Toyota Yaris

Toyota Yaris (page 2 of 9)

NCP130R / NCP131R, XP10, XP90.I and XP90.II

See the Best Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jazz

Jazz

Good small car

I bought a new one on Dec 2011 and drove it everyday for commuting and every needs. I had 3 minor accident but the car was perfect and never troubled me. I serviced it regularly and never had to do any extra service. Fuel consumption was 7-8 Litre/100kg which was a bit higher than the manufacturer's claim

Date PurchasedDec 2011

Rosie

RosieSydney

Really nice car, just needs a bigger engine!

I use my car pretty regularly! I don't drive to work, but I'm using it most nights to get to all my after work activities and lots of weekend driving including fairly often hour+ drives using motorways etc.
It's just me that uses the car so I don't often have passengers, but I do often fill it with sporting equipment, my swag, luggage and the like.
I find that it runs really nicely, but when I have a couple of passengers, heavy luggage or a motorway to drive up-hill on then I feel the lag and notice the smaller engine (I previously had a 1.5 Prius engine).
I got the extra protective coating to help fight against bat/bird droppings and I love that too!

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Julien0398

Julien0398

It has saved me so much time

I drive my car everywhere, to university, work and other events practically almost everyday. I service my car every 6-9 months and there has never been an issue with it. In a place like Sydney, parking can be a nightmare. This car has saved me so many times from walking far distances from my destination because it can fit into smaller spaces that other cars could not get into. It is extremely reliable in every sense and has never given me any issues. Great features and everything you need in a car.

One downside may be the boot space, but its only slightly inconvenient when I have bulky items which is rare.

BadgeZR
Date PurchasedOct 2016
ever.dream

ever.dreamSydney, NSW

Love this car!

Such a great reliable car, very affordable as well! Even though there isn’t a lot of space on the back seat, the front seats are so spacious and comfortable.

There are also so many drink holders - I especially love the one right next to the steering wheel for my coffee; and there are three glove boxes, very is very handy!

Date PurchasedOct 2014

joy

joyMelbourne

I'm glad we are getting rid of it!

Our personal experience was terrible!! It was our son's first car and all he had was troubles. It stalled and would start shaking and dying while standing on red lights or similar. Couple times it died in the middle of a busy roundabout and all I could see that one day might end up tragically becasue the car kept dying whenever he would take his foot of the gas. We visited Toyota service numerous times but they kept saying it was nothing. All they did was raising the motor turns so it doesn't keep turning off but still without putting it in neutral it would start shaking and turn off eventually. So, we had some car...very disappointed but happy to say goodbye yaris.

Date PurchasedMar 2008

Reddog

ReddogTwin Waters

Toyota Yaris

I am concerned about my Toyota Yaris..I heard the airbags are faulty.The car is about 3 years old..
I'm glad I bought the Yaris,it's so easy to park and to do a u turn..It's easy on petrol too.
Plenty of room in the interior,great to go camping in if your on your own...

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Nicky

NickyBrisbane

Great little car

I purchased this little car 4 years ago and I am still loving it. It has given me no issues so far and runs really well. It is a great car for inner city living and zipping around the city. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for something economical and small.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Paula

PaulaAU

Tiny reliable car

The Yaris performs very well. Never had a problem with it since purchasing in 2015. No noise and hassle. It has a reverse camera which is very useful. The tiny body makes it very comfortable to drive in narrow roads. It is very fuel efficient and reliable even on long drives. Toyota really delivers!

BadgeAscent
Date PurchasedSep 2015

Cat

Cat

2013 Toyota Yaris

Really strong for a 1.3L. Great for parking in the city as it is a tiny car. A lot of space for shopping and a shoe wardrobe if you need. Very quiet too. Good legroom if you want to have a nap on a lunch break. Reliable car and really good fuel efficiency.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
lizy

lizy

Love this car. So glad i upgraded

This is an excellent car, cheap to run,very quiet motor, love the interior, handles just perfectly, performance is just as it should be, plenty of leg room, great interior colours on the seats, gps is a godsend, and had rhe wi dows tinted for cooler incside during the hot queensland summers.

Engine Size$14,000
Date PurchasedMay 2018

Melbourne

MelbourneMelbourne

Perfect first car

Bought this as my first car to learn manual in and honestly such a good choice, steering is lovely and is a joy to drive, extremely fuel efficient and small size is easy to park. Have had absolutely no issues with the car at all. Although small feels surprisingly roomy inside.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJan 2015

Chris P

Chris PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Well Marketed

Well designed and marketed vehicle. Small, short, wide wheel based. Handles like a go cart. Three gears auto gutsy small city car. Steers boldly with great torque for engine size. Spacey and comfortable. Economical and cheap to run. Really a two seater. Sporty ride and pulls up sweet. OK on highway for a small car. Almost a mini cruiser. Good vision all round. More fun than my Mazda 2 Sedan and just as zippy. Good boot for size and comfy seats. Not the safest car because of its size - good value for money - mini bodge box

BodySedan
Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Kathleen

KathleenMelbourne

Can't live without my car

I have a 2016 Toyota Yaris and I can't brag enough about it. It's the perfect size for myself and the bluetooth system works flawlessly to connect my music and phone calls. The price I paid of $17000 was very reasonable for a brand new car and fuel economy is great, getting about 500km on a $40 full tank.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Lilis

LilisSydney

This is perfect

Excellent small car. Great for travelling. Nice soundsystem. the Yaris was pretty well equipped with standard air-conditioning, an MP-compatible stereo with a CD player, remote central locking, power mirrors and window. the Yaris was pretty well equipped with standard air-conditioning, an MP-compatible stereo with a CD player, remote central locking, power mirrors and window. Overall it is great car.

