7Toyota LandCruiser 200

70%12%18%

Shaun
ShaunAU27 posts

Greatest Ever

All Landcruiser are at the top of the 4WD crew. Tows the dual axle boat trailer like its not there. I can not find much to fault on the vehicle at all. It drives better at 110 to 120 then it does at 100 km. The auto gearbox setting are not right or locked up till at least 110. Also slight steering noise at idle.
Ok 2 years have gone by. I love this car. After 10 thousand kms it has settled in nicely. In the bush or on the freeway it drives spot on. Show details
Nev W
Nev WDiddillibah16 posts

What a great vehicle

Fitted a Tunit and just drove over 100 kms on cruise control and average 7.7 liters per 100 kms. Around town average 12l

Drives as if sitting in a comfortable armchair

Has so many driving aids that it practically drives itself

I loved my 80 series and 100 series but I don't miss them after driving the new one

Cannot fault it.

Jenny
Jenny

Prado 2016 GPS

Picked up brand new Prado in December 2016 being a 10/16 build but so disappointed with GPS. Travelling along the Pacific Highway thru the Kempsy by pass the GPS cancel s the route as it is not on the map. You have to reset your route most GPS systems just keep recalulating till it picks up a road. Doesnt have the road speeds displayed on screen either. It often tells you to turn when there is no road and never ever had a road. Very disappointing by Toyota and absolutely no help from Toyota to amend the issues. Shame on you, Toyota

Janice
JaniceKurrimine Beach3 posts
  LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel VX

We've waited a long time for this luxury

We have just bought a Toyota VX 200 series, we cannot express the joy we feel about the luxury. We thought it would have been heavier on diesel, but to our surprise it's the same as our old 80 series. We look forward to doing road trips now, so comfortable, with all the extras. Electric everything. We are planning to purchase a caravan in the next year or so - can't wait so we can tow it with our new VX around Australia

BazB
BazBAdelaide, SA2 posts

Beware poor quality control

I bought a new current model Landcruiser 200 series in late 2016. Within 6 months, the vehicle has extensive rust underneath, due to inadequate paint finish on the underbody of the vehicle. The factory paint job underneath was totally inadequate, and Toyota and the dealer refused to accept responsibility. They said the vehicle had been taken off-road. I thought that was the idea of buying a 4WD. The vehicle has not been in harsh conditions, merely driven on dirt roads and one visit to the beach, driving on dry sand. Very disappointed with the factory quality control and the company's response.

ScreenX
Tony Duncan
Tony DuncanCapalaba4 posts

The king!!!!

Hi

Just purchased a 2012/200 series land cruiser from Barton's in Capalaba. What a rig!!! Brilliant on the road, magic on the beach and bush. Wife finds it easy to park,tonnes of room and storage. Best car I have ever bought, and also very happy with Barton's for all of there help..

M. Solomon
M. Solomon
  LandCruiser 200 Mark I 4.7 Petrol VX

This was a Christmas present from my husband. 1st ever 4WD. Great to drive on & off road. Love it

Great to drive with easy steering and surprisingly very quiet. Heaps of leg room in front and middle seats. Love how middle seats can be adjusted. Air con great throughout car and gives you air con vent options from front to back. One annoying thing is the navigation/stereo system is behind the times but you can always upgrade yourself. In my opinion, very enjoyable to drive. Love it.

Ron baker
Ron bakerAU4 posts

Landcruiser benefits

Purchased landcruiser primarily for its towing and safety capabilities. This is our fourth landcruiser and we have always found them reliable and felt safe driving them and comfortable at the same time. The interior is spacious and the driver and passengers have plenty of room with regards to comfort. Although the dashboard is well laid out we feel that the hands free phone controls should be more easily accessed while driving ei oln the steering wheel. For the size of the vehicle and the motor the economy is good.

rob.
rob.South East Queensland, QLD24 posts

needs more thought

love the car in every way except for the lack of room for anything such as uhf radios, and storage space to store gear such as recovery gear, so I had to go buy a drawn system and fit that into the back of th car, also the power or cigarete socket in the rear of the car uses too light a guage wiring!

rl
rlsydney11 posts
  LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel GX
Wayne
WayneCanberra8 posts

Great to tow with

Very plain in side doesn't come with the extras that other brands have over priced in today market very old technology and fuel consumption is at least very high should bring back the 6 cyclinder turbo diesel much better on fuel and eazyer to work on leaves more room around engineering to add the extras.

Tui

Robert
Robert2 posts
  Verified LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel Sahara

GPS is disappointing

Picked up car last Tues and went for a quick run around Southern WA, great car to drive but very disappointed in the factory GPS. Maps don't show a lot of the streets, etc. in country towns, even minor sealed roads in country areas are not shown, Routes and Points of interest on GPS cannot be accessed whilst vehicle is moving, causing a lot of grief for my navigator, hence i had to stop every time she wanted to make changes, etc. No visual display on current speed limits or other info. Now looking for a 3rd party system that will work, shouldn't have to do this on a vehicle that is close to $120k. Also can't access the music that's on my mobile phone, both my Jeep and Mazda win hands down in this and GPS.

bill2 posts
  LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel GX

buy another brand

Cliff
CliffSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts
All W
All W3 posts

Air cleaner problems

Has anyone got a fix for air cleaner passing dust without having to fit a snorkel ie any type of pre cleaner The automatic transmission tends change to a lower gear easily whilst travelling through hills while in cruise Fuuel economy ranges from 9.8 lph to 13 lph without van & 16lph to 20.5 lph with

B1RD1E
B1RD1EAU58 posts
SRJ
SRJ3 posts

2016 GXL Hands Free Electrical Noise

The car is great with the exception of the stereo. I have tried several iphones (5, 6 & 7) and all people I am talking to can barely hear me over an electrical buzzing noise. Toyota have replicated the problem and are investigating. Possibly a problem in the series as the car the tested against also had the problem. Going to install a new head unit soon??? but I am not confident this is going to fix. Also very poor on Toyotas part for not having hands free controls on the steering wheel.

Show details ·  2

GEM
GEM
Cruiser LP
Cruiser LPWinston hills24 posts
Carlos
Carlos

2016 200 series VX, great for towing terrrible for comfort

Sure it has great pulling power but our y62 patrol is hands down a better vehicle on the tarmac we only tow and never go off-road so cant compare in that space but the steering in the landcruiser is bloody heavy and ever so slight vibration that comes through the steering wheel causes discomfort in arms. Ive had it from new towed a boat to QLD and 2 weeks later i still have an aching arm, never get these issues from our nissan as soon as practice (when its a year old) im going to sell it hopefully the success of the dodge ute will bring other big capable tow vehicles giving us a choice other than toyota. The nissan when towing the range of travel avail is a let down but choice of driving id take my wife's patrol 9 times out of 10.

Naomi
NaomiPerth, WA4 posts

Perfect vehicle - pure luxury

Bought a 2016 Sahara twin turbo diesel. By far the most superior Landcruiser we have owned. Exceptionally comfortable on long trips. Very happy with the power and performance on road and off road. Touch screen is easy to navigate. Warns you of school zones/ red light cameras etc. Highly recommend this vehicle. Pure luxury.

Steve
Steve
Ebonie
Ebonie

Messages

I have a 2016 Sahara and my old iPhone 6 use to connect perfectly and incoming text messages would pop up on my screen but now have the iPhone 6 Plus and my text messages won't show up on the screen like it use to. I don't have message settings on the screen (can't remember if it previously did)

Peter
PeterGisborne5 posts
ACE
ACEMetropolitan Adelaide, SA21 posts

Fuel economy

I found fuel usage of my 2008 Sahara around 12L/100km. That's with BFG types, ARB bull bar, Longrange tank and drawers, 3 inch exhaust.

I would expect the new model to be be better. I'd be interested to hear from others. The new model has a .5 improvement on fuel.

