Toyota Tarago

Toyota Tarago Questions & Answers

XR 50 (2006-Present), XR 10 (1990-2000) and XR 30 (2000-2006)

40 questions from our users

Mick P

Mick Pasked

Tarago XR 30 (2000-2006)

I have toed a pop top caravan, horse float & car trailer (no car) with my 2004 Gli Tarago & the inside of my rear tires have worn badly. My mechanic says to replace the rear axel & my best friend who is an automotive engineer says to replace the bearings. Fantastic vehicle & don't want to lose it, no oil leaks with only 261k on the clock & great fuel economy. What should I do about the rear end??

Bucketasked

Hi,

Headlights stay on when turn ignition turned off. Lights previously turned off when hopped out of car.
What is causing this?

Chris D
Chris D

Hi Bucket. Did you previously have the headlights setting on "auto" and then changed the setting to something else? I'm convinced that some cars will for some reason flick the switch to another setting by themselves and you have to switch it back. Otherwise it may be an electrical issue and you may want to call an auto-electrician

Bucket

Thanks. I did not change settings, so I think it is an electricians job!

Della

Dellaasked

Tarago

What oil should I use for my Toyota Tarago 2007 petrol?

Riot R.

Riot R.asked

Tarago XR 30 (2000-2006)

How do I replace spark plugs and what tools will I need

Roger S.

Roger S.asked

Tarago

Will the rear bumper off a 97 Toyota tarago fit a 92 model? The metal frame part

Chloe W.

Chloe W.asked

Tarago XR 30 (2000-2006)

Can anyone tell me where the oil sensor is

emi t.

emi t.asked

Tarago

I am looking to buy a 2004 Toyota tarago, it has 385K's not sure how long the engine last and is this a safe car to buy?

F. Fuller

I personally wouldn’t buy a petrol engine with that many Ks on the clock.

Ashleigh L.

Ashleigh L.asked

Tarago

Can you convert a 8 seats -2007-2008 model - to 7 seats by removing one of the seats or can't they be removed?

Karl B

Karl Basked

Tarago XR 50 (2006-Present)

I have a 2010 model with 215/55R17 tyres(as designed- low profile). Has anyone tried a a more standard size style to provide more width on the wall. Having issues with puncturing with collecting traffic islands / gutters.

JCB21

JCB21asked

Hi Guys,
Good day!
Does any one knows or have an idea how to correct rear toe alignment of Tarago 2000 model acr30? Currently my Tarago have huge negative toe. Is there any other way to adjust except replacing the bushes.
Thank you!

Jamie D.

Jamie D.asked

Tarago

Does anybody know where I can find a video on how to replace a 2007 Toyota tarago cup holder?

Phil

Philasked

Tarago

What are people's fuel consumptions like with the Tarago? I have a 2007 Gli 4cylinder which is giving me around 12L city and 8.8L highway per 100kms. Wondering if that's normal. A full tank will only get around 430-450Km in the city before the fuel light goes on, and around 600Km for the same thing on the highway. Fill up from when fuel light is on is 53L.

Drk
Drk

We had a 2.4 and never got better than 9.5L to 100ks on the highway. Will last for ever. We now have a 3.5 which uses about 1 liter more per 100ks. But it goes like stink. By the way...a lot of people say the 3.5 needs premium fuel. This is nonsense. You can use e10,normal,premium or BP ultimate. The e10 and the standard fuel makes it stink under hard throttle. Which is good if you have just been stuck behind some fool going slow.

Darryl C.

Darryl C.asked

Tarago XR 30 (2000-2006)

Dose the 1998 Toyota tarago have a _2 Lt oil reserve bottle under bonet like the 1995 tarago ?

Duncan

Duncanasked

Tarago XR 30 (2000-2006)

Where is the dipstick located for the transmission oil level for Toyota Tarago late 2000 2.4 Auto?

review123

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that model Tarago - I don't know the answer to your question: but in Australia I think most cars now have a yellow coloured grip at the engine oil dipstick: Cheers

Jamie G

Jamie Gasked

Hey will a 2005 tarago drivers door fit a 2007 tarago? thanks

review123

Probably depends if there was a model change between those years - suggest you contact a local panel beater they should know or at least find out. Cheers

fred

fredasked

Tarago XR 10 (1990-2000)

Where is the speed sensor located in a tarago 1992 model?

Dan c

Dan casked

Tarago

I have a 2001 Tarago 7 seater. Where abouts in the middle row are the anchor points for a baby seat? I thought it was in the back row till I read previous comments

review123

Hi Dan c : I'm not sure where the anchor points are in a 2001 model Tarago but in the 8 seater 2012 GLX model I purchased second hand the manufacturer provided anchor points to my knowledge are located in the lower back of the middle row. I don't actually use this vehicle but it was purchased for another family member to drive and they needed extra anchor points in the rear row and these were retro fitted by a certified installer. Not sure if this answers your question. Cheers.

F. Fuller

I can’t help on the 2001 either, mine is a 2014 and as the previous reply states the 3 points are at the lower middle on the back of the middle row. I have no points for the back row as they are tumble seats and would not be suitable for that use to my knowledge. Looking at photos of a 2001, you have way more space then I do in the 2014!! But I’d say you would need to have points installed probably on the roof if you wish to fit anchild seat on your back row.

Hywel
Hywel

On the back of the middle row seats, near where the fabric changes to carpet. If they aren't already there, you may have to pick up some from Supercheap/Big W and they will screw right in.

dexter18

dexter18asked

Tarago

My toyota tarago GLI (1999) with 60 litres unleaded petrol did just 300 km.
Does anyone has any suggestion?

MarkEm
MarkEm

Hard question to answer as there are so many technical factors including the style of driving. I recommend that you take the vehicle for a service at a trusted mechanic, if you are not overly technical as doing things wrong could end up coasting you more.

Here is a list of items that typically cause poor fuel consumption in any car:
- Incorrect tire pressures
- Missed oil and oil filter changes, causing sludge and poor lubrication
- Bad wheel alignment
- Sticking brakes (brakes needing a service)
- Old/clogged air filter
- Worn spark plugs
- Dirty airflow meter (if you vehicle is equipped with one)
- Worn/dirty O2 sensor/s

Sky

Skyasked

Tarago XR 10 (1990-2000)

Hi what other front seats fit a 99 Tarago?

Lurch

Lurchasked

Tarago

My tarago is stuck in park how do I fix it?

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives