Toyota Yaris XP130 Hatch YR

Toyota Yaris XP130 Hatch YR (2011-2014)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

• Comfort
  • Features
Fran
Fran

Terrible clear coat/paint peeling after only 5 years. No help from Toyota!

Red Yaris 9 years old, 63,000kms. Looks terrible, clear coat peeled in patches, requires $5000 paint fix. Regular carpark survey shows it's very common problem. Looks terrible makes car worthless.

Purchased in April 2012 at Toyota Dealers.

Lisa S.
Lisa S.South East Queensland, QLD

Paint started peeling

Car used for commuting to work. Mainly parked under cover.
Car used approx 5 days per week
Serviced as per schedule
No mechanical issues
Issue with paint peeling at approx 6 years old. Peeling all along bottom of back window and spots of peeling paint on roof and bonnet. It is the clear coat that is peeling. Can see this has occurred with many yaris cars by looking at other complaints online.

Purchased in March 2014 at Toyota Dealers for $18,000.00.

Waris
WarisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Bullet proof Reliability

Purchased in October 2016 at Pickles Auctions for $9,000.00.

Nicky
NickyBrisbane

Great little car

I purchased this little car 4 years ago and I am still loving it. It has given me no issues so far and runs really well. It is a great car for inner city living and zipping around the city. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for something economical and small.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

lizy
lizySouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this car. So glad i upgraded

This is an excellent car, cheap to run,very quiet motor, love the interior, handles just perfectly, performance is just as it should be, plenty of leg room, great interior colours on the seats, gps is a godsend, and had rhe wi dows tinted for cooler incside during the hot queensland summers.

Engine Size$14,000
Date PurchasedMay 2018
Kathleen
KathleenMelbourne

Can't live without my car

I have a 2016 Toyota Yaris and I can't brag enough about it. It's the perfect size for myself and the bluetooth system works flawlessly to connect my music and phone calls. The price I paid of $17000 was very reasonable for a brand new car and fuel economy is great, getting about 500km on a $40 full tank.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
nicolewang
nicolewang

Budget car

My partner drives it most of the time and he says it is pretty good and powerful for its price. It does struggles a bit when going uphill or with the air con turned on but generally it's fine. It is small, cosy and easy to drive, suitable for our daily use.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Ash
AshSydney

Extremely reliable and not so small

Got this car as a 21st present from my family and it's amazing. I own a 2015 Yaris YR and don't let the exterior fool you, the interior feels a lot bigger than my other family car. It's extremely light and handles great and is by far the most fuel efficient car i have ever driven. My only issue is the bluetooth/touch screen technology which sometimes messes up but not enough to bring my rating down. 5/5

Date PurchasedAug 2016

bcchgeneral
bcchgeneralSydney, NSW

Basic, economical, reliable so far

Driving experience: performance is zippy enough, handling is good, very little noise.
Interior: it's basic, and there are some silly compromises. The touchscreen / rear vision camera is a nice addition. The glove box isn't even big enough to hold the manual / logbook folder that they came in! There's less internal storage than I'd want. But legroom is great.
Reliability: so far so good, but it's only been 2 months.
Running costs: Toyota have fixed price servicing for 3 years, so that's good.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

YaZ
YaZCanberra

Great value for money

Pros:
fuel economy is impressive. My car runs 500km in just $30 worth of fuel.
small and easy to drive, great for 1-2 person use or small families.
Cons:
the 4-speed, 1.3L engine is lacking just a little bit of power, especially in hilly areas, it really takes a while to build up your speed.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
gilly silly
gilly sillymelbourne

cheap reliable little car

As with all toyotas, reliability is the most noticeable feature. I have been driving to work everyday for the past 4 years with this little car, 250 kms each way, and it has never given me any problem. The mileage (i have the manual version) is pretty good, with a full tank giving me about 640 kms depending on the traffic conditions. The car is very spacey (5 doors), the driver seat is quite ergonomic although not luxurious. The engine is quiet but it can get a little noisy on hot days with full aircon on.
The downside is that once it gets to about 95,000 kms it loses a little bit of acceleration it had at the beginning.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Louie
Louiesydney

one of the best small cars around but would like to see more power

I own a 2017 toyota yaris YR. i got a terrific deal as it was a demo car. although the car is great in all areas, i would like to see it have more power as sometimes when I drive the car up hills it struggles, even in low gear.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

woozie
wooziePerth, WA

Like my car- does the job.

My Toyota Yaris hatch feels roomier than it looks and I like that the seat provides some support to keep the body from leaning too far on turns. It's economical... uses 6 point something L/100km. Bluetooth is great. My only negative is that the 1.3L manual doesn't have enough power. I have stalled quite a few times, especially going up the driveway...so have to consciously rev it more to get going in some circumstances. Maybe it's my poor skills, but I've also seen good experienced drivers stall my car.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
robertbryson
robertbrysonSA, 5075

TOYOTA 2017 YR YARIS 1.3 L AUTOMATIC.

I purchased a 2011 model ( the upgrade 2012 model ) and as it was now 5 years old I decided to trade it in on the new 2017 model.
I am delighted with the new car purchased on 30th June this year.
This model comes with cruise control and a rear reversing camera (as standard) that displayed on the dash console.
The fuel economy is very good and the power of the 1.3 L motor is excellent.

Date PurchasedJune 2017