Toyota Prius C NHP10R

Toyota Prius C NHP10R (2012-2021)

Also referred to as: Toyota Prius C NHP10R 2020 and Toyota Prius C NHP10R 2022. i-Tech, (No Badge)
See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

• Features
Tony Miranda
Tony MirandaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not very good

Purchased in May 2007 for $45.00.

David L.
David L.Central Queensland, QLD

ABSOLUTELY Love It!!

This car has got me a best of 1280km to 1 tank, with only 32.5 litres to fill I can 'easily do 2.5- 3weeks(1 tank) every day to work and driving around. These are highly Reliable cars as you can expect from Toyota, managed as low as 2.1 LPH! My Mechanic has one exactly the same and he has done now 338,000km! Without anything going wrong. Simply amazing and cannot More highly Recommend 11/10 for Value and Fuel costs. Best car I've owned.

Purchased in August 2013.

Patrick M.
Patrick M.Sydney, NSW

2015 Prius C with 278,000 km

Purchased in July 2015 at Clintons Toyota for $26,000.00.

lamster
lamsterSydney, NSW

Relaxing and economical

If you want a relaxing, easy to park, ecomomical and no fuss car this is it. The outstanding feature is how quiet it is in stop start traffic which is where this car is most at home. Mechanically excellent and reliable. Real word ecoonomy can reach 3.9lites per 100km and averages around 4.9litrs per 100km. The digital display is fun. Highly recommended for city dwellers.

BadgeNo Badge
Date PurchasedJan 2012

Joy
Joy

Silent, reliable and safe

I really love my car! I amazed time and time again how fuel efficient it is. I also like the look of it the Prius-C has a similar look to the Corolla. I am short, so I don't need much leg room but if you are 6 ft and above the leg room may be an issue for you. I have given some tall friends a lift (although they did not make a complaint) look a little bit uncomfortable.
If you want a small car with low cost on fuel and is reliable, this is a great car!

Badgei-Tech

Date PurchasedMay 2012
Max L
Max LSydney Surrounds, NSW

Just st love my Prius

Fun car to drive, never misses a beat, almost forget to fill up though....becase it takes so long for the tank to empty and it cost less than $50.00 to fill. Yes, it is tinny and rattles a bit. But this is a car designed to save $$$$s. You want the trimmings with quietness, get a Camary but you wont say so many $$$s. Don't think about it...buy one !!!! One thing I notice when I get into the "other" hybrids, I feel the changes from Perol to electric and back... not with Prius. And when I sell it, I won't lose so much because they are always in demand. Only down side, picked it up...Brand new, a dozen stone chips over the car. They did not repair before I went to pick it up...hoping I would not notice?.

BadgeNot I-tec
Date PurchasedMay 2014

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
EagleEyes
EagleEyesAU

Buying a Prius C i-tech 2014. Best decision I ever made :-)

DimmersSydney, NSW

Prius C is Awesome!

TransmissionCVT

chamindaRedbank Plains

Love Prius C

I had my car for 8months now. Fuel economy is excellent. I love the car. I would like to add following which are not bad but would help someone reading about the product.
1. Acceleration is poor. This is expected the nature of the car. Further you should focus on gradual acceleration and deceleration for best fuel economy.
2. I had Nissan Tida before. Compare to that width of the Prius c is less. Prius C is More compact.

Overall I love the car and recommended someone who more concern about fuel economy than going fast.
Fuel Economy

kalloggs40

another Toyota no thanks

Lildabetasked
Prius C NHP10R (2012-2021)

I am considering buying one of these. It's a 2012 low km (27 000km) vehicle. I would appreciate any thoughts on what should I be looking out for when I go to test drive and check it over?

DaveJo
DaveJo

Hi, Do you mind telling me how much you bought it for? Thansk

Lildabet

15k. It’s more than red book but the price seemed reasonable given the low k’s.

Magi
Magiasked
Prius C NHP10R (2012-2021)

What is the best fitting australian standards baby car seat for Toyota Prius C i-tech?

Mama D
Mama D

Sorry I can't help here. My youngest is 21 and no grandbabies yet

Tanya
Tanyaasked
Prius C NHP10R (2012-2021)

I am thinking about buying a Prius C but I am a little concerned whether this car is sluggish going up hills, especially if there is 4 people in the car. This is the only thing holding me back from saying yes could anybody help me with making my final decision :)

Hi Tanya,

I think this car will be a bit slow to take off going up the hill (not as sluggish as a snail though). I often have 5 people in my car and the car still operates fine going up the hill.

chaminda

I would say you feel bit slow but for me it is not an issue. You can always accelerate max and it will pump the torque from both petrol engine and electric motor.

Another point would be, if drive a Prius the way you drive normal car it would not be enough fuel efficient. To get best fuel efficiency you need to master the slow acceleration and slow breaking.

Dimmers

I now live in the Hills area of Sydney which if you know the area is hilly.With regards to Hills and the Prius-C its not a powerhouse. From my experience it uses very little petrol and is configured to be very economical but if going up a hill you just accelerate more. I just believe that because by default it is in eco mode your used to no or little engine noise. I have gotten it up to 140kph racing a mate up a hill. He was also surprised it had guts because the car try (as mentioned above) is wired for economy.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota Prius C NHP10R (2012-2021)

Compare both Toyota Prius C NHP10R (2012-2021)
CategoryHatchbacksHatchbacks
Starting Price $26,540$24,040
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypeHybridHybrid
Engine4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L
Max Power54kW @ 4800rpm54kW @ 4800rpm
Max Torque111Nm @ 4000rpm111Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapan
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2012
Compare both Toyota Prius C NHP10R (2012-2021)