Toyota TownAce

Toyota TownAce

See the Best Vans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

• Handling
Geoff
GeoffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terry the Townace

Purchased in August 2019 for $2,800.00.

kit.peters
kit.petersNew South Wales, Australia

Our 2003 TownAce, which we have owned and run continuously for 11 years ... has just been written off!!
Some idiot drove up the back with great force. We are so sad! In terms of reliability and usefulness, this has been the best - easily - we've ever owned .. and I have owned many vans. So easy to drive, great turning circle, extremely comfortable and convenient, easy to park ... the list of virtues could go on.
WHY did Toyota stop making them?

TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedApr 2007
Long P
Long P

Noisy but funtional

This is a very basic van, take you and you stuff in places and that is it. I would not see any joy driving the van but it do it job and continue to do so with just regular services mostly oil change. Very noisy inside but still driveing more like a car than a van

TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedJan 2015
philander
philanderAU

1998 Toyota Town Ace

This is an outstanding Vehicle, very basic but extremely economical to run, soooo light on petrol and very inexpensive to repair .....Served us very well with little moves and building alterations, ideally Toyota should of continued production, if i had the choice again i would of preferred fuel injection and Power steering

TransmissionManual
Vans

Find out how Toyota TownAce compares to other Vans

Jim
Jim

No fuss, won't die

I bought a 99 townace sbv with 175000 km and sold it at 325000 km. When I moved overseas. In this time the vehicle was flawlessly reliable, and we really put it to the test, taking it on roads and with loads that it wasn't really designed for. The only significant repairs required were a diff and a Uni joint, not bad for a car of this mileage. These parts were readily sourced and Inexpensive. As an sbv, the engine was readily accessible for servicing. The vehicle's build quality was excellent. I wish Toyota would have continued making this model, or rather that Australia would have continued importing them after 2003. So unfortunate that now I must find a substitute.

TransmissionManual
vanessa lisa
vanessa lisaMelbourne

Best car I've ever owned

otzi
otziAU

Tough little nugget

Just loved this van.Quite drivable. I fitted tradesman roof rack, bull bar and tow bar. After removing both sway bars the van equipped it's self well on unmade roads whilst displaying no difference on the road.
Finally sold it to get the 2 Liter auto Spacia. Same song different verse. Can't speak to highly of it.
ride, maneuverability, van grows on you, easy repair and service. doesn't give up. Very easy to slide in and out of.
fuel consumption far too heavy for a 1.8, too low high gear,

goldwingman
goldwingman

My Townace is a Great Van but it's to lower geared can you change the diff for a sedan diff if you can change over diff which diff can i use as i use my van for a town car as well Thank You all Members

ghecko
ghecko

Hi can you tell me how you went with the tarago diff