Toyota Yaris XP130 Hatch YR

Toyota Yaris XP130 Hatch YR (2011-2014)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

• Comfort
  • Features
Fran
Fran

Terrible clear coat/paint peeling after only 5 years. No help from Toyota!

Red Yaris 9 years old, 63,000kms. Looks terrible, clear coat peeled in patches, requires $5000 paint fix. Regular carpark survey shows it's very common problem. Looks terrible makes car worthless.

Purchased in April 2012 at Toyota Dealers.

Waris
WarisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Bullet proof Reliability

Purchased in October 2016 at Pickles Auctions for $9,000.00.

Nicky
NickyBrisbane

Great little car

I purchased this little car 4 years ago and I am still loving it. It has given me no issues so far and runs really well. It is a great car for inner city living and zipping around the city. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for something economical and small.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
lizy
lizySouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this car. So glad i upgraded

This is an excellent car, cheap to run,very quiet motor, love the interior, handles just perfectly, performance is just as it should be, plenty of leg room, great interior colours on the seats, gps is a godsend, and had rhe wi dows tinted for cooler incside during the hot queensland summers.

Engine Size$14,000
Date PurchasedMay 2018

Kathleen
KathleenMelbourne

Can't live without my car

I have a 2016 Toyota Yaris and I can't brag enough about it. It's the perfect size for myself and the bluetooth system works flawlessly to connect my music and phone calls. The price I paid of $17000 was very reasonable for a brand new car and fuel economy is great, getting about 500km on a $40 full tank.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
nicolewang
nicolewang

Budget car

My partner drives it most of the time and he says it is pretty good and powerful for its price. It does struggles a bit when going uphill or with the air con turned on but generally it's fine. It is small, cosy and easy to drive, suitable for our daily use.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Ash
AshSydney

Extremely reliable and not so small

Got this car as a 21st present from my family and it's amazing. I own a 2015 Yaris YR and don't let the exterior fool you, the interior feels a lot bigger than my other family car. It's extremely light and handles great and is by far the most fuel efficient car i have ever driven. My only issue is the bluetooth/touch screen technology which sometimes messes up but not enough to bring my rating down. 5/5

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

our-latest-expert-car-reviews
gilly silly
gilly sillymelbourne

cheap reliable little car

As with all toyotas, reliability is the most noticeable feature. I have been driving to work everyday for the past 4 years with this little car, 250 kms each way, and it has never given me any problem. The mileage (i have the manual version) is pretty good, with a full tank giving me about 640 kms depending on the traffic conditions. The car is very spacey (5 doors), the driver seat is quite ergonomic although not luxurious. The engine is quiet but it can get a little noisy on hot days with full aircon on.
The downside is that once it gets to about 95,000 kms it loses a little bit of acceleration it had at the beginning.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedNov 2013

robertbryson
robertbrysonSA, 5075

TOYOTA 2017 YR YARIS 1.3 L AUTOMATIC.

I purchased a 2011 model ( the upgrade 2012 model ) and as it was now 5 years old I decided to trade it in on the new 2017 model.
I am delighted with the new car purchased on 30th June this year.
This model comes with cruise control and a rear reversing camera (as standard) that displayed on the dash console.
The fuel economy is very good and the power of the 1.3 L motor is excellent.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Panthera
PantheraAU

Perfect for fuel savings

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Charlie
Charlie

Great car.

Would without hesitation endorse this car, we have the 1300 auto and has all the power we need and very economical to run, great on the open road as well as around town. Bought a Honda Jazz as well 1300 manual and have to say I prefer this myself but both are excellent value. Don't believe what the test drivers say in the mags, these are real world cars for real people in the real world.

Engine Size1300

robertbryson
robertbrysonSA, 5075

Great economical small car.

We bought this vehicle new from northpoint toyota at Hillcrest S.A. in December of 2011.
It was the new 2012 model and we have been very happy with the cars performance. We looked around at Mazda ,Suzuki and Honda but value for money and the smaller motor were reasons we settled on the Yaris.
The car is reliable and has bluetooth for the phone and electronic windows.

Lola