Toyota Prius C NHP10R

Toyota Prius C NHP10R (2012-2021)

Also referred to as: Toyota Prius C NHP10R 2020 and Toyota Prius C NHP10R 2022. i-Tech, (No Badge)
See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

kiwi_sam
    kiwi_samGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing to drive, silent and reliable. GPS is the only poor feature

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Other Hatchbacks

g young
    g youngGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good car around town

Physically a compact car. Back seat can just about accommodate our two six footer sons. Driver seat is ok could have better lumbar support. ENgine is very quiet silent when you start up - a bit of getting use to. You would notice the petrol engine kicking in as it can be a bit noisy. Sufficient power to cruise around town with a full load. Don't expect good pickup. Excellent consumption as low as 3.8l/100km. Interior and dashboard very basic. Do have good display of fuel economy. Small booth space as expected, but sufficient for our shopping. We have enjoyed driving this car and would recommend it especially if it's a second car or just driving around town.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

kalloggs40

another Toyota no thanks

Lildabetasked
    Prius C NHP10R (2012-2021)

I am considering buying one of these. It's a 2012 low km (27 000km) vehicle. I would appreciate any thoughts on what should I be looking out for when I go to test drive and check it over?

DaveJo
    DaveJo

Hi, Do you mind telling me how much you bought it for? Thansk

Lildabet

15k. It’s more than red book but the price seemed reasonable given the low k’s.

Magi
    Magiasked
    Prius C NHP10R (2012-2021)

What is the best fitting australian standards baby car seat for Toyota Prius C i-tech?

Sorry I can't help here. My youngest is 21 and no grandbabies yet

Tanya
    Tanyaasked
    Prius C NHP10R (2012-2021)

I am thinking about buying a Prius C but I am a little concerned whether this car is sluggish going up hills, especially if there is 4 people in the car. This is the only thing holding me back from saying yes could anybody help me with making my final decision :)

m0iph0enix
    m0iph0enix

Hi Tanya,

I think this car will be a bit slow to take off going up the hill (not as sluggish as a snail though). I often have 5 people in my car and the car still operates fine going up the hill.

chaminda
    chaminda

I would say you feel bit slow but for me it is not an issue. You can always accelerate max and it will pump the torque from both petrol engine and electric motor.

Another point would be, if drive a Prius the way you drive normal car it would not be enough fuel efficient. To get best fuel efficiency you need to master the slow acceleration and slow breaking.

Dimmers
    Dimmers

I now live in the Hills area of Sydney which if you know the area is hilly.With regards to Hills and the Prius-C its not a powerhouse. From my experience it uses very little petrol and is configured to be very economical but if going up a hill you just accelerate more. I just believe that because by default it is in eco mode your used to no or little engine noise. I have gotten it up to 140kph racing a mate up a hill. He was also surprised it had guts because the car try (as mentioned above) is wired for economy.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota Prius C NHP10R (2012-2021)

Compare both Toyota Prius C NHP10R (2012-2021)
    CategoryHatchbacksHatchbacks
    Starting Price $26,540$24,040
    TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
    Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
    Fuel TypeHybridHybrid
    Engine4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L
    Max Power54kW @ 4800rpm54kW @ 4800rpm
    Max Torque111Nm @ 4000rpm111Nm @ 4000rpm
    Country of ManufactureJapanJapan
    Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)
    Release dateJan 2012
    Compare both Toyota Prius C NHP10R (2012-2021)