Toyota Tarago

See the Best People Movers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ryan

RyanMelbourne

Good family car, but that's it...

BadgeUltima

2010 v6 GLi. Fantastic car for family with 3 kids

We are a family of 2 adults, 3 kids and usually my father-in-law too. We spent months test driving iMax, Odyssey, Carnival and looking for the best deal. Bought the 2010 v6 gli and couldn't be happier. Roomy, comfy, a shedload of power, can drive all day without getting sore, great to separate the kids, everything within reach. After years of paying out on Tarago owners I must admit I am totally sold on this car. I love it.

Transmissionauto

gavin

gavinPerth, Western Australia

V6 Ultima bought with 203000kms on the clock.

Had it for a year so far and can't fault it.
Got it cheap 23k for a 2008. Powerful engine handles really well considering size. Smooth transmission.
Had a Prado, Kids much prefer the Tarago.
Love the captain seats in the middle row.
The electric doors, the electric foldaway seats. Everything works and keeps working.
Haven't even had it serviced yet. Better do that.
Engine Power, and those electric sliding rear doors
Light interior marks a bit easy.

Tarago2000

My favourite car so far

Shellcobra

ShellcobraAU

Love tarago s

I am currently waiting delivery of my 5th Tarago, this is my first brand new one. A 2013 GLX. We have found them reliable, economical and comfortable. We are foster carers and need flexibility, we also take the grandparents on holidays with us regularly. Nice to drive does not feel like a tank, easy to park and they look great. It uses half the petrol of our much smaller Subaru forester. I have been driving Taragos since the 80s. We sometimes have 5 baby seats and booster with no issues. Love this car would recommend them to anyone. Very comfortable drive. I have sold the last 3 for what I paid so hold their value well. Sold privately as soon as they are listed
Style, comfort, fuel economy
Hard to get

DinkeeDi

DinkeeDiAU

Excellent Very reliable family car!

TransmissionAutomatic

Excellent vehicle...if your thinking shall I buy...BUY!

Bought a 2001 Toyota Estima model...yes I know...it's the the Non Australian version of the Toyota Tarago... but very similar to the Tarago. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about it! Tonnes of room for our big family, doors on both sides for ease of getting in and out. Tonnes of space in the back and very easy for kids to get to the back without standing on the seats. Motor is not thirsty either, very economical to run. Would absolutely recommend for a large family. Also, is great for sticking a DVD player on the centre cieling and the kids were entertained on every trip!
Reliable, fuel efficient, aesthetically pleasing, back window tints, back windows also power windows not push outs.

Glokhead
Glokhead

Looking at the Estima as well. Would you recommend the 2.4L or is it under-powered? There is the 3.0L version and it might just provide that extra boost?

Holly21
Holly21

how many child anchor points are there in the car? Looking at getting a 2002 model but will need to have 3 child anchor points

mar_lof

mar_lofAU

OK

I would recommend for reliability and space but I can't recomendd for seat configuration. It is dissapointing that it comes with 2 lap belts and only 3 anchor points which makes it difficult for people with more than 3 kids in child seats/boosters.
Very room, nice driver seat adjustability. Nice to drive and very reliable. We have had a secondhand 2005 tarago for 3 years and have had no problems as all.
Having 2 seat with lap belts makes those seat virtually usless unless you use have a baby seat in the middle seat of the middle row. Having no anchor points makes the back middle seat usless in all circumstances untless you are comfortable with compromising safety.

casspice

casspiceSA, 5115

I love this car but Toyota need to re-think seatbelts and anchor points

shopping247

shopping247

blakey
blakey

buying one for son and family could you suggest a good modle

koala_bear21
koala_bear21

I brought one today a 2008 glx its great.

martinlv

martinlv

CLB

CLBSydney, NSW

Good for families with young children.

Alan Davies
Alan Davies

Good

I enjoy driving this car, this model is not equipped with too many electric gadgets, it is responsive, toyota reliability and great family car
Go the V6 Tarago. Finally a reliable people mover made with real power - Aurion/Lexus engine. I own the GLX (2007) model, bought near new and its a great car. I have 4 kids (ages 3 to 12) and easy for kids to get in and out - 2nd row has captain chairs (7 seater), rear seats go into floor, comfort plus and I feel safe. Beats my previously owned Chrysler Voyager (2003 model) by a mile.
No trip computer, too much front end power

I read the Chryslers were real lemons. How was your experience?

mlw2001

Boudie

simm_mee

simm_meevic, 3020

Good

a great people mover that has a large enough boot to fit a twin pram, interior kiddie friendly material that is easy to clean after those accidental spills
this is a great people mover, we have brought the 7 seater vesion and i just love the room...great boot space plenty for our pram as having 5 kids ( 3 under 3) i found the boot space in many other cars insufficent to fit our pram.sat nav and inbuilt dvd player along with the foot rests for the middle row of seats make this car a superior car to have. easy to operate door opening by the push of a button and electrical fold down of the back row of seats
you cant fit an additional car seat bolt as it is illegal lucky for us our toddler is heavy enough to go into a booster seat.

marcb
marcb

The statement about it is ilegal to fit another child restriant is incorrect. You can fit a crab bar in the back providing an additonal 3 child restraints. See your 4wd specilist for this

S.P

S.PAU

Excellent People Mover.

Transmission6 Speed Auto

KateR

KateR

Best car for a med/large family who also carry stuff and need flexibility of space. Reliable, comfortable, versatile and would highly recommend it ------ by why, oh why, did Toyota stop making it!?!?!?
The space is brilliant, nothing quite like it in the market, so it's a real pity they stopped making it! This is my fourth Tarago in a row, since 1993! I was thinking of replacing the current one (new in 2004) so have test driven everything else and none have the space and comfort, so I'll keep mine for now.
Wish the handbrake was somewhere else - it's nice to have space between the seats (the old Tarago had the brake by the driver's seat).

Mick P

Mick Pasked

Tarago XR 30 (2000-2006)

I have toed a pop top caravan, horse float & car trailer (no car) with my 2004 Gli Tarago & the inside of my rear tires have worn badly. My mechanic says to replace the rear axel & my best friend who is an automotive engineer says to replace the bearings. Fantastic vehicle & don't want to lose it, no oil leaks with only 261k on the clock & great fuel economy. What should I do about the rear end??

Bucketasked

Hi,

Headlights stay on when turn ignition turned off. Lights previously turned off when hopped out of car.
What is causing this?

Chris D
Chris D

Hi Bucket. Did you previously have the headlights setting on "auto" and then changed the setting to something else? I'm convinced that some cars will for some reason flick the switch to another setting by themselves and you have to switch it back. Otherwise it may be an electrical issue and you may want to call an auto-electrician

Bucket

Thanks. I did not change settings, so I think it is an electricians job!

Della

Dellaasked

What oil should I use for my Toyota Tarago 2007 petrol?

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives