Toyota Tarago

• Features
  • Comfort
Yvonne B

Yvonne B

I need infomation on this vehicle

This car has only done 75k which is very low for a car of this age and I would like to hear any problems if anyone has got one or owned one it has been very well looked after and in very good condition I am thinking of buying it but don't know about parts for an imported model

Badgeestima

Does the job!

BadgeGLX

Amazing hearty car

I have had my Tarago for 11 years. It has only given me trouble when l left on the interior light. When you have 3 kids at all different schools, you need a reliable car. I am ready to update my car, but it is just such a great car to give away. The only gripe I have is that it is not the most comfortable car which was a 2002 Gli. Otherwise the car has been through thick and thin

BadgeGLi

2014 Tarago Ultima V6

Ryan

RyanMelbourne

Good family car, but that's it...

BadgeUltima

2010 v6 GLi. Fantastic car for family with 3 kids

We are a family of 2 adults, 3 kids and usually my father-in-law too. We spent months test driving iMax, Odyssey, Carnival and looking for the best deal. Bought the 2010 v6 gli and couldn't be happier. Roomy, comfy, a shedload of power, can drive all day without getting sore, great to separate the kids, everything within reach. After years of paying out on Tarago owners I must admit I am totally sold on this car. I love it.

Transmissionauto
gavin

gavinPerth, Western Australia

V6 Ultima bought with 203000kms on the clock.

Had it for a year so far and can't fault it.
Got it cheap 23k for a 2008. Powerful engine handles really well considering size. Smooth transmission.
Had a Prado, Kids much prefer the Tarago.
Love the captain seats in the middle row.
The electric doors, the electric foldaway seats. Everything works and keeps working.
Haven't even had it serviced yet. Better do that.
Engine Power, and those electric sliding rear doors
Light interior marks a bit easy.

Tarago2000

My favourite car so far

Shellcobra

ShellcobraAU

Love tarago s

I am currently waiting delivery of my 5th Tarago, this is my first brand new one. A 2013 GLX. We have found them reliable, economical and comfortable. We are foster carers and need flexibility, we also take the grandparents on holidays with us regularly. Nice to drive does not feel like a tank, easy to park and they look great. It uses half the petrol of our much smaller Subaru forester. I have been driving Taragos since the 80s. We sometimes have 5 baby seats and booster with no issues. Love this car would recommend them to anyone. Very comfortable drive. I have sold the last 3 for what I paid so hold their value well. Sold privately as soon as they are listed
Style, comfort, fuel economy
Hard to get

DinkeeDi

DinkeeDiAU

Excellent Very reliable family car!

TransmissionAutomatic

Excellent vehicle...if your thinking shall I buy...BUY!

Bought a 2001 Toyota Estima model...yes I know...it's the the Non Australian version of the Toyota Tarago... but very similar to the Tarago. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about it! Tonnes of room for our big family, doors on both sides for ease of getting in and out. Tonnes of space in the back and very easy for kids to get to the back without standing on the seats. Motor is not thirsty either, very economical to run. Would absolutely recommend for a large family. Also, is great for sticking a DVD player on the centre cieling and the kids were entertained on every trip!
Reliable, fuel efficient, aesthetically pleasing, back window tints, back windows also power windows not push outs.

Glokhead
Glokhead

Looking at the Estima as well. Would you recommend the 2.4L or is it under-powered? There is the 3.0L version and it might just provide that extra boost?

Holly21
Holly21

how many child anchor points are there in the car? Looking at getting a 2002 model but will need to have 3 child anchor points

mar_lof

mar_lofAU

OK

I would recommend for reliability and space but I can't recomendd for seat configuration. It is dissapointing that it comes with 2 lap belts and only 3 anchor points which makes it difficult for people with more than 3 kids in child seats/boosters.
Very room, nice driver seat adjustability. Nice to drive and very reliable. We have had a secondhand 2005 tarago for 3 years and have had no problems as all.
Having 2 seat with lap belts makes those seat virtually usless unless you use have a baby seat in the middle seat of the middle row. Having no anchor points makes the back middle seat usless in all circumstances untless you are comfortable with compromising safety.

casspice

casspiceSA, 5115

I love this car but Toyota need to re-think seatbelts and anchor points

shopping247

shopping247

blakey
blakey

buying one for son and family could you suggest a good modle

koala_bear21
koala_bear21

I brought one today a 2008 glx its great.

martinlv

martinlv

CLB

CLBSydney, NSW

Good for families with young children.

Alan Davies
Alan Davies

Good

I enjoy driving this car, this model is not equipped with too many electric gadgets, it is responsive, toyota reliability and great family car
Go the V6 Tarago. Finally a reliable people mover made with real power - Aurion/Lexus engine. I own the GLX (2007) model, bought near new and its a great car. I have 4 kids (ages 3 to 12) and easy for kids to get in and out - 2nd row has captain chairs (7 seater), rear seats go into floor, comfort plus and I feel safe. Beats my previously owned Chrysler Voyager (2003 model) by a mile.
No trip computer, too much front end power

I read the Chryslers were real lemons. How was your experience?