5Toyota Prius V ZVW40

Toyota Prius V ZVW40 (2012-2024)

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Toyota Prius V ZVW40 2023 and Toyota Prius V ZVW40 2025.
5Toyota Prius V ZVW40

Mell P.
Mell P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Jay M.
Jay M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Good reliable family car. Not fun to drive with

I drive the 2014 Prius V more than a year:

Pros:
- great fuel consumption (5-6L/100km, always power mode)
- reliable. no minor fault
- heavy car feel stable for passengers

Cons:
- sluggish and boring drive, even with the power mode on
- once you fold up the 3rd row seats, no much boot space left
- the anchor for booster at 3rd row are not at the same chair. which mean if you put booster on you have lesser boot space
- heavy car Show details

Nic C
Nic CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts
Frank
FrankSydney, NSW2 posts

No regrets! Only gets better everyday!

I used the car everyday for work and family of 5. The best ever! Got 2018 base model. Awesome interior with leather linings. The middle is well spaced even with 2 child seats unlike other 5 seater car. 3 chairs are movable. The 6 and 7 seats are more like bonus I prefer to use it for my luggage like pram. Fuel economy is 40lts to 800kms. I mostly use pwr mode. Eco and normal is a struggle. Great design. It’s a car that leaves no worries and makes you proud. The stereo is less special. Good comfort, great for saving money, and excellent reliability.

hooch
hoochsydney8 posts

great with kids

had prius v for 5 years. good interior. cheap to run. average 4.5l/100ks serviced with toyota which is a bit steap. about $400, but was only once per year. no mechanical issues. build quality good.

not a lot of power. rubbery, laboured handling but never felt dangerous. plenty of warning with understeer for cornering limits. basically car feels heavy.

great car if you have kids. huge interior for a smaller footprint than a van.

easy to park.

sun glare on centre touch screen was annoying. much better for passenger to use.

long trips seats can get a bit uncomfortable

overall, car for the money was great. just wont blow your mind.

Jimmy
JimmySydney4 posts

Perfect Small 7 Seater

I have owned the car since new for over a year now

average fuel consumption is around 4.2 - 4.4 L / 100km city driving , Highway is round 5.5L /100km. It requires 95Ron fuel.

so quiet and economical, fits 3 child seat. love the facelift version's look. Cant be more happier : )

Erny
ErnySydney2 posts

Great one

Very economical fuel and silent. I do not have to worry about the fuel. However I just found out for long distance driving the engine does not have a great power. I used to drive VW golf and would recommend this cat is nice to drive in city and suburbs area only not interstate. Thank you.

Felicia
FeliciaRyde5 posts

A family car that proves a good ROI

My husband and I love this car a lot since we bought it in 2015. Its performance is stable. Most importantly, it helps us to save a lot for the petrol expenses. Low noise level. The dashboard is neat and also have a newly designed led speed reminder for us. Reliable, low running costs. Hope the battery lasts longer.

Ahmed
AhmedMelbourne10 posts

So far So good

I do normally change the car at least once in a year. 4 Kids..all under 3, So you have very limited choices.

I found this better compared to my previous Mazda Cx9. The reasons were simple.

Mazda was taking $80 to fill every week. This only take $25 with Premium 98. & our usage is the same. We input our double pram in it easily with all kids and we both parents.

Parts are cheaper to buy. I would recommend to shop online for consumable items like, oil filter, air filter etc as it would definitely be cheaper. For Oil..go to any retail, for major parts, ONLY TOYOTA.

Plenty of DIY videos available to look after this on youtube.

No ...its NOT fun to drive, like my Mazda Cx9 but from safety and commute...Prius V highly recommended.