Date PurchasedMar 2008

OT111

OT111Sydney

Some things to consider before buying

BadgeAscent
Date PurchasedSep 2017
JAY

JAYMelbourne

Satisfied customer

Satisfied customer, spacious and easy to park. Good mileage so easy on saving. Not a luxury car but first car to start with, helpful in each way. The boot is small but over all a great car for family.Even when driving on a high speed their is no bubbling and its a smooth drive.

Date PurchasedMay 2011

nicolewang

nicolewang

Budget car

My partner drives it most of the time and he says it is pretty good and powerful for its price. It does struggles a bit when going uphill or with the air con turned on but generally it's fine. It is small, cosy and easy to drive, suitable for our daily use.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Ash

AshSydney

Extremely reliable and not so small

Got this car as a 21st present from my family and it's amazing. I own a 2015 Yaris YR and don't let the exterior fool you, the interior feels a lot bigger than my other family car. It's extremely light and handles great and is by far the most fuel efficient car i have ever driven. My only issue is the bluetooth/touch screen technology which sometimes messes up but not enough to bring my rating down. 5/5

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Z Li

Z LiMelbourne

Good small affordable car

Got my yaris sedan secondhand back in uni, and it had been performing really well and very reliable. Small car so it was really easy to monuve around (especially as a new driver). It has relatively big space as well for a single. The running cost is low in general but Toyota service is a bit expensive. Overall a good first car before I move on to ssh more expensive

BodySedan

oldfaller

oldfallerasked

2006 yarris tail lights do not turn on... fuse is ok

Julies

I don't work for Toyota so have no idea about that one. Hopefully someone can help you.

Paul kasked

my 2015 yaris had the right side door mirror broken off ever since the abs/ trac control lights are on all the time have checked all fuses

Julies

You would have to check with Toyota as I don't have any idea about these things.

Ok thanks

Saruna

Sarunaasked

I bought 2014 Toyota Yaris Hatchback. When i bought it the bluetooth devices are full but unable to remove it and as the devices are full, i am unable to connect mine with its system. Should i reset it?

StevenL
StevenL

You should be able to delete any or all previous connections. I am not driving the Yaris as I have passed it to my son but it was pretty easy to delete when I fiddled with the display, Just play with the buttons on the display and you’ll soon discover the delete button.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R Ascent Manual

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R Ascent Manual (2011-2019)

2.3
Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R Ascent Auto

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R Ascent Auto (2011-2019)

4.4
Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R SX Manual

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R SX Manual (2011-2019)

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R SX Auto

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R SX Auto (2011-2019)

3.0
Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R ZR

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R ZR (2011-2019)

Toyota Yaris XP10
  • Discontinued

Toyota Yaris XP10 (2000-2005)

Toyota Yaris XP90.I
  • Discontinued

Toyota Yaris XP90.I (2005-2013)

4.2
Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YR
  • Discontinued

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YR (2011-2014)

4.5
Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YRS
  • Discontinued

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YRS (2006-2015)

4.2
Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YRX
  • Discontinued

Toyota Yaris NCP130R / NCP131R YRX (2009-2014)

4.5
Toyota Yaris XP90.II
  • Discontinued

Toyota Yaris XP90.II (2008-2016)

4.4
CategoryCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars, Hatchbacks and SedansCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars, Hatchbacks and Sedans
Starting Price $15,390$16,920$18,080$19,610$22,570$16,190$16,890$21,390
TransmissionManualAutomaticManualAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualContinuously Variable (CVT)Automatic and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolHybridPetrol
Wheels15" Steel15" Steel15" Steel15" Steel15" Alloy14" Steel15" Steel15" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Doors55555555
Seats55555555
Fuel Consumption5.8 L/100km6.4 L/100km5.9 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.3 L/100km5.8 L/100km6.3 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 42 L42 L42 L42 L42 L42 L42 L42 L
Engine4 Cylinder 1.3L4 Cylinder 1.3L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.3L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.3L4 Cylinder 1.5L4 Cylinder 1.5L
Max Power63kW @ 6000rpm63kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm63kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm80kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque120Nm @ 4600rpm120Nm @ 4600rpm141Nm @ 4400rpm141Nm @ 4400rpm141Nm @ 4400rpm121Nm @ 4400rpm141Nm @ 4200rpm141Nm @ 4200rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapan
Extra Features
  • Automatic Headlights
  • Voice Control
  • Power Steering
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2000Oct 2005Dec 2011Dec 2006Dec 2009Oct 2008
Discontinuation dateSep 2005Sep 2013Dec 2014Dec 2015Dec 2014Dec 2016