vibration problem at 1800-2000 rpm through the steering, floor and windows (not interested in fixing it) to poor fuel economy (especially when towing) and steering that no one has been able to correct, have seriously diminished the driving experience.

Date PurchasedOct 2008

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Chris H

Chris HBrisbane

What a great car

We bought a 2008 Landcruiser 200 series to tow our 28ft caravan. What a perfect towing machine. We have been around Australia and our car did not miss a beat. Toyota really did their homework on this one. Loved driving our cruiser in all weather conditions knowing we were completely safe and the car delivered everything we asked of it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2012

rick cammansbrisbane

New toyota 200 series under warranty with a painting claim defect denied

Date PurchasedAug 2015
rick cammans

I had the same problem. Toyota standards are dropping fast for such $X$ at more than $ 84,000 GXL. Look for another car cheaper but as good.

LindanMelbourne

If you can afford one, buy one.

What a beast of a vehicle
Pulls like a train
Plenty of room, nice and comfy and suites a large variety purposes
Would recommend the LC 200 to anyone with pockets deep enough to hold the cash you need to buy one
The Sahara was on my wish list but the VX was what we ended up buying and are very happy
We’ll be pulling a 3t van around our great country soon and will let you know how we (and the cruiser) go

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Eve13

Eve13Central Queensland, QLD

Sahara nothing but the best

We are super impressed with the 2012 Sahara we bought from Carsales a month ago we are the second owners. It rides beautifully and handles extremely well. The interior is very luxurious with lovely cream leathered seats. It has lots of room to move and I love the quality of the stereo sound. Considering its a V8 turbo diesel she runs like a dream and is excellent on fuel we were pleasantly surprised. We also like the Engel fridge plug provided in the back it’s very handy for us. We really are happy with it so far it’s a fantastic vehicle it’s very suitable for our needs.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
jamie

jamieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

vibration felt through steering wheel,floor pan

Very disappointed with toyota's response about vibration through steering wheel at aprox 2000 rpm. I excepted no trip computer,even though standard feature in the corolla!!!. (I assumed it had a trip computer for $100,000)The 200 series are roomy,drive reasonbly well,but this vibration is so irritating.The dealer was no help,complained to toyota australia said its chararistics of this vehicle I do remember the demo having no vibration so to reassure myself I wasn't mistaken I went to test drive another vehicle at another dealer, did not have the vibration like ours!!, NOT HAPPY so if its chararistics of this type of vehicle why don't they all do it?????

Date PurchasedJune 2017
See all Toyota LandCruiser 200 reviews

SarahnBrett G.

SarahnBrett G.asked

LandCruiser 200

Cruise control not turning on. Light globes are all in good condition and operating. Does anyone have a clue on this one???

Darryl H.

Sarahn you must go to a Toyota dealer

Daveasked

LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel VX (2012-2021)

I have a 4/2014 manufactured 200 series VX, (odo 28,000 Kms) as we primarily use it for going bush towing a van. The Sat nav came standard with the VX series (also GXL & Sahara) and is TOYOTA Branded. We have ongoing issues with the Sat nav “unable to locate the satellite.”
This is a perplexing issue as around town (Metropolitan Perth, WA), it just cannot find the satellite. But when we go out in the bush, after a day or so day, it is quite able to find the satellite and lock on to it and is reliable.
We had put up with it for a while and on a recent visit for a service to the TOYOTA dealership, where we bought it from new, were told quite directly on the phone by the Service Dept that we had “added it on and it was an option.” I have the original TOYOTA brochure (at home) that shows it came as standard but they would not accept that.
They rang me and wanted to start taking the dashboard to pieces until I said quite plainly NO!.
If it works out of town and worked without issue for several years in the metro area, it doesn’t need the dash pulled apart to diagnose.
Any clues to why? and is there any software/map updates that can be done and if so, how?
Thanks kindly.

Darryl H.

Am confused Dave as you say you bought it new so why wasnt it sorted out whilst under warranty provided it was in the car when you picked it up,there is an update for the GPS you can purchase,plus front up with the brochure and show them and if they dont accept that take legal as you will win,odo 28000ks or should it be 280000!!!

Darryl,
Thanks for your comments, appreciated.

Odo is 28K, not 280k, in short in mint condition.
Our previous 80 series we had from new for 20 years only had 157k on it when we sold it and the guy who bought it could not get over the immaculate condition of it and the “still new car smell inside,” so you get an idea of how much we use the LC200. But the 80 would not tow out new van whereas the LC200 does have the power to do so.
The LC200 is mainly used for towing our off-road caravan. We have our town car, so the LC200 is permanently garaged except for regular short metro trips to keep everything “oiled and in good working condition.” And of course, the message of “looking for satellite” is always there.
The issue really started just out of warranty period and as stated, when we go bush, sorts itself out after the first day or so didn’t really concern me as I don’t use the sat nav in the metro area.
The Toyota Dealership gave me those answers I quoted, late last year.
But last weekend, we did a 150km trip (metro area) and it was all over the place, which got up my wife’s goat with “can you get that sorted out please!”
Hence why I placed this up for comment.

So, if there is a software update, it beggars belief why Toyota did not even consider it or offer it……. or did their service even have any idea there is an update?
I presume the s/w update is only available “to buy” from Toyota who must install it?

Monica D.

Monica D.asked

LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel (2012-2021)

While i was about to pull into a car park my car ztopped moving the motor was still running but the car would not move in forwarx or reverse. On the dash the anti skid light was on and had been on for about 10 minutes of driving. Please help

Darryl H.

Monica as with all problems with high tech cars that the user has a lot of times it is a simple answer and one of the most important things you must do is read the book over and over as there will be an answer there,if not you go to a Toyota dealer only

See all Toyota LandCruiser 200 questions

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota LandCruiser 200

Compare all 13 Toyota LandCruiser 200
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $99,483$132,768$110,718$87,198
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDieselDieselDieselDiesel
Wheels17" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy17" Steel
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Fuel Consumption9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 138 L138 L138 L138 L
Engine8 Cylinder 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel8 Cylinder 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel8 Cylinder 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel8 Cylinder 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel
Engine Code1VD-FTV1VD-FTV1VD-FTV1VD-FTV
Max Power200 @ 3600rpm200kW @ 3000rpm200kW @ 3600rpm200W @ 3600rpm
Max Torque650-1600Nm @ 2600650-1600Nm @ 2600rpm650-1600Nm @ 2600rpm650Nm @ 1600-2600rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Dimensions