Toyota RAV4

• Features
fptr

fptrmooloolaba

great car BUT

had this new since 2013 serrvices all done current mileage 55400km highway consumption 7 litres per 100km at 90k 8 litres at 100k BUT BUT around town and i drive smoothly i only get 18litres per 100k
being a pensioner this is making my car unaffordable and noone can tell me the problem i would be checking local consumption before u buy this model in all other reespects its ba great car but the servicing is expensive when not much is done

Purchased in January 2013.

Noise Level

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features

Wouldnt ever recommend or buy another!

BadgeGXL

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Jim

JimBarrington Tas

2018 Rav4 2.5 AWD GX

Bought a brand new 2018 Rav4 2.5 auto AWD GX and i am not happy. These new Rav4s have gutless noisey motors and have excessive road noise emitting throughout the cabin area. The ride quality of this car is hard and bumpy. The headlights for nightime driving in dark country areas are very poor on low and high beams. The inside bottom of all four doors collect large amounts of wet and dry debri and are potential rusting areas. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Oz

OzBraddon 2612, ACT

DO NOT BUY Dangerous Rear Vision

This car has the most dangerous rear vision of nay car I have driven
Try changing lanes in heavy traffic, you rely on luck and kindness from other drivers. Dark or rainy night very risky maneuver
Such a pity, becuase this car drives very nicely and has decent space in the back

BadgeAdvantage
Date PurchasedOct 2016

Cruise control issues

Cruise control does not function correctly. Will not allow the cruise to downshift after a hill climb no matter how steep the down side of the hill is. Have been told by Toyota Canada and our dealership to use the resume feature to stop the vehicle from not downshifting. Terrible that the cruise does not function as it should and to get such a poor repair solution from Toyota Canada and our dealership. People wouldn't buy if they knew these types of issues and solutions were possible.

BadgeExtreme
Date PurchasedDec 2014
L.G

L.GCentral coast

Extremely disappointed with the oil consumption problem

I purchased this car as I knew toyota cars are reliable. As a single parent I managed to secure a loan and purchased my rav4 from a toyota dealership. I immediately ran into oil consumption problems. One litre a week to be exact. The dealership have rebuilt my motor twice and i still have the same problem with no light at the end of the tunnel. So now I'm stuck in a loan with ridiculously high interest rates paying for a lemon of a car for 5 years. A huge amount to pay for an extremely costly and frustratingly disappointing experience. I have read that some diesel models have this problem too. If this problem did not exist I would be happy with the rav4.

BadgeCruiser
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedOct 2014
shanexu3

shanexu3Perth, WA

A lot of basic features missing from the base model

Be very aware

2007 RAV4 SX V6 Engine problems bad one's too. 120k in-out of repair shop & lots of $$$$$ for fixing, " for what I would assume is a design flaw". What happened to Toyota's reliability pledge? They used to make such great cars but not anymore. I will be looking into other brands

BadgeSX6
DarkEVO

DarkEVOSydney, NSW

Rav 4 base model GX CVT

westralia
westralia

"In some way it felt like driving a corolla in a SUV form" ...That's because you probably are. You can't buy a Corolla wagon anymore, so the 2wd RAV4 is the closest thing.

Felix
Felix

CVTs are lously to drive for sure and their life beyond 5'years is in question. My old 2007 rav4 had the old 4'speeder and it was pretty good. My new Toyota has the 6 speed auto non CVT. good luck with it

Fuel guzzler

We bought an automatic rav 4 in 2005.First the rear springs developed the imfamous rear end sag.They were replaced at our expense,not a warranty thing.Our cruise control failed just outside our extended warranty.That's on order at over $500.00 plus labour at our expense.We are currently getting 6.3klm to the litre using 98ron fuel which relates to 15.87 litres to 100klms urban.This the car my wife fell in love with and just had to have.I'm 71 my wife 46,we are not speed mechants, sedate is our style.Blowfly
Improved all around vision after our 2003 corolla.

stevei
stevei

I am in a Delamere " I Like to buy rav4 for my partner but only want to spend $8000 , so do I go for the older mode with the 2Ll engine or the newer model with the 2.4L engine but it may have more Klms

AnilG
AnilG

I've got an automatic 2003 RAV4 Cruiser and we're still getting over 8 km per litre and I don't spare the horses. Don't know about any sag, front, rear, infamous or otherwise. Suspension is still sharp.

chickenSydney, NSW

Not good

Ms. T
Ms. T
gday mate
gday mate

in australia i have the 6 cylinder 3.5ltr 270 h/p rocket. this thing truely flies, faster than most large sedans. i feel sorry for those who cant experience this steup :(

chicken

i'd agree, this would be 4-5 star car without the little 2.0l engine.

snowbay

snowbay

BadgeCruiser

Bad

2007 Rav4 cv, have had nudge bar and side steps fitted. Fuel between 13.6 - 14.9 lts/100 kms. Dealership unhelpful. Had Toyota's and still got a SR5 Hulix and will be hard to sell me another one
Drives like a car. Comfortable & spacious
Fuel consumption heavy.

BadgeCV

pmwool

pmwool

Bad

This vehicle has driven about 40,000 km. About 75% in the city, where its quite good as a run about. Several country trips including unsealed roads both wet and dry.

Build quality is not up to usual Toyota standard, sunroof leaks, dash board rattles, lots of road noise.

The on demand 4WD system is simply there for the marketing hype - doesn't work on time. Putting a sub standard 4WD system on these vehicles simply to capture the biggest growing sector is dangerous - gives drivers a false sense of security.
Good around town, easy to steer and park, good visibility, good cargo area.
Terrible on the open road, bobs around, rattles, noisy, underpowered, stupid 4WD system.

Zappy
Zappy

Cecily K.

Cecily K.asked

RAV4

My rav4 navigation map shows the normal speed limit for a road. It is now changing to show a 40km speed when I go thru a school zone.
This has just started to happen. Is there a setting I can turn off so the map always shows the normal speed limit for that road?

Shae

Shaeasked

RAV4

Hey, I am looking at buying a Toyota RAV4 cruiser (4x4) 2001 for $5500, but the kms are around 277/281000 kms is that too much and what problems would I have to look out for?

Brian.

Brian.asked

RAV4

Does anyone know if you can isolate when the car says speed camera down?when she says it 18 times within 2kms its annoying and there ain't any speed cameras at all.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Compare all 20 Toyota RAV4
CategoryMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVsMidsize / Medium SUVs
Starting Price A$36,670A$40,378A$43,365A$39,245
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT) and ManualContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolHybrid
Fuel Consumption6.5 L/100km6.5 L/100km6.5 L/100km4.7 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 55 L55 L55 L55 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.5L
Max Power127kW @ 6600rpm127kW @ 6600rpm127kW @ 6600rpm160kW
Max Torque203Nm @ 4400-4900rpm203Nm @ 4400-4900rpm203Nm @ 4400-4900rpm221Nm @ 3600rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Ground Clearance195 mm190 mm195 mm190 mm
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)800 kg800 kg800 kg480 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg480 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateMay 2019May 2019May 2019May 2019