7Toyota LandCruiser 200

70%12%18%

kmcraigs
kmcraigs
  LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel GXL

Good

Would be a great vehicle if this problem can be fixed. Everyone knows the damage dust can do to a motor. I noticed this after 3000 km. What if I had waited till the recommended 30 000km?
Great to drive,plenty of power(diesel gxl model)
Have noticed dust in wrong side of aircleaner, was fitted with a new aircleaner box and aircleaner but still the problem is there Show details
pindot
pindot
  LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel VX
leejon
leejon
  LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel GXL

Bad

GXL 200 diesel have always had a toyota, but would have my old GXL 100 series back. feel very unstable when on dirt road with this new car, wouldn't recommend it. toyota have lost a new car buyer,
glad to see a/c all the way through. comfy and roomy. quiet no road noise. lots of power.
doesn't handle dirt road corrugations when towing horse float lots of drifting, unstable, aqua planes on wet bitumen, no fridge plug in rear area, floaty on road Show details
M.Allen
M.Allen

There is the KDSS suspension system that will help with that problem. unfortunately it was not a standard option on GXL diesel until late 2009. You can get the system put in now but will cost a little extra over the $2500 option cost.

dobjan
dobjanAU
  LandCruiser 200 Mark I 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel

Turbo noise, looking for comments/answers

18000km trouble free motoring in great car,no oil consumption, towing 2.5tonne caravan. Also 2tonne boat/trailer combo.

Just developed turbo "chirping" noise at 2500rpm under load. Not present above or below rpm but I can make it last all the way to the top of the hill. I don't think it's waste compressed air.

Anyone got the same or am I the lucky one

Dealer says "normal"
Best 4x4 I've had...................but
Dealer head in the sand approach Show details ·  1

Warren1968
Warren1968
  Mark I

Good

Excellent. As mentioned if Toyota would have added just a couple of extras, i.e. ipod adapter and extra power outlets in the rear they would have really nailed it.
Comfort, overall comfort. Did a huge trip from Bundy to the Isa, over two days, a considerable difference to our last 4X4.
Tail shaft issues, had one replaced and the vehicle and now appears to require a second.
paul53
paul53
  LandCruiser 200 Mark I 4.7 Petrol Sahara

Good

Much smoother and more powerfulthan previous model. More general refinement but annoyed because some bean counter at Toyota deleted "standard" options as mentioed above. Also annoying non IPod interface on sat nav radio setup.

Otherwise pretty happy.
Power, interior room, 6 speed auto, NVH (lack of)dash layout
No power outlets in rear, no sub tank, no memory seats (unlike my previous Sahara), tailshaft issues (finally replaced under wty),3rd row seats difficult to remove (I have taken them out)

LisaD76
LisaD767 posts
  Mark I

I love it, and now cant imagine driving any other car - infact I now feel unsafe when in any other car such as commodore sedans. Very user friendly Sat Nav. Easy to keep clean inside, even with 2 boys.
Love it. So easy to park. Reverse camera gives extra peace of mind, especially in carparks where kids can dart out. Very comfortable for cruising highways and dirt roads.
I miss the adjustable suspension of the older model - lowering it when parked was a great help for getting kids and grandparents in the car. Not having a "real" key does concern me. No sub fuel tank.
coffeerideking
coffeerideking
  Mark I

Best 4wd on market love it, dont like noise in drive shaft brand new car come on toyota fix it.
Go anywhere in this thing and tow anything, love the room the power is great, really feels like a car on the road.
the sensor key is good but I started the car realized my wifes bag was in car got out and gave her bag, drove to my mates house and when I went to leave 3 hrs later no key was in wifes bag. imagine if I dropped her at airport? there is a knock in the rear drive shaft apparently toyota are doing recall still waiting for it to be fixed?