2Toyota Prado J150 GXL 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre Automatic
Part of Toyota Prado 4.0

Toyota Prado J150 GXL 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre Automatic (2015-2024)

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Toyota Prado J150 GXL 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre Automatic 2023 and Toyota Prado J150 GXL 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre Automatic 2025.
2Toyota Prado J150 GXL 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre Automatic

Mach 2Sydney
MightyJosh
MightyJoshSouth East Queensland, QLD30 posts

Ohh what a feeling

Just brought a 2015 GXL for the family. By far the best car I've own or driven.

It's extremely good on diesel. Has a good engine matted with a 6 speed auto. Very roomy for long drives. Heaps of fun off road too. Only downside is the lack of dash storage space.

CW
CW3 posts

Spectaculat Vehicle!

I purchased my Prado new 10 months ago and 20000km later, i absolutely love it. Drives great, extremely comfortable and plenty of room.

There is nothing i dislike about the interior but if i were to nit-pick, the screen could be bigger.

It is extremely reliable and as cheap to run as you make it. If you floor it at every opportunity it will not be economical but if you take it easy, then it is very economical and given it has a 150L tank, fills can be few and far between.

I very highly recommend the Prado.

Justin
JustinGold coast6 posts

O what A feeling

Well we thought we might go out and splurge and buy a Toyota Prado, they're not cheap, right at the end of our budget . We could of bought a much cheaper four-wheel drive and at the time the decision was hard. But we decided it was the one for us so we bit the bullet and purchased the car and wow what a 4x4. They really do look great, aggressive but still stylish. We added a ARB bullbar to the front which topped it off ,so I've got the next year to deck it out completely ,Winch ,Spotlights , C B, Lift kit or do I just leave it as it is.

Either way I'm happy...

John
JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
  J150 GXL 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre Automatic

Very refined engine and comfortable!

My vehicle is just coming up to 20,000kms and I am extremely impressed. The general engine refinement and automatic are excellent. One detractor is fuel economy but it udon par with the competition in this class. All round great vehicle and I have not looked back after owning a Patrol.

Greenie
Greenie
Rick
Rick11 posts
jake
jake
  J150 GXL 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre Automatic

rubbish slow and horrible body roll

one of the slowest cars i have ever had makes over taking dangerous and roundabouts hell.also not very reliable see the workshop to much the cars handling is horrible the things is not good off road at all a holden captiva was better the interior is so ugly and cheap looks like it was designed in the 90s

RF Tourer
RF Tourer
Todd
Todd

2016 Prado underpowered

What a slow POS! I loved this car until I drove it on the highway. Absolutely no power, constantly putting my foot down to access the torque but ruining the fuel economy in the process.Transmission isn't the best either, experiencing flaring when cold between 3rd and 4th gear. Drove a NT (2011) Diesel Pajero for 5 years and whilst it wasn't as refined as the Toyota, the engine has plenty of power and still reasonable fuel economy. Seriously disappointed...

gazbo
gazboSouth West, WA4 posts

rubbish

This model is underpowered and the auto is a shambles when towing . It hunts between 5th & 4th gear even on a flat road and if in a head wind it is constantly in 4th . The claimed fuel economy is impossible to achieve . This is the third Prado i have owned and am bitterly disappointed.

Although my dealer has done everything to solve the problems it has all been in vain. The claim of 8 litres per 100 klms is dream land stuff for this car. If that were correct, towing I would expect 14-16 tops. My last trip of 8,000 kms my average was 21.8 per 100klms Show details

Performance
Gear Shifting
Fuel Efficiency
Daz
DazNewcastle14 posts
  J150 GXL 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre Automatic

I sold 2016 GXL with ONLY 4000kms!!

Sold the new 2016 Prado GXL 2.8ltr model with only 4000kms as the new gearbox doesn't know which gear to be in at low revs! Hated driving it when it shuttered like it was starving for fuel, but it was the gearbox not holding in the right gear! They couldn't fix the issue. I agree with the other similar reviews its is rubbish. Underpowered should have increased the engine from 3ltr up not DOWN!!