ZVW30R, NHW20R, ZVW50R, NHW11R

• Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Kate GSydney, NSW

Smooth, reliable and changed our approach to driving

Purchased in March 2012 at Toyota Dealers for $45,000.00.

OP83

OP83AU

Love it

We have been Toyota Prius owners since 2010. Throughout that time it has been great. We have to fill the car up with petrol far less than with our previous car. Very fuel efficient.

Purchased in May 2010.

Year2005

G.Y. Land

G.Y. LandGarran 2605, ACT

I never thought I would like it.

Purchased in February 2019 at Canberra Toyota.

Peter from the Tweed

Peter from the TweedTweed

Read the comment below!

Sarah Neal

Sarah NealDarwin

Excellent first car for our daughter

We wanted to make sure our daughter had a car to drive that was first easy for her to pass her tests in but also safe. She passed her learners and as a gift we then have her the car. It drives very well and got it for a great price second hand dealers. The only issue we had was a scratch that cost a lot to get fixed

BadgeYRS
Date PurchasedMar 2017
Jessica Jade Wong

Jessica Jade WongQueensland.

The test drive made us buy this car!

We were looking for a new family car with loads of room for the kids in the back but also looking for confront. This car ticked all the boxes for us so we bought it. It handles very well on the road. The only small issue we had was where the fual release button was but we found that as it has no icons on it.

BadgeYRS
Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Mark Phillips

Mark PhillipsAdelaide

Great family car!

We picked this car up from the toyota used car yard having only one half year since it was made with just under 100k. Today we have just over 200k and enjoyed how much space our car has when taking the family on holiday. The only issue is we tried getting it converted to gas but the deler said be cheaper cashing the car in and buying a new one but we love this car so much we won't be doing that

BadgeAscent
Date PurchasedApr 2017
Tom

Tommelbourne

capable, efficient, smooth, quiet and surprisingly fun

Great car, fun to see how the regen and battery storage work as you're driving along. Always gets 5l/100 for us. Actually my favourite car to drive so far, and more powerful than you think once both the petrol and electric motors come on together. Smart efficient driving, what more could you want. And with regen braking, you get better stopping force and hardly ever have to change a brake pad.

BadgeZR
Date PurchasedJan 2018
Jacky

JackySydney

Not a peep of sound

The only drawbacks of our car is when you have someone else try and start it its so funny because like us when we first got the car had to almost get our lift the bonet up and try and hear if the car had started.
The last issue is a huge one and that's re battery really sucks only getting us on short trips and probably going to die days or months out side of warranty. The dealer won't accept its faulty too until it's dead so have complained to acc and then got a replacement 8 days before warranty but I expect the battery to go again in a few years time.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Date PurchasedNov 2012
Olliebic

OlliebicSouthwest, VIC

An Fantistic Driving Experience

I find little or nothing to fault in the Toyota Prius Hybrid. Quiet, smooth and fuel efficient running. Plenty of leg room front and rear and a joy to handle on the road. I blown away with the classy interior, comfortable seating and the additional features incorporated on the dashboard and steering wheel combine to make this vehicle a ‘dream’ to own and drive.

Engine Size?

Date PurchasedDec 2017
ttcy

ttcyMelbourne

Great car

The performance of Toyota prius is great. It is quiet and efficient. All the features of the car are great. There are lots of space in front of the seats and in the boot too. There is a lot foot room in the front and rear. It is a very fuel efficient vehicle. Best car!

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Timf001

Timf001Sydney

Toyota Prius

Great ride, smooth and trouble free. Really enjoy driving this quiet, efficient and fuel efficient vehicle. Roomy interior with ample foot room in both front and rear. Panel has all you need to ensure a drama free and hassle free drive. Radio controls very simple to use. Lots of storage space as well

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Seamus

SeamusIllawarra, NSW

A Twitchers Car, if you love HO model railways and like to sneak up on pedestrians or cyclists

BadgeNo Badge
Date PurchasedMay 2016

S Wag

S WagBrisbane

Great car, low running costs, great technology

Bought car at auction in 2009, it was 1 year old. 8 years later i have spent nothing on repairs apart from the standard service, 2 sets of tyres and 1 $80 starter battery. Fantastic for city driving, goes great on the open road and excellent air conditioning when driving out west. Done 210,000 km and still getting 4.8 litres per 100 km. Still on the original hybrid battery and going strong. Will upgrade soon and buy another prius. Its the least trouble i have had with a car and i have been driving for 29 years.

