2Toyota Prado J150 VX 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre
Part of Toyota Prado 4.0

Toyota Prado J150 VX 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre (2015-2024)

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Toyota Prado J150 VX 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre 2023 and Toyota Prado J150 VX 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre 2025.
2Toyota Prado J150 VX 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre

3.4
Features

theoSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Toyota Prado Never Again

Toyota Prado VX 2018 goes into limp mode when towing a Caravan, the car is regular serviced by Toyota. ( what a waste of money) Our local Dealer doesn’t not know what the problem is. Toyota is well aware of the problems but will not fix it. DPF and other problems. That Engine is Toyota’s worst nightmare
The 2019 model has also the same problems. After driving Toyotas 4x4 for more than 20 years I believe there are better cars for that money.
Looks like we have sell the car to tow our Caravan again.
Amar
KunalPerth, WA9 posts
Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

First impression

I bought 2019 VX two days back and I know it's too early to review but I'll share what I thought about it.

For the drive I give 5/5.
Comfort is not that good specially second row. It's $73 k worth vehicle and I don't understand why toyota does not make it with bit more comfy. I don't say it's comfortable if you drive long distance like interstate.

Previously I drove 2006 Camry, 2010 Accord and then Audi A4. Comfort wise Accord is the best.
I think Toyota need to think again about comfort in their future designs. Even the Prado top of the range Kakadu doesn't have leather seats and VX same. It's leather accented. Just about an one foot width leather layer in the middle of the seat. Show details

Iwantthegoodstuff
IwantthegoodstuffMelbourne13 posts
  Verified J150 VX 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre
Gold Coast Chris
Gold Coast ChrisBrisbane24 posts
  J150 VX 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre

Best decision I ever made (for a car)

I had a full sized Landcruiser for 5 years before the dealer that I bought it from tempted me with a trade in. I decided to down-size as well as upgrade the version, so I went for a 150VX. I love it. I love the leather seats, the hi-fi, the LED lights, the auto-setting steering wheel position and the KDSS suspension which makes cornering much more comfortable. I went for the auto-diesel, probably the most popular. I get around 1000 ks to a full tank and it is reasonably quiet. I pull a camper trailer with it and it performs well. If I was asked to list all the things I did not like about it there would only be one; the indicator beep is not loud enough, so there is a risk of leaving it on.

Rdv222
Rdv222Sydney Surrounds, NSW6 posts

Best family car

What a fantastic family vehicle.

Tows our camper trailer with ease, plenty of leg room for all the kids, economical and reliable.

A Recent trip from Sydney to Adelaide was a pleasure, easily the best car we have owned (and we have had a few).

Servicing customer service can be hit and miss, however get it serviced by a good local mechanic and they seem unbreakable.

Harry
HarrySouthern and Hills, SA5 posts

Terrible economy

I have done 45000 in my VX 2.8 litre prado and fuel usage is outrageous. My overall average for all of those km is just over 13 litres per hundred, this is similar to a 200 series V8. The best I ever achieved was 9.8 on a drive from Adelaide to Melbourne when it was under 10,000 km. It has gradually gotten worse. I have even been as high as 19.7 litres per hundred. I am so dissappointed by this car I am cutting my losses and getting a 200 series.