Toyota RAV4

93 questions from our users

Shae

Shaeasked

RAV4

Hey, I am looking at buying a Toyota RAV4 cruiser (4x4) 2001 for $5500, but the kms are around 277/281000 kms is that too much and what problems would I have to look out for?

Brian.

Brian.asked

RAV4

Does anyone know if you can isolate when the car says speed camera down?when she says it 18 times within 2kms its annoying and there ain't any speed cameras at all.

Mel

Mel asked

RAV4

My camera keeps coming on when I brake but turns off when accelerate .Rav4 cruiser 2020??i can’t find where to disable

Paulasked

RAV4 XA50 AWD 2.5L Hybrid Cruiser (2019-2021)

Has anyone tried replacing standard black wheels with polished aluminum wheels, as a factory fitted option? Toyota website displays 18" polished aluminum wheels as an option but does not indicate the cost. Does anyone know the possibility and cost? Thank You

Errol E.

Errol E.asked

RAV4

I wish to buy a Petrol Graphite colour Automatic New! How Much?

Mick G.

Mick G.asked

RAV4

Has anyone fitted different wheels to their 2020 RAV4 Edge? If so do you have an OEM wheel for sale. I would like a full size spare but am not prepared to pay $2000 for a new rim. Mick G.

Leeasked

RAV4

2wd Hybrid Cruiser - While on stop and dead silent, I hear a very faint but constant high pitch whining sound. It goes away when I further depress the brake but only after the drilling sound. Has anyone ever noticed this or has this ever happened to you?

kathylange6
kathylange6

Yes we have that too. I just have the audio system on and then don't hear it

Andy.N
Andy.N

Same, its on all Hybrid Rav4's apparently.

OzziOzzi

OzziOzziasked

RAV4

Cannot find how to turn off “PLease obey all traffic regulations“ warning which is REALLY ANNOYING. Hybrid GX if that helps

Justin
Justin

Have you’ve tried changing the speed limit warning settings to no, refer page 103 of the audio system / navigation booklet? Don’t know if it’ll fix the issue but good luck.

Menu > setup > voice > automatic navigation guidance off

Frank

Yes Ozzi, I agree that it is annoying but for me its a good reminder to drive carefully past a school or an up coming speed camera or high accident prone area. One of the reasons I purchased the Rav 4 is because of its safety features. Cheers Frank

MichMak

MichMakasked

RAV4

Recently purchased a RAV4 GXL Hybrid AWD 2020. It is perfectly drive, except the headlights aim & alignment is different between left & right hand-side lighting distance. Toyota service said it is normal as the right hand-side lighting distance is shorter to avoid shinning to on-coming vehicles. Do anyone has the same experience?

Lee

I noticed the same, my right side is shorter

Paul

Different angles on 2 headlights is normal for all cars. Its a safety feature.

Leeasked

RAV4

Did anybody tint the front windows of their new rav4 2019/2020? How about the back? Is it even worth it?

Frank

Hi Lee I had my windows on my 2020 Rav 4 Hybrid tinted as part of the deal price. Works well.cheers Frank

Lee

Thanks Frank. Do you know if it was just the front two or did they also put a tint over the privacy glass in the rear?

Nick
Nick

Tint the rear. It offers UV protection.

ShazO'Basked

RAV4

How do you turn off the school zone in a 2020 Rav 4 Cruiser Hybrid? The road RSA is off the nav system school zone is off but she still goes on and on about them all day.... we have a lot of school zones in our area. It would be fabulous if you could set times into the system and it went by the car clock!!

Canberra Daddy

It is in the manual and is done via the menu on the main screen. Need to work through all the options carefully. Also, the school zone alerts occur during holidays and after hours - annoying. But a great car and this is a minor quibble.

ShazO'B

Thanks Canberra Daddy but had tried that and doesn’t help... great car now we can drive, we got it just at the stay home orders came in

Darryl A.

