Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL

Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL (2007-2022)

Also referred to as: Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL 2021 and Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL 2023. Wagon, Double-Cab, Single-Cab, Troop Carrier (See All)
See the Best Cars in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

Whitecloud
WhitecloudHunter Region, NSW

Reliable workhorse

My model is ute with a service body, i use it for my electrical business and my tow horse. The vehicle as standard doesnt have as much power for towing as my v6 jeep, however all other aspects of towing are better. The 4 wheel disc brakes rear leaf springs and being manual suit my towing requirements.
I had to upgrade the suspension as over time the rear springs sagged.
I would purchase a similar model if something happened to this one.

Body(79R) Single Cab Chassis
Min
MinRockhampton

Caught on Fire

We had a 2014 dual cab v8 landcruiser gxl ute catch on fire in the middle of night had not been driven for 2 days prior not suspicious as we have aggressive guard dogs. Any body heard of this happening. was only 2 and a bit yrs old. Do the computers burn or are they like a black box and shouldn't burn????

BodyDouble Cab Chassis

Find out how Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL compares to other Cars

Matt
MattNoosa

Clutch slip at 100,1000km

My clutch showed signs before 100,000km of slip, $73,000 vehicle,,my 5th L/cruiser and first to have a clutch problem.... Last service the head Mechanic at Toyota didn't know how to collaps the back seat in my troopy and still dosnt! I hope they make the right decision for their own good and learning..... And not mine. Stay tuned....

Body(78R) Troop Carrier
Konrad
KonradSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Offroad beast

Meeting expectations

Body(79R) Cab Chassis
TransmissionManual

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

D.Basked
VDJ GXL Double-Cab (2007-2022)

Would you recommend a decoder on a 79 series
If your going on a lap of Oz
To get you out of trouble with limp mode issues

Shooter

I haven’t even heard of limp mode on a 79 series and I’m not convinced it exists.
Certainly neither me nor any one I know has has limp mode appear on that vehicle.

D.B

thanks for that answers that Question.
is the rear axle an issue if you leave standard ?

conceptair
conceptair

Limp mode exists, off key on key will clear an intermittent fault but engine light will stay on till cleared

Craig Jasked
VDJ GXL Single-Cab (2007-2022)

Hi, the gear changes in my 2018 79 series can be a bit clunky sometimes, like the syncro is not working properly but is perfect other times - depends on revs when changing gears.

Is this normal?

Shooter

Yes I think it’s normal. I have a 2013 dual cab same gearbox and have experienced the situation u describe. It’s a light truck gearbox not a sport car gearbox. The only times I hear a crunch r if I change too quickly or use too many revs.

thanks

Tom
Tomasked
VDJ GXL Single-Cab (2007-2022)

G’day guys, I’ve got a single cab gxl Ute with 180,000 on the clock, I’ve found that when I reverse sometimes the cab feels like it’s jumping up and down, also when I look out the back window on bumpy roads I see movement between the cab and the tray headboard, wondering if there’s something wrong with the chassis or if anyone else has experienced this. Kinda hard to explain but hopefully you get what I mean

Diab0lus
Diab0lus

Clutch shudder?

Shooter

Check all the mounting bolts for tray and cab.

See all Toyota LandCruiser 70 questions

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL (2007-2022)

Compare all 10 Toyota LandCruiser 70
CategoryCars and Large / 7 Seater SUVsCars and Large / 7 Seater SUVsCars and UtesCars and Utes
Starting Price $73,645.00$76,735.00$78,701.00$80,528.00
TransmissionManualManualManualManual
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDieselDieselDieselDiesel
Wheels16" Alloy16" Steel16" Alloy16" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Fuel Consumption10.7 L/100km10.7 L/100km10.7 L/100km10.7 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 130 L180 L130 L130 L
Engine8 Cylinder 4.5L Turbo Diesel8 Cylinder 4.5L Turbo Diesel8 Cylinder 4.5L Turbo Diesel8 Cylinder 4.5L Turbo Diesel
Engine Code1VD-FTV1VD-FTV1VD-FTV1VD-FTV
Max Power151kW @ 3400rpm151kW @ 3400rpm151kW @ 3400rpm151kW @ 3400rpm
Max Torque430Nm @ 1200-3200rpm430Nm @ 1200-3200rpm430Nm @ 1200-3200rpm430Nm @ 1200-3200rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Ground Clearance235 mm235 mm235 mm235 mm
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Dimensions