Coops
CoopsBallarat

Not King off road

Buying the 200 series 2009 Sahara from our local Toyota dealer, with service history. You would expect the car to be workshop checked. Since having the car we have travelled 30k with it. Until 12 weeks ago. Vsc light on . Into dealer 6/8 injectors need replacing, $6200. Insurance company called for fuel related contamination. Not that after 8 weeks, retrieved car. Took to desiel specialist. Said engine has been dusted. Must have been 90% worn out when we got it.Need new engine. Toyota no help. Will be no change from $20000.

Gazza
GazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD14 posts
  LandCruiser 200 Mark I 4.5L Twin-Turbo DieselVX

comfortable tough and reliable

A joy to drive tonnes of power and very comfortable. Very comfortable upright seating. Very quite although a mild resonance at about 1800 rpm. Highway economy 11.5 litres per 100k with several mods and lots of extra weight on board. Towed my 3.5 tonne van (around Australia) with ease and ecomony 16 to 20 litres per 100 depending on hills and head winds, no reliability issues in 100, 000klm but hard on front tyres around town, bump the pressures up to 40psi will help. Have done some serious off road work e.g Simpson Desert, handles it with ease and without a mark

Fires
Fires
  Verified LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel VX

Very good but could be improved

Just sold my 2013 Landcruiser 200 VX after 65000 stress free kilometers and was blown away by resale value. Mine was really quiet inside for a V8 and we found it very comfortable. Although mine was used daily it proved to be an excellent tow vehicle (3T caravan) with reliability that exceeded my expectations. My only suggestion would be Toyota should look at the VW Bluetooth system as mine was pretty ordinary when compared to the wife's VW. Nevertheless I am taking possession of my new VX soon because once you have had one, you will know why it is called "King of the Road".

Barney
BarneyBallarat8 posts

Re. fuel consumption

I must dispute fuel consumption figures from some contributors for the diesel engine!

I'm touring now in a 2T van and have covered 10k so far. I keep accurate figures, via Road Trip app. Fuel used towing the van depends on speed (I travel@95-100kmph on speedo), wind, terrain, technique, and I average 17-20L/100k. Without the van 14-15L100k, with a loaded roof rack on and the car is packed to 3500kg. Running about at home, roof rack on empty, lightly loaded, 12/13L/100k. (I also have a torque converter lock-up kit fitted, which makes a fair difference.) These figures are honest and accurate!

kerbarb
kerbarbAdelaide, South Australia21 posts

Love the car - Tow 3 ton Caravan

I am currently looking at reviews for my son who is thinking of buying a work horse. Have read many reviews on many cars, it appears to me that all cars have a lottery associated to it, as how it is going to perform. To balance some of the comments made about the Landcruiser 200 series, I've had mine from new. (2013). I've done 85k. I have not had any problems with it at all. Comfortable and tows my 3 Ton van with ease. Love this car.

deletedSouth East Queensland, QLD49 posts
  Verified LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel GXL

Wal
Wal
Pat
PatGold coast2 posts

Price

Just seen in one of the reviews that someone paid $95k for a GXL. I went to a few dealers on the gold coast and I was quoted ridiculous numbers for a VX. I went back to our usual dealer Oldmac in Springwood and as usual I got a great deal (i think) i got my VX for $94k. I don't work for or have anything to do with these guys but honestly we have now bought our tenth vehicle over eight years from them between Mazdas and Toyota and no other dealership has ever come even close to their prices. Highly recommended excellent no pressure service. Which when it comes to car buying it's truly rare. Pat Flynn.

Richard
RichardSydney25 posts
Rocky road
Rocky road22 posts

Turbo issues

Turbo problems between 100,000Km and 200,000Km are not uncommon. This is an expensive repair if it is the RHS or passenger side turbo as some take the motor out while others drop the transmission. I currently have my Sahara in the repair shop and it has been there for more than 20 days awaiting repair. It is in Alice I am in Port Lincoln. I am wondering about possible class action.