Toyota Yaris XP130 Hatch Ascent

Toyota Yaris XP130 Hatch Ascent (2011-2021)

Also referred to as: Toyota Yaris XP130 Hatch Ascent 2020 and Toyota Yaris XP130 Hatch Ascent 2022.
See the Best Hatchbacks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

• Features
mayon
mayonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fuel efficient small car

I bought yaris as used car after 30 k run, 2015 model...recently changed the battery..it s very cheap to run the car for work...freeway drive bit noisy..cheap to run ..good for starters to save money..

Purchased in April 2020 for $10,500.00.

heidijaneh
heidijaneh

Such a reliable car

I just use this car for running around the city. It is easy to maintain. Cost effective. I like that seats can go down so I can slide surprisingly large items in! It's small and easy to park. Love the reverse camera. I get it serviced regularly and no issues other than a high clutch point, which is a preference thing.

Purchased in July 2015 at Toyota Dealers.

Sarah J.
Sarah J.

Perfect little car

My car is for personal use. Just around my suburb normally. I have 2 car seats in the back. I've had 1 service so far and it was good customer service. The people at Mornington Toyota were great to deal with.
The only issue with the car is that is a bit loud but doesn't bother me that much. Get about 400km out of a tank. When the fuel is good I pay about $40-$45 to full it

Purchased in March 2018 at Toyota Dealers for $16,999.00.

OT111
OT111Sydney

Some things to consider before buying

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Hatchbacks

Find out how Toyota Yaris XP130 Hatch Ascent compares to other Hatchbacks

Ok for single person use

Not as strong performance, but a reliable car. Interiors are good, and cheap to run and maintain. As a hatchback, able to utilise back seats for extra space as boot space. New designs are looking better. Would recommend for single person use such as myself (I am a university student).

Engine Size1.5
Date PurchasedDec 2017
den
denSydney, NSW

Worst car seat and suspension

Bought 2015Yaris brand new from stewArt Toyota...things needs to be considered... its engine size is small hence low power and torque, seats are the most uncomfortable.. I had a hip problem after driving half an hour( that’s the only reason I have sell it within 1 month), no foot rest, suspension is horrible , worst in humps..exterior material is a very thin tin (feels very cheap and light), trunk size is ok...please consider these things before getting one.. consider i30 or vw polo or golf or Mazda 3 in your shopping list.. cheers

Date PurchasedNov 2015
chuck48
chuck48AU

Toyota reliability.

The Yaris auto was bought for my wife. A little heavy on the fuel for a 1300cc motor. Fixed price servicing hard to beat. Ride is a little noisy. Easy to park and plenty of leg room. Radio/CD player in both my Corolla and Yaris are not as good as expected (USB issues). Internal fit out basic. Seats comfortable and good vision. Reversing display obscure at night and in bad light. Starts first time and keeps going.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Kyle S
Kyle SAdelaide

Good little car!

Bought this car for gf recently and for the price of the car it is great value. Included were all the options such as bluetooth, power everything, reverse camera and cruise control. Great car for around the city but not much of a fan of it at higher speeds. It is also great on fuel, city driving = less than $20/week to get to work and back plus other driving around.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Paul
PaulMaroochydore

Very economical at the expense of power.

I do like my Yaris but do tend to stick to my RAV 4 for anything other than basic town commuting as the Yaris just doesn't have the grunt that is needed at times. Can be sluggish taking off from roundabouts, and can need a bit of 'pedal to the metal' on hill starts. I can't really complain when I fill the tank once a month and travel around 10-15kms a day on average. Great easy to use stereo system that works well with my bluetooth phone.

TransmissionManual

Happy

J W
J Wmelbourne

2015 Yaris

I am very happy with the new design of the 2015 model. I wanted to have a safe car and set my eyes on Toyota because of its safety design and reliability. Having been driving this for 4 months, this car is just easy to park with the reverse camera.