5Toyota Prius

88% · 463 · 6%

Dave2206
Dave22062 posts

OK

This was a stupid, impulse buy. Seemed right for the enviroment, but the more I think about it the more I believe it is NOT all that good for the enviroment as there are a lot of negatives such as extra cost/weight etc to manufacture. Our previous Barina 1.4 (the european one NOT the crappy Korean one) used only a fraction more fuel but was only a small fraction of the price.
fuel efficient.
ridiculous price. Complicated (expensive) to service. Probably very poor resale price as people will worry about the batteries.
Jocelynaus
Jocelynaus28 posts
Joros
Joros3 posts
jinpatt
jinpattQLD, 421489 posts
  Prius

Toyota Prius is the most quiet car I have ever driven. It is very fuel efficient and easy to get around. Everything is excellent except the boot space which could be a little bit bigger as I cannot fit two large suitcases in. Other than that, it is a great car to drive in town.
Very cheap on fuel. Very quiet. Good room. Drive nicely.
Not enough boot space. Show reply
NinaJay
NinaJaySouth East Queensland, QLD108 posts
  Prius

Good

I hope they continue to become more and more popular because they are the way of the future and Toyota have once again released a reliable, superior vehicle.

I want one of my own :)
I don't own one but I've driven my dad's quite a lot and I love it! If only I could afford my own.

So easy to drive, so quiet, so efficient and so clever. I love that you don't even have to put a key in the ignition
Unless explained to you, you wouldn't know how to drive it straight away but most people wouldn't hop in one without knowing what to do so it's not a big deal

flannigan
flanniganPerth, WA4 posts
  NHW11R
EmilySparrow
EmilySparrowAU
  NHW11R

Good

My 2002 Prius is beautiful, easy and fun to drive and cheap to run. It was bought second hand and had done over 160 000 km, but it runs like new. It's a hybrid and as such doesn't use a huge amount of petrol, which makes it cheap to run. The transmission stick and the handbrake are in strange places, but it'll take you less than a minute to get used to it. The speedometer is large and digital, which makes it much easier to monitor speed than in a typical car. The only downside is the brakes can be quite sensitive, and it's a bit tricky to come to a smooth stop.
Absolutely beautiful, easy to drive, very smooth, a hybrid, incredibly quiet, excellent petrol:km ratio, loads of legroom.
Brakes stick slightly.
Toyota-prius
Toyota-priusAU2 posts
  Prius

Best car I have ever owned, I love this car. I would recommend it to anyone. Lots of room for a small car.
Cheap on fuel

Very comfortable

Lots of features

Quite to drive

Looks very stylish
Doesn't have a temp gage, spare tyre is smaller than actual tyres - can't drive for very long on it as makes a noise.

Toyota genuine spare parts are expensive - best to buy from ebay in the USA

A bit hard to see out of when reversing for tall people

Star2009
Star2009NT, 08869 posts
dogsneaker
dogsneaker6 posts
  Prius

Love it! We get 900+ kms out of a full tank and No I dont drive like a granny! The keyless entry feature should be a standard for all cars, makes life so much easier when you are juggling groceries and a baby. I'd highly recommend this car to anyone considering buying a hybrid.
keyless entry, quiet, fuel efficiency, the gadgets that come as a standard - bluetooth, iPod ready, GPS, rear camera etc
seats in the car seem to be small? The rear overhead is quite low so if you have a tall person in the back, it'll be uncomfortable for them. We had to have our precious proximity car keyfob replaced which set us back $400.
LJ588
LJ588NSW, 275657 posts
  Prius

i love this car so much better than my subaru, so easy to drive and more features in it than my old car, i wouldnt own the base model though - it is worht the extra money to get an i-tech and have the additional features and the drive in an i-tech is better
fuel efficient, keyless door entry car starting and locking (on the i-tech model), can be serviced by other mechanics other than toyota, comfortable seats, good boot space (it fits my big pram in it), drives great
accessories have to be bought from overseas (ie. american ebay) that where we bought my dashmat and screen visor from becuase australian toyota dont stock them Show details
BrigidF
BrigidF20 posts
  Prius

All my friends are jealous! The Prius is super cute and fun to drive. Is really a completely unique driving experience with the push button start. The fuel consumption is excellent and depending on how you drive it, you'll find yourself filling your car every 2 - 3 weeks.

The Prius is surprisingly roomy for a small car and fits a toddler and all the necessary child accoutrements with ease.
Great for the environment, excellent fuel consumption, looks great, surprisingly roomy and surprisingly gutsy when it needs to be.
Only a few dealerships service the vehicle so if you live far away from one, it's a bit of a pain. Servicing is more expensive than the service of our former Toyota Corolla. Show reply

Extra Information