Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YR

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YR (2011-2014)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Waris

WarisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Bullet proof Reliability

Purchased in October 2016 at Pickles Auctions for $9,000.00.

Noise Level
Comfort

Marty G

Marty GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great little car

Just purchased one for my mum brand new from the dealer. Great little car. Cheap to maintain and drives on the smell of an oily rag.
The car is comfortable and comes with all the latest bells and whistles.
I certainly would recommend the Yaris for an everyday car for anybody young or old.

Engine Size1.5
Date PurchasedJan 2019
Boris

BorisRobina

Great Car only a few wishes

The Yaris IS a great car. Reliable, reasonably priced, low mileage, etc. The only issues are:
: Why did they not stay with digital speedo. So difficult to see 50 KPH in the 50 KPH speed areas.
: The 1.3 auto is a bit gutless. Wish I had stayed with the manual. This is my issue and should not really reflect on the car as it still get around OK. But nice to have a bit more power when you need it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Nicky

NickyBrisbane

Great little car

I purchased this little car 4 years ago and I am still loving it. It has given me no issues so far and runs really well. It is a great car for inner city living and zipping around the city. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for something economical and small.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

lizy

lizy

Love this car. So glad i upgraded

This is an excellent car, cheap to run,very quiet motor, love the interior, handles just perfectly, performance is just as it should be, plenty of leg room, great interior colours on the seats, gps is a godsend, and had rhe wi dows tinted for cooler incside during the hot queensland summers.

Engine Size$14,000
Date PurchasedMay 2018

Chris P

Chris PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Well Marketed

Well designed and marketed vehicle. Small, short, wide wheel based. Handles like a go cart. Three gears auto gutsy small city car. Steers boldly with great torque for engine size. Spacey and comfortable. Economical and cheap to run. Really a two seater. Sporty ride and pulls up sweet. OK on highway for a small car. Almost a mini cruiser. Good vision all round. More fun than my Mazda 2 Sedan and just as zippy. Good boot for size and comfy seats. Not the safest car because of its size - good value for money - mini bodge box

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Kathleen

KathleenMelbourne

Can't live without my car

I have a 2016 Toyota Yaris and I can't brag enough about it. It's the perfect size for myself and the bluetooth system works flawlessly to connect my music and phone calls. The price I paid of $17000 was very reasonable for a brand new car and fuel economy is great, getting about 500km on a $40 full tank.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

nicolewang

nicolewang

Budget car

My partner drives it most of the time and he says it is pretty good and powerful for its price. It does struggles a bit when going uphill or with the air con turned on but generally it's fine. It is small, cosy and easy to drive, suitable for our daily use.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Ash

AshSydney

Extremely reliable and not so small

Got this car as a 21st present from my family and it's amazing. I own a 2015 Yaris YR and don't let the exterior fool you, the interior feels a lot bigger than my other family car. It's extremely light and handles great and is by far the most fuel efficient car i have ever driven. My only issue is the bluetooth/touch screen technology which sometimes messes up but not enough to bring my rating down. 5/5

Date PurchasedAug 2016
bcchgeneral

bcchgeneralSydney, NSW

Basic, economical, reliable so far

Driving experience: performance is zippy enough, handling is good, very little noise.
Interior: it's basic, and there are some silly compromises. The touchscreen / rear vision camera is a nice addition. The glove box isn't even big enough to hold the manual / logbook folder that they came in! There's less internal storage than I'd want. But legroom is great.
Reliability: so far so good, but it's only been 2 months.
Running costs: Toyota have fixed price servicing for 3 years, so that's good.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

YaZ

YaZCanberra

Great value for money

Pros:
fuel economy is impressive. My car runs 500km in just $30 worth of fuel.
small and easy to drive, great for 1-2 person use or small families.
Cons:
the 4-speed, 1.3L engine is lacking just a little bit of power, especially in hilly areas, it really takes a while to build up your speed.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

gilly silly

gilly sillymelbourne

cheap reliable little car

As with all toyotas, reliability is the most noticeable feature. I have been driving to work everyday for the past 4 years with this little car, 250 kms each way, and it has never given me any problem. The mileage (i have the manual version) is pretty good, with a full tank giving me about 640 kms depending on the traffic conditions. The car is very spacey (5 doors), the driver seat is quite ergonomic although not luxurious. The engine is quiet but it can get a little noisy on hot days with full aircon on.
The downside is that once it gets to about 95,000 kms it loses a little bit of acceleration it had at the beginning.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Louie

Louiesydney

one of the best small cars around but would like to see more power

I own a 2017 toyota yaris YR. i got a terrific deal as it was a demo car. although the car is great in all areas, i would like to see it have more power as sometimes when I drive the car up hills it struggles, even in low gear.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

woozie

wooziePerth, WA

Like my car- does the job.

My Toyota Yaris hatch feels roomier than it looks and I like that the seat provides some support to keep the body from leaning too far on turns. It's economical... uses 6 point something L/100km. Bluetooth is great. My only negative is that the 1.3L manual doesn't have enough power. I have stalled quite a few times, especially going up the driveway...so have to consciously rev it more to get going in some circumstances. Maybe it's my poor skills, but I've also seen good experienced drivers stall my car.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
robertbryson

robertbrysonSA, 5075

TOYOTA 2017 YR YARIS 1.3 L AUTOMATIC.

I purchased a 2011 model ( the upgrade 2012 model ) and as it was now 5 years old I decided to trade it in on the new 2017 model.
I am delighted with the new car purchased on 30th June this year.
This model comes with cruise control and a rear reversing camera (as standard) that displayed on the dash console.
The fuel economy is very good and the power of the 1.3 L motor is excellent.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Panthera

PantheraAU

Perfect for fuel savings

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Hun

HunSydney

Good reliable car

Toyota yaris is a good reliable small car with great fuel efficiency. Driving for 3 years and never had any mazor problem with this except regular services. Air condition is pretty good. Small hatch back car with does not have too mich running cost. Good car for a family. .

Engine Size1.5
Date PurchasedNov 2013

Charlie

Charlie

Great car.

Would without hesitation endorse this car, we have the 1300 auto and has all the power we need and very economical to run, great on the open road as well as around town. Bought a Honda Jazz as well 1300 manual and have to say I prefer this myself but both are excellent value. Don't believe what the test drivers say in the mags, these are real world cars for real people in the real world.

Engine Size1300

robertbryson

robertbrysonSA, 5075

Great economical small car.

We bought this vehicle new from northpoint toyota at Hillcrest S.A. in December of 2011.
It was the new 2012 model and we have been very happy with the cars performance. We looked around at Mazda ,Suzuki and Honda but value for money and the smaller motor were reasons we settled on the Yaris.
The car is reliable and has bluetooth for the phone and electronic windows.

Lola