Toyota Tarago XR 50 (2006-Present)

See the Best People Movers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

• Comfort
  • Features
Banyek
BanyekWestern Australia

Looks better than it is.

Chris D
Chris DIllawarra, NSW

Awesome car - 2008 Toyota Estima V6 Aeras 3.5L

Purchased in August 2019 at Best People Movers.

review123

BadgeEstima
Date PurchasedJune 2018

F. Fuller
F. FullerMareeba

A disappointing cramped fuel guzzler

We upgraded from an older Toyota Hiace Super custom to the 2014 Tarago. we have 6 kids and I knew from the start it was too small but went against my gut and now regret it. 8 seats yes but don’t expect to fit a realistic family of 8 comfortably. 2 adults, 2 teenage boys and 4 younger kids and no one is happy.
Add the terrible fuel consumption of the 4 cylinder and it’s a big regret on my part.
For a smaller say 4 kid family zipping around the suburbs it probably do fine but a big family

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Trollman
TrollmanSydney, NSW

Great and durable car!

Driving experience is great! Very smooth and great if your looking for a family car. I suggest if your looking for a car with better interior designs but less durability, get the Nissan Elgrand. Reliability is great and is cheap for its price. Servicing is cheap since the parts are basically everywhere

Date PurchasedJuly 2012
Vickie R
Vickie RSydney

Perfect Family car

This is a great family car, drives very smoothly and noise is limited. The dashboard and interior are quite nice but now out-dated compared to other cars. There is a lot of leg room for the front two rows but a bit squishy at the back. It is not heavy on fuel which is + and is quite affordable to run it but we do have another car. It is a beautiful family car, with it seating so many people and looking so good.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

our-latest-expert-car-reviews
fstee6
fstee6Miles

The best ever!!!

The seven seat Tarago Ultima is the most amazing car. The flexibility of the seating arrangement / storage area is fantastic. You can even comfortably sleep in it if need be. From the kids point of view the best aspect of the car is the leg rests that come up from the two seats in the middle row. It is an extremely powerful and smooth car to drive and guest (friends) that drive the car comment on how great it is. Very economical even though you can only use premium unleaded petrol in it. There is nothing that I could question with this vehicle. It is superb!!

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Sarah61
Sarah61AU

A fantastic car!

I bought the 2005 3L estima for my growing family and business. This vehicle is comfortable, modern and the designers anticipated every need I could have thought of. When I got it I thought it would feel insecure to drive, it's so tall! But instead it is a solid, secure and well balanced power/manoeuvrability drive. The extra space inside allows easy travel from the front to the back seats, great for young families, and there's heaps of boot space.

SandyS
SandySMelbourne

Great for family day outings!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Bashar
BasharFairfield West

No Lumbar support ,2 fake A/C outlets at back

Great to drive but not economic to run ,couple of my friends convert the van into LPG. I use the van as maxi Taxi my average spending is $55 .
When my friends converred into LPG the average went into $35. The coast to convert the van is around $4000.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Does the job!

BadgeGLX

2014 Tarago Ultima V6

RyanMelbourne

Good family car, but that's it...

2010 v6 GLi. Fantastic car for family with 3 kids

We are a family of 2 adults, 3 kids and usually my father-in-law too. We spent months test driving iMax, Odyssey, Carnival and looking for the best deal. Bought the 2010 v6 gli and couldn't be happier. Roomy, comfy, a shedload of power, can drive all day without getting sore, great to separate the kids, everything within reach. After years of paying out on Tarago owners I must admit I am totally sold on this car. I love it.

Transmissionauto

Jane G.
Jane G.asked
Tarago XR 50 (2006-Present)

My tarago was working fine,sat on lawn for awhile battery had died recharged battery tried to restart and it wouldn't crank over it trys to but won't. I hear everything come on like normal when I turn key on....it was low on fuel i tipped more fuel in from jerry can after doing so i realised the funnels nozzle had dirt in it could dirty fuel cause this? Any ideas? Prior to all this it was running fine

Karl B
Karl Basked
Tarago XR 50 (2006-Present)

I have a 2010 model with 215/55R17 tyres(as designed- low profile). Has anyone tried a a more standard size style to provide more width on the wall. Having issues with puncturing with collecting traffic islands / gutters.

Eliseadhasked
Tarago XR 50 (2006-Present)

I have 2015 4cyl GLX model, bought new in Feb. It is very comfortable and easy to drive. One annoying problem is sometimes when I take the foot off the accelerator to turn a corner when I need to depress the accelerator again nothing happens. I have to depress the accelerator twice to get power. Does any other Tarago owners have this problem?

Ryan

Actually it also happened to my wife's Tarago Ultima V6. Felt like the transmission loss traction and went into neutral temporarily... Not a good sign.

Eliseadh

Was your wife's Tarago able to be fixed?

random
random

what are the car mileage ? over 300K and an increase of power during the uphill drive?

See all Toyota Tarago XR 50 (2006-Present) questions

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives