Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R (2011-2019)

Also referred to as: Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R 2018 and Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R 2020. SX (2011-2019), Ascent (2011-2019), ZR (2011-2019), YR (2011-2014), YRX (2009-2014) and YRS (2006-2015)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Waris

WarisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The Bullet proof Reliability

Purchased in October 2016 at Pickles Auctions for $9,000.00.

Rachael P.

Rachael P.South West, WA

Such a great little car

I purchased the Yaris this year second hand barely any kms on it - such a good little car! Comfy, cheap on fuel, amazing sound system and it has such a great turning circle!

I use my Yaris daily to get me to and from work it’s only down fall is it could have more power behind it as pulling out on highways it’s really pedal to the metal to get it going
I reckon a rally spec Yaris would be the best purchase

Purchased in January 2019 at Toyota Dealers.

TransmissionManual

Damien

DamienBrisbane

Small reliable car

I got this as a second car for my family to run errands like groceries and other day to day activities. It has proven to be very fuel efficient.

The drive is ok. Not the best but hey, you can't compare this to a car that cost $30,000 or more.

The car has a Tiptronic transmission. If you are used to CVT like me, you got to adjust yourself to Tiptronic again.

The car has a fairly large boot for a small car. It comes with a 1.3L 4 cyc engine. Most car in this range comes in 3 cyc so that's a plus.

I was hoping to get alloy wheels but, it comes with steel as standard which is a shame.

Purchased in February 2019 for $9,000.00.

Chelle_C

Chelle_CHunter Region, NSW

Daughter enjoys her Yaris.

My daughter loves her Yaris, purchased from a dealer in January 2019 it has everything plus some. Auto headlights, blue tooth, USB ports, cruise control, great fuel economy, reversing camera, plus 7 air bags. Everything we could want in a small car that makes a mum not worry.

Purchased in January 2019.

Mrs K

Mrs KSouth East Queensland, QLD

My favorite car !

Purchased in February 2015 for $24,500.00.

BoughtNew

StevenL

StevenLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Clever Little Car-Perfect for suburb runs

Date PurchasedFeb 2019

Marty G

Marty GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great little car

Just purchased one for my mum brand new from the dealer. Great little car. Cheap to maintain and drives on the smell of an oily rag.
The car is comfortable and comes with all the latest bells and whistles.
I certainly would recommend the Yaris for an everyday car for anybody young or old.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Boris

BorisRobina

Great Car only a few wishes

The Yaris IS a great car. Reliable, reasonably priced, low mileage, etc. The only issues are:
: Why did they not stay with digital speedo. So difficult to see 50 KPH in the 50 KPH speed areas.
: The 1.3 auto is a bit gutless. Wish I had stayed with the manual. This is my issue and should not really reflect on the car as it still get around OK. But nice to have a bit more power when you need it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Sydney_mon

Sydney_monSydney

Great car and great value for money

I just recently purchased my new Toyota Yaris (silver pearl) and was very pleased with the experience. I highly recommend Kieran from Toyota Lander Blacktown.

The car runs smooth and although small, it’s very spacious inside and packs good power. Definitely a god buy and can be used in short or long drives.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Jazz

Jazz

Good small car

I bought a new one on Dec 2011 and drove it everyday for commuting and every needs. I had 3 minor accident but the car was perfect and never troubled me. I serviced it regularly and never had to do any extra service. Fuel consumption was 7-8 Litre/100kg which was a bit higher than the manufacturer's claim

Date PurchasedDec 2011

Rosie

RosieSydney

Really nice car, just needs a bigger engine!

I use my car pretty regularly! I don't drive to work, but I'm using it most nights to get to all my after work activities and lots of weekend driving including fairly often hour+ drives using motorways etc.
It's just me that uses the car so I don't often have passengers, but I do often fill it with sporting equipment, my swag, luggage and the like.
I find that it runs really nicely, but when I have a couple of passengers, heavy luggage or a motorway to drive up-hill on then I feel the lag and notice the smaller engine (I previously had a 1.5 Prius engine).
I got the extra protective coating to help fight against bat/bird droppings and I love that too!

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Julien0398

Julien0398

It has saved me so much time

I drive my car everywhere, to university, work and other events practically almost everyday. I service my car every 6-9 months and there has never been an issue with it. In a place like Sydney, parking can be a nightmare. This car has saved me so many times from walking far distances from my destination because it can fit into smaller spaces that other cars could not get into. It is extremely reliable in every sense and has never given me any issues. Great features and everything you need in a car.

One downside may be the boot space, but its only slightly inconvenient when I have bulky items which is rare.

BadgeZR
Date PurchasedOct 2016

Reddog

ReddogTwin Waters

Toyota Yaris

I am concerned about my Toyota Yaris..I heard the airbags are faulty.The car is about 3 years old..
I'm glad I bought the Yaris,it's so easy to park and to do a u turn..It's easy on petrol too.
Plenty of room in the interior,great to go camping in if your on your own...

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Nicky

NickyBrisbane

Great little car

I purchased this little car 4 years ago and I am still loving it. It has given me no issues so far and runs really well. It is a great car for inner city living and zipping around the city. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for something economical and small.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Paula

PaulaAU

Tiny reliable car

The Yaris performs very well. Never had a problem with it since purchasing in 2015. No noise and hassle. It has a reverse camera which is very useful. The tiny body makes it very comfortable to drive in narrow roads. It is very fuel efficient and reliable even on long drives. Toyota really delivers!

Date PurchasedSep 2015
lizy

lizy

Love this car. So glad i upgraded

This is an excellent car, cheap to run,very quiet motor, love the interior, handles just perfectly, performance is just as it should be, plenty of leg room, great interior colours on the seats, gps is a godsend, and had rhe wi dows tinted for cooler incside during the hot queensland summers.

Engine Size$14,000
Date PurchasedMay 2018

Chris P

Chris PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Well Marketed

Well designed and marketed vehicle. Small, short, wide wheel based. Handles like a go cart. Three gears auto gutsy small city car. Steers boldly with great torque for engine size. Spacey and comfortable. Economical and cheap to run. Really a two seater. Sporty ride and pulls up sweet. OK on highway for a small car. Almost a mini cruiser. Good vision all round. More fun than my Mazda 2 Sedan and just as zippy. Good boot for size and comfy seats. Not the safest car because of its size - good value for money - mini bodge box

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Kathleen

KathleenMelbourne

Can't live without my car

I have a 2016 Toyota Yaris and I can't brag enough about it. It's the perfect size for myself and the bluetooth system works flawlessly to connect my music and phone calls. The price I paid of $17000 was very reasonable for a brand new car and fuel economy is great, getting about 500km on a $40 full tank.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

OT111

OT111Sydney

Some things to consider before buying

Date PurchasedSep 2017

nicolewang

nicolewang

Budget car

My partner drives it most of the time and he says it is pretty good and powerful for its price. It does struggles a bit when going uphill or with the air con turned on but generally it's fine. It is small, cosy and easy to drive, suitable for our daily use.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

RDD

RDDasked

Purchased a new Yaris 2015 Hatch Ascent . Clocked in at 19,000 kms. My car failed as it was struggling to move when changing gears. Roadside assistance detected the car was running on 3 cylinders and should be on 4. Why????
The car has to be towed back to Toyota for further investigation.

The car at times fails to start. Why is this?

So disappointed and annoyed.

This is a new car and I think it's a bloody lemon.

Nelson Tan
Nelson Tan

Unfortunately there's a lemon every now and then, even with luxury cars... It's just one of the few cases where it got past their quality control checks.

den
den

Hi mate.. I am not a mechanic so that I can tell you what exactly is happening to your car, however, you can ask for a replacement car from Toyota dealer for going to work for free . I guess, you still have warranty left...good luck n hope you will get your car back soon.. cheers

chuck48
chuck48

Unable to answer the mechanical questions - a pity as Toyota are usually very reliable. Have noted that sometimes motor does not kick with key ON. Place foot on brake and make sure auto is properly in park. Then good to go . The Yaris is definitely not a power plant.
PS how come a new car with 2015?

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R Ascent Manual

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R Ascent Manual (2011-2019)

2.3
Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R Ascent Auto

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R Ascent Auto (2011-2019)

4.4
Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R SX Manual

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R SX Manual (2011-2019)

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R SX Auto

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R SX Auto (2011-2019)

3.0
Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R ZR

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R ZR (2011-2019)

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YR
  • Discontinued

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YR (2011-2014)

4.5
Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YRS
  • Discontinued

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YRS (2006-2015)

4.2
Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YRX
  • Discontinued

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YRX (2009-2014)

4.5
CategoryCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and Hatchbacks
Starting Price $15,390$16,920$18,080$19,610$22,570$16,190$16,890$21,390
TransmissionManualAutomaticManualAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualContinuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolHybrid
Wheels15" Steel15" Steel15" Steel15" Steel15" Alloy14" Steel15" Steel15" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Doors55555555
Seats55555555
Fuel Consumption5.8 L/100km6.4 L/100km5.9 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.3 L/100km5.8 L/100km6.3 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 42 L42 L42 L42 L42 L42 L42 L42 L
Engine4 Cylinder 1.3L4 Cylinder 1.3L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.3L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.3L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L
Max Power63kW @ 6000rpm63kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm63kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque120Nm @ 4600rpm120Nm @ 4600rpm141Nm @ 4400rpm141Nm @ 4400rpm141Nm @ 4400rpm121Nm @ 4400rpm141Nm @ 4200rpm141Nm @ 4200rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapan
Extra Features
  • Automatic Headlights
  • Voice Control
  • Power Steering
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Dec 2011Dec 2006Dec 2009