Darryl A.asked

RAV4

Recently purchased a RAV4 Edge 2020 and looking at fitting a set of All terrain tyres 235/55/19 any ideas?

stephen w.

stephen w.asked

XA40 (2013-2019)

Size weight caravan to tow?

SUN SUN

I haven’t tow caravan but I did tow 1500kg of firewood +trailer weight with super confidant

RAV4 Enquiry

RAV4 Enquiryasked

RAV4 XA50 AWD 2.5L Petrol Edge (2019-2021)

Hi looking at the difference between RAV4 2.5l AWD and RAV4 2l 2wd. Will be doing many local drives but also a few long distance drives (up to 2000km rtn) could someone give me an idea which would one would be more beneficial. Thanks

SUN SUN

My car it’s 2.2 diesel I did very long drive from Melbourne to Esperance WA 6000km returns and Mel to cold coast and about 5 trips to Sydney I’m very happy with fuel efficiency between 8-9 L per with Aircondation running

Al fern

My apologies for being unable to answer your question. I would suggest checking the fuel consumption of 2.5L AWD vs 2.0L 2WD on the statistics on Toyota’s website

I know that they do not make diesel options but only Petrol or Hybrid engines nowadays.

Al fern

The fuel comparisons is available as per the link below:

Unfortunately, it’s mpg rather than kms per litre. :(
Hope this helps

Barbara R.

Barbara R.asked

RAV4

Service intervals from new, warranty and is there fixed price service cost?
Main difference in cost of service for two wheel drive vs AWD.

Al fern

The cost for each service was made known to us upon purchase.
I am not aware of the cost of service between the 2WD vs AWD

Service intervals are 15000k. Yes fix prices servicing

Zelly

Certainly fixed price. You can call the dealer and they can give the costs for any service over the phone

Damian Mcasked

RAV4

Can I run the 2020 Rav4 Hybrid Cruiser on E10 or do I have to use Premium 98?

I see on the inside of the petrol cap it says E10 suitable

Thanks Leigh

Oday N.
Oday N.

E10 will destroy your engine on the long run. I use 98 and i get 950km from the full tank

Yvonne T

Yvonne Tasked

2010 rav 4 petrol lever position

In the 2020 it’s beneath the dash drivers side

Nomi

Nomiasked

XA20 (2001-2005)

Hi there..im planning to buy a rav4 2004 cv automatic but some people are saying the car is really good and some are saying these cars have a transmission issue..im confused would someone please guide me if i should buy or no ?

Zelly

Hi Nomi, The 2004 Rav 4 didn't have any more issues with the transmission then any other model. Generally, the auto's are really good. A test drive of the car will soon show you if it has any problems. Maybe take someone with you that has a bit of mechanical ability, when you look at it, so that they can put the transmission through it's paces. If it slips, noisy or even hangs on during a gear change, then you've got problems, otherwise grab it and enjoy the ride!

oneskyasked

XA50 (2019-2021)

Anyone notice fuel tank filling issues ? heard in the US there are issues about tank cuts off at 3/4 and not being able to fill it up to its full tank capacity.

Zelly

To my knowledge, the tank in the XA50 is the same in all models. In Australia anyway. The filler neck doesn't appear all that long and once the fuel nozzle cuts off, there's very little room to squeeze anymore in. I can only get about 1 liter into thank once the bouser clicks off.

onesky

I mean the concern is if the fuel gauge indication as "full tank" is not accurate or true to specification; in other words tank not being able to take 55litres (as per the spec) and trip computer calculates range based on the actual fuel volume. A good indication will be what's the max range your trip computer calculates on a full tank fill up ?

Canberra Daddy

I have done 6,000km since Oct 2019. No problems with fuelling. The only issue is that the empty fuel warning is very cautions. I have done over 100km after the zero DTE mark. Also, once the low fuel light comes on (about 50km DTE) there is no further update - just a warning to go to a petrol station.

Khatira a.

Khatira a.asked

XA20 (2001-2005)

What is the fair and final price also

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Other Midsize / Medium SUVs