Date PurchasedSept 2009
Janine

Janine

Perfect

Looked at a lot of cars before l chose the Prius was blown away by the performance when l tool it for a test drive it's a zippy little car for getting around town but has the power on the open road it is very economical to run l absolutely love it

BadgeHybrid c
Date PurchasedDec 2015
I am picky but I am reas

I am picky but I am reasAU

Love it. I don't know why it's not popular here in AU. What are people afraid of it? Ignorance perha

TransmissioneCVT
Date PurchasedDec 2012
Tim46

Tim46Melbourne

Great car, low fuel and emissions but still powerful

Great car. Have driven over 2000kms now and love it. The hybrid system is seamless and there is no loss of power switching from electric to petrol and vice versa. Uses about half the petrol of our old Ford Fiesta (which was also a great car). Lots of features like LED headlights, auto adjustable cruise control, wireless phone charger, 10 speaker stereo with bluetooth, large console screen with fantastic reverse camera. Very quiet car even when the petrol engine is working. Almost silent when it's just the electric motor. Can't find any issues. Love it.

BadgeZR
Date PurchasedApr 2017
PG18

PG18Melbourne

Perfect

I have had my Toyota Prius I Tech for seven years and I absolutely love it. I do not have to fill it up with petrol very often due to its effective use of fuel. It is also very spacious inside with a high roof. I couldn't live without my Prius.

Date PurchasedMay 2010

Colin F.asked

Prius NHW20R (2003-2009)

Is there a difference between a Prius NHW 20 and NHW 20R, especially for the rear bumper

Kate G

Hi Colin, not sure ... ours is the i-Tech ZVW30R.

Ok, Thanks Kate. Mine is a 2006 NHW 20

Colin F.

I need a new bumper and I can get one for a NHW 20R but not sure if it fits a NHW 20.

Robertasked

Prius

5lt per 100km isnt that great, i own a 20year old petrol car that does close to that and has more power. I was also interested to see how long the battery lasts with some reviews saying it died before warranty, how many years is that? what is the cars lifespan. If an electric car needs batteries replaced every 5 years that would get expensive and not good for the planet, probably why not seeing many older Prius's still on the roads in nsw?

Our battery lasted about 10 years, but if you’ve already got a more powerful car that’s getting 5l/100km, why change? I hope you’ve posted a review of it! Anyway, it’ll be even better for the planet if you keep your old car.

Robert

A xmas dinner conversation about the "save the planet hippies driving old bombs with poor fuel economy" has got me thinking.

Andrea C.

Andrea C.asked

Prius NHW20R (2003-2009)

Hey guys, the monitor of my Prius is gone and I'm looking to get an other one from a wrecker.
My Prius is the 2007 model is all the monitor fitted from 2003 to 2009 the same? If not how can I check the model fitted in my car?

Hi Andrea. We had a 2004 Prius and our daughter has a 2007 and they certainly appear identical so I expect they would be interchangeable (although there can always be surprises!).
The i-Tech models of course had more features on their monitors would only match similar I-Tech models.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Compare all 5 Toyota Prius
CategoryCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and SedansCars and Hatchbacks
Starting Price $36,440$43,900$39,990$37,400
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Fuel TypeHybridHybridHybridHybrid
Engine4 Cylinder 1.8L4 Cylinder 1.8L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L
Max Power72kW @ 5200rpm72kW @ 5200rpm53kW @ 4500rpm57kW @ 5000rpm
Max Torque142Nm @ 3600rpm142Nm @ 3600rpm115Nm @ 4200rpm115Nm @ 4000-4200rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2016Jan 2016Jan 1997Jan 2003