Toyota Tarago XR 50 (2006-Present)

See the Best People Movers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

• Comfort
  • Features
Banyek
BanyekWestern Australia

Looks better than it is.

F. Fuller
F. FullerMareeba

A disappointing cramped fuel guzzler

We upgraded from an older Toyota Hiace Super custom to the 2014 Tarago. we have 6 kids and I knew from the start it was too small but went against my gut and now regret it. 8 seats yes but don’t expect to fit a realistic family of 8 comfortably. 2 adults, 2 teenage boys and 4 younger kids and no one is happy.
Add the terrible fuel consumption of the 4 cylinder and it’s a big regret on my part.
For a smaller say 4 kid family zipping around the suburbs it probably do fine but a big family

BadgeGLi
Engine Size2.4
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedAug 2017
Bashar
BasharFairfield West

No Lumbar support ,2 fake A/C outlets at back

Great to drive but not economic to run ,couple of my friends convert the van into LPG. I use the van as maxi Taxi my average spending is $55 .
When my friends converred into LPG the average went into $35. The coast to convert the van is around $4000.

BadgeGLi

Find out how Toyota Tarago XR 50 (2006-Present) compares to other People Movers

Jane G.
Jane G.asked
Tarago XR 50 (2006-Present)

My tarago was working fine,sat on lawn for awhile battery had died recharged battery tried to restart and it wouldn't crank over it trys to but won't. I hear everything come on like normal when I turn key on....it was low on fuel i tipped more fuel in from jerry can after doing so i realised the funnels nozzle had dirt in it could dirty fuel cause this? Any ideas? Prior to all this it was running fine

Karl B
Karl Basked
Tarago XR 50 (2006-Present)

I have a 2010 model with 215/55R17 tyres(as designed- low profile). Has anyone tried a a more standard size style to provide more width on the wall. Having issues with puncturing with collecting traffic islands / gutters.

Eliseadhasked
Tarago XR 50 (2006-Present)

I have 2015 4cyl GLX model, bought new in Feb. It is very comfortable and easy to drive. One annoying problem is sometimes when I take the foot off the accelerator to turn a corner when I need to depress the accelerator again nothing happens. I have to depress the accelerator twice to get power. Does any other Tarago owners have this problem?

Ryan
Ryan

Actually it also happened to my wife's Tarago Ultima V6. Felt like the transmission loss traction and went into neutral temporarily... Not a good sign.

Eliseadh

Was your wife's Tarago able to be fixed?

random
random

what are the car mileage ? over 300K and an increase of power during the uphill drive?

See all Toyota Tarago XR 50 (2006-Present) questions

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives